• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

They were probably pissed that Dr. Death didn't win like they wanted him to. At some point someone likely told Butterbean to just knock the life out of him.

There is a sad story about Butterbean getting back to the locker room area after his Mania Brawl 4 All showing and was all hyped, going on about how he's of the boys now and couldn't wait to do more.

He was in the first Jackass movie, so I think he won.

Untitled%201029_zpsupe01uhv.gif

The Dudley's have no respect for furniture!

jmdajr

Kind of shame that stuntman Kofi wasted so many years having no personality.

It's great that these guys have been basically let loose. No way the writing team is coming up with this shit.

Bronx-Man

Banned

It's great that these guys have been basically let loose. No way the writing team is coming up with this shit.
That feud with Orton in 09/10 should've been his rocket to the main event.

klonere

Banned
I'd highly recommend checking out today's episode of WOOO! Nation with Steve Austin. So many good stories and of course Austin does more interviewing than Flair, as is usual.

- They both go out of their way to mention AJ Styles should be in the WWE
- Ric hates people wearing their merch to the ring (which is awkward cos I've seen Austin wear all his shirts on those 98 Raws)
- Paul Orndorff had a shoot fight with Vader and won, with his bad arm.
- Lots of fantastic Arn stories
- Vader was the only guy to ever potato Flair in a match and Harley Race had to talk Flair into returning the favor.
- Some brief stuff about Steve's G1 tour

And lots more, really hilarious show. Wrestlers were carny to the fucking core in Ric's day and all of them seemed to get in fights constantly.

Fox318

That writing team and Vince wanted them to be called : "New Coat of Paint"

These guys should be getting a bigger cut since they are the ones who made the gimmick

Mahonay

Banned

It's basically exactly the kind of the stuff they were doing backstage with WWE.com for months while they were working on their Smart Athletic Friends gimmick together. Then someone decided they should be black preachers instead. That flopped so Kofi/Xavier/Big E got a chance to give their original material a go. I love when that stuff happens. Long history of it in WWE., like Austin taking The Ringmaster and turning into Stone Cold. Just have to build up the courage to tell Vince that your gimmick has failed and you have a new idea.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sorry but I'm never gonna be able to take that random strongman in the Wyatt Family seriously because he just looks like Gigantic Samwell Tarly

Mahonay

Banned
I'm sorry but I'm never gonna be able to take that random strongman in the Wyatt Family seriously because he just looks like Gigantic Samwell Tarly
Lol. Same for me. He needs his look to be tweaked, immediately.

What's done is done. Glad they brought in the Dudley's because they have no team at their level right now.

Shield Too and New Wyatts are bust doing their thing.
If I didn't love watching Luke Harper's work so much those matches would be insta-skip or me. So fucking boring.

jmdajr

It's basically exactly the kind of the stuff they were doing backstage with WWE.com for months while they were working on their Smart Athletic Friends gimmick together. Then someone decided they should be black preachers instead. That flopped so Kofi/Xavier/Big E got a chance to give their original material a go. I love when that stuff happens. Long history of it in WWE., like Austin taking The Ringmaster and turning into Stone Cold. Just have to build up the courage to tell Vince that your gimmick has failed and you have a new idea.

Pretty much. Just have to gain Vince's confidence and he'll set you free. But that's a tough road.

I hope New Day stay together for a while just so we can see what they do with Kofi at the Rumble.

I hope New Day are the first three entrants into the rumble just so we can get that SES Punk spot where they just cut a promo in the ring on the next five or guys and toss them out.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Also vote for "It's a New Month, Yes It Is" for September OT

I imagine their plan A is Rock & Rousey vs HHH and Steph to end the Authority angle.

wheres spike dudley tho

20120724_Spike3_642.jpg

Got the hell outta this carny company, friend. Started a family, settled down and made some good dollars. If he comes back, he's not taking any bumps like he used ta and it'll probably be a one off.

Edit: Beaten like a government mule

RP912

Banned
Spike was a teacher around the time of ECW. Dude probably a professor by now.

After the bumps he took, I don't blame him for GG'ing and being a family man.

RP912

Banned
Spike's personal list of the top 10 worst bumps he's taken is horrifying. It's truly amazing that he's not dead or in a wheelchair.

http://rapmusic.com/threads/spike-dudleys-top-10-painful-memories.624554/

5. Brock Lesnar is physically the strongest guy I’ve been in the ring with, and that’s saying a lot. He has such awesome raw power it’s really beyond description. In Brock’s debut television appearance, he rushed the ring during a match involving Al Snow and Maven. I had come to the ring in an effort to steal a win and the Hardcore Title. Brock had a different idea. I broke a broomstick over his head and he didn’t even flinch. The next thing I know, he’s power-bombing me three consecutive times.

The back of my head hit the canvas with such impact, I was seeing stars on the first one and was on the verge of blacking out after the third one. I had a headache for a long time after that.

qGG4Zk0.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Probably my favorite Punk gif because it's such an unfair moment, because the steps are still attached. But I trot it out and parade it around just to be a cunt.

Also vote for "It's a New Month, Yes It Is" for September OT

I imagine their plan A is Rock & Rousey vs HHH and Steph to end the Authority angle.

Friend, I don't think they plan on ending the Authority angle anytime soon, if ever. We're only going to see more H & Steph when Vince is gone.

Top Bottom