• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heath Slater has been buried by countless old guys for months. It made him more likable and well-known to fans than any kind of 'push' would have.

Spike Dudley living a relatively unencumbered life in 2015 is a win. However, it wasn't all bad:
2566778476_34a20869e5_o_d.jpg

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOUGH GUY! U! S! A!
U!
S!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Jim Duggan really captures everything about the American Way though. He's big loud mouth bully, who often cheats his way to victory and then hides behind the 'valour' of a big old flag. I'd like to see someone use this exact gimmick now and see if they'd get cheered or booed - or if any non-US Wrestler would call them out on it.

Yeah, it's only older content!

You need this in your life, Lucha - https://youtu.be/wCYX11Dzws0

jmdajr

Didn't know Dolph resigned

“My contract was coming up, and I was weighing a bunch of different option,” he said. “I had a lot of outside offers to do some other things. Instead I decided to settle on doing the thing I love the most and working for WWE. WWE has given me an out where any days off that I have they allow me to work on outside projects. So it’s a win-win for everybody.”

We're all winners dudes.

Which is the problem here? I mean, it sounds like you both have DIFFERENT problems with me. That can't possibly be right
D5KZ7Pb.gif

Is just that sometimes the jokes get too far and become borderline mean and boring. I guess is just something whit communities in the internet. They just find something to ravage on and do not let go. It was fun laughing about Punk stair gif and KO shape for a while, but then jokes just become repetitive and unfunny.

Heath Slater has been buried by countless old guys for months. It made him more likable and well-known to fans than any kind of 'push' would have.

Heath Slater is truly great in that role and should be used more on TV, but he wasn't born and bred to rip and shred like The Ascension.

Sephzilla

Yeah but Heath Slater wasn't buried by commentary the moment he set foot on television and was actually part of the one of the coolest debuts in recent times.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Is just that sometimes the jokes get too far and become borderline mean and boring. I guess is just something whit communities in the internet. They just find something to ravage on and do not let go. It was fun laughing about Punk stair gif and KO shape for a while, but then jokes just become repetitive and unfunny.
On WrassleGAF? Never!

EDIT: AAAAAAAAYYYYYY, WE WANT SOME NEW PAGE
Untitled%201029_zpsupe01uhv.gif

Why do you have Fox318 on ignore?

Fox318
HE HATE ME

World's #1 Los Angeles XTREME fan.
(Today, 02:03 PM)

That feud with Orton in 09/10 should've been his rocket to the main event.

If Kofi would had timed the punt correctly...he would have headlined a ppv by now or been a champion :(

I think you're letting current Kofi cloud your memory. Kofi was absolute doggy doo back then.

Spike Dudley living a relatively unencumbered life in 2015 is a win. However, it wasn't all bad:
2566778476_34a20869e5_o_d.jpg

Spike won. For all the punishment he took, he made it in the end. With all the shit that you hear wrestlers get into and where they tend to end up, it's nice to get a happy ending for once.

Also I didn't catch this initially, but you're basically telling me to stop posting, which is hilarious as I bring a lot of great discussion to the board.

This is how I summon Data West to conjure up a terrible OP I made before

Nah, you are one of the best posters here. I just do not want to see you strobogo your way to reddit because you could not control you urgencies of trolling something regarding "gamerz" or "millennials".

Mahonay

Banned
Spike won. For all the punishment he took, he made it in the end. With all the shit that you hear wrestlers get into and where they tend to end up, it's nice to get a happy ending for once.
I think most people have always known Spike was one of the good ones. A legit normal ass nice person and not one of the carney fucks. I'm not surprised he had a happy ending, ignoring the part where he's lucky to have his body fully intact.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
That writing team and Vince wanted them to be called : "New Coat of Paint"

These guys should be getting a bigger cut since they are the ones who made the gimmick

My hope is that Lesnar obliterating Bo Dallas at MSG will lead to a Bo Dallas + New Day team up (The Nation of Inspiration!) that leads to a Survivor Series match between New Day + Bo Dallas vs Lesnar and his team. No one else is on Lesnar's team. Lesnar destroys everyone.

The best part about Lesnar is that he can squash anyone; and it doesn't actually bury them.

Does Vince really want a 9/11 truther getting a WM paycheck from him?

Pretty sure Rousey wouldn't even make the top 10 of "terrible people Vince has given a WM check to at some point in his life"

Friend, I don't think they plan on ending the Authority angle anytime soon, if ever. We're only going to see more H & Steph when Vince is gone.

I am hoping HHH and Steph want to spend more time at home, as well as spend more time on the business side once Vince retires or what not.

Outside Cener and 'Taker on the roster right now, there's no one else near his status. Rock v. Brock was sell huge at this point. And making money is absolutely the biggest objective in wrestling. Hogan and Andre made huge cash in their Mania 3 fight.

If UFC doesn't let Rousey go; then you could see a WM of

Brock vs Rock
Cena vs Taker
Sting, Reigns, and Ambrose vs the Wyatt Family (current 3 members + Rowan)
Owens vs Zayn
Balor vs Itami for the NXT Title
HHH vs Rollins for the WWE Title
Bayley vs Sasha for the Women's Title

klonere

Banned
WWE Network continues to buffer or not load at all when trying to watch older content. C'MON NOW, don't deny me my right to watch Hacksaw Jim Duggan, now.

Its so fucking terrible right now, I can't watch any of the Nitros or ECW stuff :(

I mean I guess it worked for the stuff over the weekend but come on, half the reason I re-upped was for that stuff.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Lol.

As far as we know Bryan is good to go now right? I imagine they're saving him now for some kind of big return that they'll try and keep secret.

My understanding is that WWE won't clear him because he's had 8 gazillion concussions and has openly said that he might die in his next match.

Its so fucking terrible right now, I can't watch any of the Nitros or ECW stuff :(

I mean I guess it worked for the stuff over the weekend but come on, half the reason I re-upped was for that stuff.

Did they change something in the last week or so? I never had buffering issues until about a week or so ago. I just figured our internet at home was crappier.

klonere

Banned
Did they change something in the last week or so? I never had buffering issues until about a week or so ago. I just figured our internet at home was crappier.

I'm really not sure as I just start up again before Summerslam and tried to watch a bunch of stuff beforehand and it all crapped out.

Bunch of people on Alvarez's twitter right now reporting the same issue, so something weird is going down.

Bandini

Lol.

As far as we know Bryan is good to go now right? I imagine they're saving him now for some kind of big return that they'll try and keep secret.

At this point they should just use him for Mania. Let him put on the kind of matches he's going to put on without getting injured in a nothing match.

jmdajr

This dude in my office is desperate to find a diet to help him lose some weight and keep his blood sugar under control.

I don't know how much shit he's tried and actually gone through with it.

New method. FASTING ...FOR 10 DAYS! 21 IF HE CAN GO THAT LONG!

He says he feels great after the first 36hours though!

My reaction.

"ummmm.... OK."

This dude in my office is desperate to find a diet to help him lose some weight and keep his blood sugar under control.

My reaction.

"ummmm.... OK."

you should try to encourage himself to get better education on actual lifestyle changes rather than crash diets, buddy!

My reaction.

"ummmm.... OK."
Lol, he has a quite a bit more to go. You hit him with the HHH no sell to the Miz.

Finn is not going to be the guy to beat Brock.

Honestly, Roman IS a great candidate, but I think he needs another few years of seasoning.

Otherwise, there's nobody on the whole roster who seems remotely credible. Maybe that super tall guy they signed to developmental recently, wasn't he an amateur wrestler or something?

klonere

Banned

Honestly, Roman IS a great candidate, but I think he needs another few years of seasoning.

Otherwise, there's nobody on the whole roster who seems remotely credible. Maybe that super tall guy they signed to developmental recently, wasn't he an amateur wrestler or something?

EskpwS8.png

He's 6'7+ incredibly jacked and yes, a former Greco-Roman wrestler.

Too bad he's Serb and has zero chance ever being the guy

Mahonay

Banned

Cesaro, if he's booked correctly before hand, is definitely a credible opponent for Brock.

Anth0ny

are they gonna do the roman heel turn or what

they tried to make him a beer drinking babyface, and it failed. if that doesn't work, what will?

just look at new day. when you try to force a lame ass babyface on people, it tends to fail. let the performer be himself as a heel, and good things can happen.

Top Bottom