• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Chamber

love on your sleeve
How is Brock vs. anyone a dream match at this point? Spoiler alert: 10 suplexes and a F-5 is about all you can expect from him these days. Sadly, 2003 Brock ain't walking through that door. The booking of his matches is dull as dirt at this point.

Well at least Bryan dying for our sins gave us Brock squashing Cena. The Cena squash was the catalyst for getting the fans behind him, if he had done it to beloved Bryan I don't know how different things would be.

Probably not that different. He took Undertaker's streak and that dead man is more beloved than Bryan. And surely they would have gone through with the Reigns stuff, etc. Brock will always be awesome in every dimension.

Fox318

Well they're not vague rumors, he's outright said if WWE doesn't clear him he will do it. I don't know what Bryan or WWE is waiting for though.

What prevents Bryan from posting an instagram pic of him in a ring in his backyard?

WWE said they wouldn't clear him but I see no reason why he can't do it for free in his backyard and post pics about training?

Plus he needs to see the doctors Cena sees. I get a vague feeling that this is the doctor he sees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxRkXrBMKo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is Brock vs. anyone a dream match at this point? Spoiler alert: 10 suplexes and a F-5 is about all you can expect from him these days. Sadly, 2003 Brock ain't walking through that door. The booking of his matches is dull as dirt at this point.

That's great because 2015 Brock is much better than 2003 Brock unless you're a mark for moves. If that's the case, you can just check out some Ring of Honor matches.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Brehs

Rusev was cutting promos on Ziggler since way back: http://rutube.ru/video/83dc33a4db52cce4f8b27426cc07e9a8/

He knew the Dolph had jealous eyes.
ZcLvsTb.png

Because he's a fantastic storyteller?

What prevents Bryan from posting an instagram pic of him in a ring in his backyard?

WWE said they wouldn't clear him but I see no reason why he can't do it for free in his backyard and post pics about training?

Plus he needs to see the doctors Cena sees. I get a vague feeling that this is the doctor he sees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHxRkXrBMKo

Bryan's probably to emotionally distressed about the whole thing. He seemed completely gone on Tough Enough. So sad.

Brehs

Rusev was cutting promos on Ziggler since way back: http://rutube.ru/video/83dc33a4db52cce4f8b27426cc07e9a8/

He knew the Dolph had jealous eyes.
ZcLvsTb.png

Taken on 9-11-13. Wow.

MC Safety

He's good once every three or four months. He is not good as a champ defending his title once every three or four months.

Plus, he comes with Paul Heyman, who is only getting better as a mouthpiece.

Fox318

Matches/Fueds I want to see Brock Ranking

1. Cesaro
  2. Orton
  3. Ziggler
  4. Ambrose
  5. Ryback
  6. Owens
  7. Swagger
  8. Sheamus
  9. Stardust
  10. Neville
  11. Crews
  12. Big E
  13. Enzo and Big Cass
  14. Corbin
  15. Bryan

Unless Bryan can prove he isn't gonna die I don't want to see him out there.

Probably not that different. He took Undertaker's streak and that dead man is more beloved than Bryan. And surely they would have gone through with the Reigns stuff, etc. Brock will always be awesome in every dimension.

I think there's a different kind of beloved.

People respect Taker, but he's no underdog and isn't seen as one. You won't have people feeling sorry for poor little Taker getting beat up by a bully, Taker's a huge grown ass man.

Bryan is the most effective underdog character WWE has ever had, Brock completely squashing Bryan could very well feed the narrative of him being held down and WWE just giving him some token short reign and then the fans take some of it out on Brock at least for a short while.

Now having said that I do agree the Roman stuff probably would have had things end up the same.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Friend, I can just enjoy a Seth Rollins match.

Heyman's promos are about as fresh as another suplex city match.

For someone who calls out wrestlers on being stale, your fave cutting the same 'You guys didn't believe in me promo and I proved all of you wrong!' promo every week sure don't get enough criticism.

Unless Bryan can prove he isn't gonna die I don't want to see him out there.

Everyone dies, friend.

I think there's a different kind of beloved.

People respect Taker, but he's no underdog and isn't seen as one. You won't have people feeling sorry for poor little Taker getting beat up by a bully, Taker's a huge grown ass man.

Bryan is the most effective underdog character WWE has ever had, Brock completely squashing Bryan could very well feed the narrative of him being held down and WWE just giving him some token short reign and then the fans take some of it out on Brock at least for a short while.

Now having said that I do agree the Roman stuff probably would have had things end up the same.

That's true, but Bryan's one feud post-Mania he had was so horrendous that I think if that was a sample of his time with the title, people would be over him by SummerSlam.

you're a disgrace to the business

RP912

Banned
I don't think 2015 Brock has the strength to become 2003 Brock. Beggers can't be choosers. Take those suplex cities like a man and appreciate BRUUUOCKK LESNAR!

What's '2003 Brock?' A few more running powerslams, a powerbomb here and there? He's the same, just working safer. Maybe almost dying from a shooting star press taught him what every top guy knows; it isn't how many moves you do, it's how you sell them to the people.

Fox318

What's '2003 Brock?' A few more running powerslams, a powerbomb here and there? He's the same, just working safer. Maybe almost dying from a shooting star press taught him what every top guy knows; it isn't how many moves you do, it's how you sell them to the people.

d1seziF.jpg

BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK BROCK LOCK

I apologize if this was posted already but goddamn do I love New Day more and more every day. They've done so well with this gimmick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9aoTLldUIc

good god kofi

'3 d's? i hope one of these d's stands for disrepest'

'the dudleys don't respect furtniture'

good stuff. so good.

edit:

big e: look deep in those crevasses michael!!! (kofi's currently shaking his ass in cole's face)

yup. new day rules.

He's got the Brock Lock which was shitty and only worked with small people. He got his money and he'll do shit.

2017's the last we'll see of him because Papa Dana won't want an old easily-cut Brock who gets redfaced after 2 minutes. Again, I'm glad.

you're outta your god damned mind. this is the era of the beast and will be for some time.

brock's only 37 which is only three years older than CM Punk and Brock is a tank so he'll last - he also only does a few events a year.

We're stuck with Brock taylorswiftfan. Jump in or jump off.

Did real_slime do another comment about how good reddit is or how bad everyone's av is? He's on my ignore list for threatening me elsewhere so I don't want to check but am curious why he's still following me around

Top Bottom