• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

kirblar

I really hope they have Seth just throw the Cena match at the PPV so they can get the title back off him. (Storyline: He's saving gas for the Sting match.) It's a clean way to do it without hurting anyone.

Menome

Non-Brock Dream Match?

Having won the WHC, Cena faces a MITB cash-in from Damien Sandow who is disguised as Sheamus and has stolen the briefcase.

Sandow wins, gets revenge against Cena for last time around and we all win as Sheamus isn't the champ.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Power of Positivity has a thread in OT about their interview/promo. It's so good, I hope more people watch.

FutureShock out of Manchester. They seem well liked by those who attend, but when you're talking about the "best of British" and the only names I recognise are a few PCW guys and Jack Gallagher...ehhh. Also, fucking lol at Xander Cooper doing a shit (but also very blatant) appropriation of Dalton Castle's look;

oiRPhFu.jpg

J3ql3J1.jpg

Ive never been but I'm a big Dave Rayne fan and they've been going for 11 years now probably just been overtaken by a lot of the newer and bigger companies

OctoMan

Banned
First kid in the world to get a double hand transplant was just profiles on the national nbc news.

How are they rehabbing him? By playing with john Cena action figures of course. That cena, what a guy.

Striker

His character is the only credible heel on the roster who gets booed on a consistent basis

fellah
He tries to wrestle like a heel, at least. When the sheep were booing him in his match with Orton, he went to do those forearm clubs on the apron, he stopped when they started counting along with it. Why would you chant along with him when moments earlier you were booing him? They do that for the Miz in his promos. Or with New Day in their chant. Or with the Real Americans when they were heel. They love mindless chanting.

klonere

Banned
He tries to wrestle like a heel, at least. When the sheep were booing him in his match with Orton, he went to do those forearm clubs on the apron, he stopped when they started counting along with it. Why would you chant along with him when moments earlier you were booing him? They do that for the Miz in his promos. Or with New Day in their chant. Or with the Real Americans when they were heel. They love mindless chanting.

I'm glad someone appreciates him friend. I'm willing to let Rollins get away with his in ring stuff as long as he continues to be spectacular doing that stuff and only wins dirty.

Sheamus however can wrestle heel, be stiff as fuck and just beat people up while getting boos. Respect the hawk.

Cagey

Banned

Yep. Simple yet masterful ways to keep the crowd booing you as a heel. Stop the suicide dives and Phoenix Splash attempts, Seth. Tease the dive and then stop and dismissively wave your hand and shout "you people didn't pay enough to see me dive over the ropes" or something. Stay hated.

What cracks me up is the crowd full-throat booing Sheamus or Roman Reigns because they exist but chanting BROGUE before the Brogue Kick or that OO-RAH guttural sound Roman makes before a spear.

Above all else, above wrestling ability or a particular spot in a match or charisma or speaking ability, you need something these smark crowds can chant. That's wrestling in 2015.

Why is it that when you have your opponent in the corner you are only allowed to punch or kick them 10 times? Why can't you just punch him until he's out?

Fox318

Why is it that when you have your opponent in the corner you are only allowed to punch or kick them 10 times? Why can't you just punch him until he's out?

Its wrestling, not boxing.

The origins of the sport revolve around holding your opponent down, beating them until you can hold them down, or making them submit to pain.

Technically you are not allowed to use closed fists but since wrestling is fake you can do whatever you want.

the fact that Sheamus could be the next champ is daunting to me and my heart sinks whenever I see him come out with the case. Not because he's a great heel and I hate him. I just think he's a boring act.

the fact that Sheamus could be the next champ is daunting to me and my heart sinks whenever I see him come out with the case. Not because he's a great heel and I hate him. I just think he's a boring act.

exactly, it's genuinely terrifying, and I'd be surprised if they go through with a real reign for him. Maybe they're just giving it to him so they can get it on Roman, because the people will beg for anyone to take it off him.

Fox318

This would be a good way to overturn any potential Roman Reigns title wins in the fiture.

I believe the rule is you are not allowed to punch somebody for more than 5-10 seconds with a closed fist

I'm trying to think who the first brawling type wrestler was that made it difficult for him to get over without punching. Might be Piper?

Austin wound up punching everyone because it was in his character but he still had his technical arsenal when he wanted to use it.

41UWqf5.gif

Ive never been but I'm a big Dave Rayne fan and they've been going for 11 years now probably just been overtaken by a lot of the newer and bigger companies

Yeah, I can see that - it's more of a presentation thing, especially when you're putting yourself in competition with some of the bigger companies and for a higher price. I like what I've seen of Jack Gallagher and he seems to have worked there throughout his career.

Top Bottom