• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Exis

I feel bad for Eva, she is trying and actually getting better and all crowds are ever going to do is shit all over her.

I feel bad for Eva, she is trying and actually getting better and all crowds are ever going to do is shit all over her.

Luckily that's what is wanted out of the fans for Total Divas stuff. They don't even realize they are perfectly playing their role in the story trying to be told for that show, which makes the reactions even funnier, imo.

Cagey

Banned
Big Cass is getting into damn good shape, slowly shedding some of that baby fat on his stomach and looking more like a monster instead of a tall dude.

somedevil

Nia Jax? This is another one of the rock's significantly less talented cousins, correct?

This is how she looks.

27296f0896lina.jpg

Plus I would like here that Elias Sampson theme. It sounded quite good.

Zabka

Really interested to see what they do with the end of this match. There was a ton of confusion in the arena.

It's also really depressing to see the difference between how the crowd reacts with these woman vs Raw. Must have been a real slap in the face for Charlotte and Becky.

somedevil

On the convention circuit ?

The guy has it. The man got a good pop by the Brooklyn crowd when he got tagged in. The guy was over even before he debuted officially. He is right now early Angle with the same comedy timing.

Plus here is Meltzer's ratings for NXT and Summerslam. He was a fan of Summerslam:

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn
>Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs. Tyler Breeze: **
>The Vaudevillains (Aiden English & Simon Gotch) vs. Blake & Murphy (NXT Tag Team Championship Match): **1/4
>Apollo Crews vs. Tye Dillinger: *1/2
>Samoa Joe vs. Baron Corbin: **3/4
>Bayley vs. Sasha Banks (NXT Womens Championship Match): ****1/2
>Finn Balor vs. Kevin Owens (NXT Championship Ladder Match): ****1/4

WWE Summerslam
>Sheamus vs. Randy Orton: ***
>The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston) vs. Los Matadores (Diego & Fernando) vs. The Lucha Dragons (Kalisto & Sin Cara) vs. The Prime Time Players (Darren Young & Titus O'Neil) (WWE Tag Team Championship Match): ***1/4
>Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev: **1/2
>Stephen Amell & Neville vs. Stardust & King Barrett: **1/4
>Ryback vs. The Big Show vs. The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Championship Match): **
>Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt & Luke Harper): ***1/2
>Seth Rollins vs. John Cena (WWE World Heavyweight & WWE United States Championships Match): ****1/2
>Team PCB (Paige, Charlotte & Becky Lynch) vs. Team BAD (Sasha Banks, Tamina & Naomi) vs. Team Bella (Nikki Bella, Brie Bella & Alicia Fox) (Elimination Tag Team Match): ***
>Kevin Owens vs. Cesaro: ***3/4
>The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar: ****

Cagey

Banned
The Dana Brooke character doesn't make sense. Why is she dressing and acting like some unholy combination of a plastic and a loli when her physical background is jacked fitness competitor.

Just be a fucking muscled up ass kicker.

Kenobi

You know, even with a mess up like that I'm impressed that production has the replay ready and the music was cued with Emma's music ready to go no matter what.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I doubt it even started until late 1997 or so when Vince left the announce team for good. Before that most stuff was either pretaped or Vince was lead PBP guy

Can't see McMahon yelling in Monsoon or Ventura's headset and getting away with it.
Ventura was so good at calling out heel shit performed by the faces. I missed that when the "face" team randomly beat the shit out of Sloe on Raw this week.

Ventura was so good at calling out heel shit performed by the faces. I missed that when the "face" team randomly beat the shit out of Sloe on Raw this week.

The story there was everyone hates Show, including his heel teammates. The heels beat him up, too. And either JBL or Cole explicitly pointed out that no one likes Show. WWE often has their faces act like shitheads, but that wasn't an example of that. Nor was Cena dropping Stewart.

somedevil

Jason Jordan should be praising every deity there is that he is in developmental at the same time as Gable.

Yep, the man was floundering and then suddenly Gable came and gave him some personality.

Plus here is the list of Women possibility joining NXT:

Athena
Kana
Sarita probably as another trainer

Asshole babyfaces, they have truly graduated to main roster sensibilities.

More like we royally screwed up the finish of the match so we came up with this.

Tanahashi is awesome.

Tanahashi did a podcast after the G-1 tournament. Having read an English translation of his book, Tanahashi is one of the more insightful wrestlers around in the sense he can convey in writing a depth of understanding of wrestling psychology at a higher level than almost anyone. In a translation of his podcast by Chris Charlton, he said that when he was asked about the decision to go with Shinsuke Nakamura over Kazuchika Okada in the G-1 finals, he said that it was the 25th G-1, and as a milestone event, it had to be Nakamura. He also said he doesn't believe in post-match handshakes and hugs. "A post match handshake often undoes all the work and drama you've done in the match. It comes to nothing." He said when he was in ROH against Fish & O'Reilly, and they offered the handshake as ROH protocol, he thought "What the f*** is this?" He heavily praised A.J. Styles as a wrestler, but made fun of his haircut, saying he looks like one of the Beatles. He said that anyone can watch Styles and say he's the best wrestler in the world right now and Tanahashi said he wants that label for himself. He made it clear that he right now thinks Styles is better than he is. He said Styles' psychology is better than his move set. He said Styles now gives people a reason to invest in every match even with no storyline going in. He said Michael Elgin performed much better in Japan than he had seen of him in the U.S. He said that his ROH match with Elgin wasn't that good and when it was over, he was wondering if it was his fault or Elgin's fault.

Meltzer says the actual point of the women's segment with Miz on Monday was to tease tension between PCB. It failed, but they did reiterate that with a promo on SD where the Bellas tried to get Charlotte and Becky to break from the team. I could see them fast-forwarding that to get out of the team angle, and have them split.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Someone uploaded Vinny's amazing divas revolution rant from today's Brian and vinny(and Craig) show.

https://youtu.be/5gARryqOw5g

Biggest point in this video: WWE is literally the company in the world that goes "We're in era of female wrestlers!"

When listening to all that corporate PR bullshit about the Divas Revolution (brought to you by Stephanie McMahon), Vince McMahon literally had no idea that women's mma was a thing and said "someone could get killed out there!"

This is company that's really got its fingers on the pulse of America, I tell ya.

So I didn't follow Tough Enough but from my local news I just found out that Sara Lee is from Hope, Michigan which is like 15 miles away from here I live. o_O And I lived there too for a while when I was like four or five.

You can tell WWE really wants to get the women over because just like everything else they want to get over (Roman, Cena, the Network, etc.) they are pushing the idea of it way too hard and it seems so forced and fake. People tend to not like that (see: Roman).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If I was booking I'd keep Team Bella, the only one with any unity of vision but still brought up the rest of the divas. Thrown them into a tournament that would have had the winner decided at Summerslam, had that person face Brie at NoC. During this time Team Bella could be shown interfering with the tournament and trying to handpick Paige as the one they want to fight, but have it backfire and get a match between one of the new women instead.

TNA IN 2015

Well, it's hard to believe they could make a battle for a man's leg worse, but they did. Then EY, the former World Heavyweight Champion, ranted about wanting his leg. Melendez takes the leg off, hops around and gives it to EY, who moves way so he has to hop more and then Chris just tosses it at him while EY brags about it. Pope sums this up nicely - "at times like this, there's nothing to say".

Another thing Meltzer mentioned is that WWE isn't as committed to Nikki breaking the record as most think. In fact, they were going to take the belt off of her and give it to Paige a while ago, but plans changed. The original plan was for Charlotte to face Nikki at NoC, but it could be changed, as apparently the women's stuff gets changed more than most stuff.

Top Bottom