• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

CDiggity

Another thing Meltzer mentioned is that WWE isn't as committed to Nikki breaking the record as most think. In fact, they were going to take the belt off of her and give it to Paige a while ago, but plans changed. The original plan was for Charlotte to face Nikki at NoC, but it could be changed, as apparently the women's stuff gets changed more than most stuff.

Well there is someone who made the champ tap...and it ain't Paige or Charlotte.

Another thing Meltzer mentioned is that WWE isn't as committed to Nikki breaking the record as most think. In fact, they were going to take the belt off of her and give it to Paige a while ago, but plans changed. The original plan was for Charlotte to face Nikki at NoC, but it could be changed, as apparently the women's stuff gets changed more than most stuff.

So when does our girl get her title match for making the champ tap out clean a few weeks ago

vCNz8aC.gif

MG310

It seems like they shifted to giving Becky more of the ring time and wins in the past few weeks..I'm guessing she ends up being the one who gets Nikki's last match before she passes AJ and saving Charlotte/Sasha's potential title shots for later on.

Bronx-Man

Banned
So yeah, I'll have the NEW DAY OT up around when SmackDown ends tomorrow. Any big things happening in ROH, Progress, IPW, New Japan, etc, that you want me to add?

Wait what the fuck why!?

Swerved is great!

Presumably because talent already rib one another all the fucking time and now they have to worry about it being televised. It also exposes the damn bidness, showing heels and faces mingling like buddies which could scar young children. Also just a shitload of stress added onto an already stressful job/backstage nonsense.

Meltzer says the actual point of the women's segment with Miz on Monday was to tease tension between PCB. It failed, but they did reiterate that with a promo on SD where the Bellas tried to get Charlotte and Becky to break from the team. I could see them fast-forwarding that to get out of the team angle, and have them split.

Meltzer says a lot of dumb stuff, though. I listened to him and Bryan talk about the Divas stuff, and then Bryan and Vinny talk about the Divas stuff, and all three of them are missing the point on a lot of it. Particularly when they were ragging on Charlotte for saying the Horsemen were dominant in WWE and acted like either Charlotte was so stupid she didn't know they weren't a WWE stable, or she just messed up In almost all cases in the past decade (except for Sting), WWE is the catch all for all wrestling history (that WWE owns). It doesn't mean just WWE on WWE television. It hasn't for a long time. Since around they time they brought back the HOF and started saying guys like Verne Gagne, Bill Watts, and Antonio Inoki were all time WWE greats.

They're just finding reasons to hate on it all, down to minute stuff like the names of the teams. The idea that Dave Meltzer doesn't see that WWE has to completely reeducate the Raw audience (which is not the NXT audience) on what women's wrestling is and can be is silly. It took almost a year to establish legit women's wrestling in NXT in the same building with the same fans at each show. Meltzer knows better than to think that will transfer over to Raw without having to do any of the work. If fans aren't buying into the idea of the ring work being something better than what they've seen in the past decade, the character work will not matter at all.

Zach

Man, that Brooklyn crowd loooved Enzo.

And how dumb is Vince McMahon for not having these NXT girls come in and dominate in WWE? It's just incredible to me. They have a bunch of Paul Romas ruling the division, despite having Flair, Steamboat, Savage and Rude under contract.

Holy Crap. Here is slow motion of Sasha Taking the reverse rana. She did not take it safe at all. This move is not happening again. This explains why she barely worked Sunday and did not wrestle Monday.

https://instagram.com/p/6uoiC1ICH6/

Yeah, Boots and I talked about this one. She took it from the second rope instead of the top, which basically means she had to rotate faster and had much less clearance on it. It's a freaking miracle she didn't spike herself.

In other news, JESUS CHRIST THAT POP FOR ENZO AND CASS

Edit: OH MY GOD SHE DID ANYWAY, FUUUUCK

Meltzer says a lot of dumb stuff, though. I listened to him and Bryan talk about the Divas stuff, and then Bryan and Vinny talk about the Divas stuff, and all three of them are missing the point on a lot of it. Particularly when they were ragging on Charlotte for saying the Horsemen were dominant in WWE and acted like either Charlotte was so stupid she didn't know they weren't a WWE stable, or she just messed up In almost all cases in the past decade (except for Sting), WWE is the catch all for all wrestling history (that WWE owns). It doesn't mean just WWE on WWE television. It hasn't for a long time. Since around they time they brought back the HOF and started saying guys like Verne Gagne, Bill Watts, and Antonio Inoki were all time WWE greats.

They're just finding reasons to hate on it all, down to minute stuff like the names of the teams. The idea that Dave Meltzer doesn't see that WWE has to completely reeducate the Raw audience (which is not the NXT audience) on what women's wrestling is and can be is silly. It took almost a year to establish legit women's wrestling in NXT in the same building with the same fans at each show. Meltzer knows better than to think that will transfer over to Raw without having to do any of the work. If fans aren't buying into the idea of the ring work being something better than what they've seen in the past decade, the character work will not matter at all.

Yea I can't stand Alvarez. He finds reasons to complain, and there is no need because there is plenty without nitpicking. Plus his voice is too annoying to listen to for a radio personality. Meltzer is fine though.
I prefer Live Audio Wrestling

All that may or may not be the case, but him saying the point was to tease tension wasn't his opinion. It was what he was told the segment was supposed to convey, which makes sense given the SD promo.

Also, in NXT, they didn't go around telling everyone every week that the women were in a "revolution". They just booked them really well and put them in top spots, and they got over.

Ithil

WWE are handing everyone reasons to hate it. Look at the crowd reaction to that segment and match. They're failing to "change" anything because of how awful the set-up is.
Just because they need to re-educate the fans doesn't mean the way they're going about it is the right way.

Top Bottom