• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Friends, I'm feeling great today and I genuinely think it's because I've soaked up all the Power of Positivity that radiated from the New Day this weekend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mmmm... I should have some Taco Bell.

NeoGAF Vince! I texted my friend "What if I told you Rick Steiner is going to be in walking distance from your home next month?" Minutes later she called me between kids (she's a speech path) and said she was about to cry she was so excited. Haha... What a weirdo.

So yeah, I think we're going.

That's fantastic. They say there's someone for everyone. I guess the ol' Dogeface Gramlin has that one.

ffs, i feel like i'm on a list now

This isn't fun or playful.

A list? Tina is a grown ass woman in her 20s. This ain't no pedo shit.

CNaizlKWIAAyEZm.jpg

"A seen on the Estuary Channel."

What the hell is the Estuar Channel?

Edit: I thought it said "As seen on the Estuary Channel," but it actually says "A seen on the Estuary Channel"!

Skikkiks

Don't know if this has been posted but Meltzer said on the lastest Observer Radio that there are plans for Eva Marie to be the next person in line to challenge for the NXT title.

This can only end horribly for everyone.

Zach

That's fantastic. They say there's someone for everyone. I guess the ol' Dogeface Gramlin has that one.

Just hoping Rick can still throw a decent Steinerline and do that crouching body slam suplex thing.

I'm probably gonna be disappointed.

Don't know if this has been posted but Meltzer said on the lastest Observer Radio that there are plans for Eva Marie to be the next person in line to challenge for the NXT title.

Gross.

MC Safety

I think we can all agree she's earned it.

I can envision the WWE braintrust believing Nikki vs. Eva would make a great Wrestlemania match.

Seems like a perfect character for Bayley to be up against, tbh. Plays into both characters. Matches likely won't be so hot, but it isn't always about the matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a perfect character for Bayley to be up against, tbh. Plays into both characters. Matches likely won't be so hot, but it isn't always about the matches.

Ding-a-ling, I don't mind the idea of that feud at all. Eva Marie is gonna leverage that hate to an amazing degree.

klonere

Banned

ITs going to be sad when Bayley survived that scary top rope hurricanrana botch just to die in a match vs Eva Marie

I can envision the WWE braintrust believing Nikki vs. Eva would make a great Wrestlemania match.
So that's their cunning plan to get people to care about Nikki again! Most shocking news is that she'd actually be having a title defense.
page 3 of the R.Mika thread and still no post about sexualization and being triggered, they're late
*Shrug*
The ass-to-face-to-ass tag team finisher is pretty cheesy but beyond that I don't see much anyone could complain about. Actually comes across as being quite powerful. It's very reserved physics compared to other fighting games, and she doesn't seem to at all be outside the bounds of exaggerated physical features and silly outfits as any of the other characters (male and female alike). Even with my dreaded SJW Hat™ there's nothing going on here.

jett

D-Member
Watched one of those Wrestlemania Rewind things (Rock vs Stone Cold), it was pretty great. Aside from this show and Swerved(which I surprisingly really enjoyed), any other awesome behind the scenes and/or documentary-style shows/specials on WWE?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watched one of those Wrestlemania Rewind things (Rock vs Stone Cold), it was pretty great. Aside from this show and Swerved(which I surprisingly really enjoyed), any other awesome behind the scenes and/or documentary-style shows/specials on WWE?

Daniel Bryan's Road to Wrestlemania show was good, and Swerved is dope as you have said. I enjoyed the Legends of Wrestling Roundtables and the episode of Table for 3, if you like talky stuff.

I do recommend honestly a lot of their original programming that is wrestler-centric, and I liked the Wrestlemania Rewind series a bunch.

Both of Batista's docs on their Originals were good. I recommend watching the older one first, as the newer one only focuses on new shit.

Zach

I agree that Eva Marie would be the perfect opponent for Bayley if only should wrestle a lick. She is terrible and everything about her matches feels scripted and fake and horrible. Ugh.

Why not go with Dana? She's at least better than Eva Marie. And she's what I expect from developmental, someone new trying to improve. My understanding is that Eva Maria has been around for a long time and from what I've seen, appears to be bottom-of-the-barrel bad.

I agree that Eva Marie would be the perfect opponent for Bayley if only should wrestle a lick. She is terrible and everything about her matches feels scripted and fake and horrible. Ugh.

Why not go with Dana? She's at least better than Eva Marie. And she's what I expect from developmental, someone new trying to improve. My understanding is that Eva Maria has been around for a long time and from what I've seen, appears to be bottom-of-the-barrel bad.

I believe Eva only wrestled about 50 matches (most of which were on house shows) over the past 2 years, and her TV matches were just used for footage for Total Divas. They weren't really about being good or bad. There is a good chance that all this is going to end up with Bayley/other NXT women showing up on Total Divas and getting popular with a new audience.

I see a lot of upside to all of this feud, even if the matches won't be Sasha/Bayley level. It's also probably going to be used to introduce Nia Jax as a dominate monster heel in the women's division, which sounds cool to me.

jmdajr

I agree this could be a great rivalry. But this match is gonna be not bueno.

Fox318

If NJPW and WWE have a relationship, can we get the WCW/NJPW Shows on the network.

Also when world's colldie

Vince would never work withanyone.

If NJPW ever has a relationship with anyone its NXT. HHH, Ryan Ward, and Regal would set up that realtionship in a heartbeat but Vince is still set in that mindset of I have to put Jim Crockett and Vern Gagne out of wrestling. Why do you think they are copying so many of the ROH shit.

The WWE war on ROH started when that Kevin Steen figure came out and I'm sure that the only 2 people who Vince will bend down like a bitch to are NBC and Mattel.

Cagey

Banned

If NJPW ever has a relationship with anyone its NXT. HHH, Ryan Ward, and Regal would set up that realtionship in a heartbeat but Vince is still set in that mindset of I have to put Jim Crockett and Vern Gagne out of wrestling. Why do you think they are copying so many of the ROH shit.

The WWE war on ROH started when that Kevin Steen figure came out and I'm sure that the only 2 people who Vince will bend down like a bitch to are NBC and Mattel.
You don't bow down to those who are way beneath but you do to those way above.

And that's the exact mindset that's been killing this company since WCW went to the shitter.

Wrestling, especially on the national level, has always been about characters and stories first. Matches are important, but not as important as character and story. If anything, WWE needs to focus much more on story and character. Having great matches only gets someone so far.

Vince has worked with a ton of companies. NJPW/AJPW in the 80s, Tenryu's promotions/SMW/ECW/AAA/USWA in the 90s. He even made that deal to loan Christian to TNA for a night. WWE/Vince McMahon will work with anyone of it makes sense for what they want to do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
is that a gif of Cena GIVING UP?

Nope, it's a jiff of Cena failing a power clean. He's only giving up if he stops doing power cleans, and that didn't happen.

R. Mika is bringing back The Booty Eating Renaissance™, Sunny!

none of the fools who want R Mika around would be adventurous enough nor be in the position to eat someone's booty.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wrestling, especially on the national level, has always been about characters and stories first. Matches are important, but not as important as character and story. If anything, WWE needs to focus much more on story and character. Having great matches only gets someone so far.

The problem with this is that Eva can't wrestle nor does she have any character. Unless "awful meme that gets go-away heat" is what counts as character these days.

I hope the guy they pick to get destroyed by Bork at MSG is Alex Riley. I don't know what it is about that guy but I can't stand him, would pay 9.99 to see him get Bork'd.

Top Bottom