• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

klonere

Banned
Between all this random Bayley hate all of a sudden and the one man anti Becky band that imbask is I'm not feeling the power of positivity I'm here

The problem with this is that Eva can't wrestle nor does she have any character. Unless "awful meme that gets go-away heat" is what counts as character these days.

Sometimes it does, yes. Eva has been training for a while. She's only had two matches on NXT that anyone has seen. No one really knows how much she has or hasn't improved. She might surprise you. Or she might give you more reason to hate her, which is really what WWE is using her for. The more people hate on her so violently, the better her story on Total Divas gets, and the more face heat someone gets for beating her. It sounds like a win-win for everyone except people who only care about match quality, and if that's the case, there are a whole lot of companies that are easily accessed with great wrestling.

What I see is an angle that furthers the Eva and Bayley characters, has no worries about the proper reactions for face and heel, will be heated affairs, and also does good work for Total Divas, all while using NXT for its purpose: teaching people how to be better wrestlers. It's developmental. People need it to be given ring/tv time to develop. Otherwise they'll stay terrible forever. You might as well just get rid of NXT if you aren't going to use it as a platform to allow people to improve.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Not to mention a butt window :/

jayzyikes.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Don't know if this has been posted but Meltzer said on the lastest Observer Radio that there are plans for Eva Marie to be the next person in line to challenge for the NXT title.

This can only end horribly for everyone.

Eva Marie needs to learn how to play up and feed the heat she's getting, she's one of the very few people who gets REAL heat anymore.

I am assuming this is why they want to set up Eva vs Bayley. No one else will get that nuclear level heat Eva will.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's always easy to forget now grounded discussion here is as compared to a topic involving a woman in a video game. I appreciate all of you.

klonere

Banned
Sometimes it does, yes. Eva has been training for a while. She's only had two matches on NXT that anyone has seen. No one really knows how much she has or hasn't improved. She might surprise you. Or she might give you more reason to hate her, which is really what WWE is using her for. The more people hate on her so violently, the better her story on Total Divas gets, and the more face heat someone gets for beating her. It sounds like a win-win for everyone except people who only care about match quality, and if that's the case, there are a whole lot of companies that are easily accessed with great wrestling.

What I see is an angle that furthers the Eva and Bayley characters, has no worries about the proper reactions for face and heel, will be heated affairs, and also does good work for Total Divas, all while using NXT for its purpose: teaching people how to be better wrestlers. It's developmental. People need it to be given ring/tv time to develop. Otherwise they'll stay terrible forever. You might as well just get rid of NXT if you aren't going to use it as a platform to allow people to improve.

Eva is going to get heat and Eva is going to be a great foil to Bayley but at the end of the day, a wrestling match must be had. NXT definitely is a proving ground, a place to grow for new talent in the WWE but Eva is starting from such a low baseline of ability that if she were really in NXT, we wouldn't be seeing her for another 6+ months at least. Because while NXT is where you learn, once you hit NXT TV there is a certain level of competence in the ring garnered from however many months you spent training in the Performance Center. NXT TV is for starting to get your character in shape and learning how to perform in front of an audience. It is not for having slow, "business exposing", telegraphed matches in front of a crowd that is going to massacre you for that fact.

For me, personally, I loved when Eva came out at first and really was annoyed at the hostile reception she got from Full Sail because by god, she was down there to improve and by god, she's trying! But after seeing all her in ring stuff since....its not compelling TV. She's not even good enough to give a chance, to watch her get better because again, her baseline ability is just not high enough to be on TV. There is little reason for me to tune in and watch an Eva Marie match or feud because I know in the end, the match itself will more than likely not be worth watching and there is zero believability in the feud. Of course, Bayley could totally carry her through a match or they could set it up as a tag with this new Nia Jax character but man am I not looking forward to this.

You wanna talk about not being able to believe in Balor vs Brock? How about so green she failed to kick out of a pin in a singles match Eva taking on a woman who just had a landmark women's match for the WWE.

Oh my fucking god there's entire essays worth of shit in here about Eva Marie and other nonsense now

brisk tacos is our jeff_rigby, except instead of dropping a huge infodump on people, he just buries us in complete nonsense

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oh my fucking god there's entire essays worth of shit in here about Eva Marie and other nonsense now

brisk tacos is our jeff_rigby, except instead of dropping a huge infodump on people, he just buries us in complete nonsense

I can't wait for the 16-page thesis on why a Colin Delaney/Big Show feud would've sent the WWE into a new boom period.

imBask

Banned
alright alright, when I talk about a "SJW shitfest" i'm talking about a bunch of passive agressive people yelling at eachothers about sexualization, what Sunny is doing is fine, he's trying real hard to keep it calm and I mostly agree with what he's saying

calm down, let's get back to hating bad divas and stardust

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT London's a TakeOver? Good, not as bothered about not going now :p

Hey Boots. What if I challenged you to a Top Ten (not Fave Five, but Top Ten) of current WWE talent? I'm curious who you like most.

Zach

Eva is going to get heat and Eva is going to be a great foil to Bayley but at the end of the day, a wrestling match must be had. NXT definitely is a proving ground, a place to grow for new talent in the WWE but Eva is starting from such a low baseline of ability that if she were really in NXT, we wouldn't be seeing her for another 6+ months at least. Because while NXT is where you learn, once you hit NXT TV there is a certain level of competence in the ring garnered from however many months you spent training in the Performance Center. NXT TV is for starting to get your character in shape and learning how to perform in front of an audience. It is not for having slow, "business exposing", telegraphed matches in front of a crowd that is going to massacre you for that fact.

For me, personally, I loved when Eva came out at first and really was annoyed at the hostile reception she got from Full Sail because by god, she was down there to improve and by god, she's trying! But after seeing all her in ring stuff since....its not compelling TV. She's not even good enough to give a chance, to watch her get better because again, her baseline ability is just not high enough to be on TV. There is little reason for me to tune in and watch an Eva Marie match or feud because I know in the end, the match itself will more than likely not be worth watching and there is zero believability in the feud. Of course, Bayley could totally carry her through a match or they could set it up as a tag with this new Nia Jax character but man am I not looking forward to this.

You wanna talk about not being able to believe in Balor vs Brock? How about so green she failed to kick out of a pin in a singles match Eva taking on a woman who just had a landmark women's match for the WWE.

Quality post.

Sephzilla

the boobs-window is kinda dumb and debatable, but I just don't care enough to argue with people about it

Yeah its debatable, but boob windows are basically a staple of women's wrestling (in america, at least) so its one thing I at least chalk up to authenticity.

Hey Boots. What if I challenged you to a Top Ten (not Fave Five, but Top Ten) of current WWE talent? I'm curious who you like most.

NXT included? I'll bite;

10. Bayley
09. Adrian Neville
08. Sheamus
07. Dean Ambrose
06. Sasha Banks
05. Finn Balor
04. Randy Orton
03. Big E Langston
02. Seth Rollins
01. Antonio Cesaro

Also really like Simon Gotch, dude's improving a lot.

Just because they're both NATURAL redheads doesn't mean it's cool to confuse eva marie with becky lynch, BROTHER.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do we know that Kevin Dunn is actually a sex fiend or is this just another thing we want to pile onto the ultimate WWE scapegoat

Raw64life

Do we know that Kevin Dunn is actually a sex fiend or is this just another thing we want to pile onto the ultimate WWE scapegoat

To this day, you can literally not find a single instance of someone saying nice about Kevin Dunn. Not one comment on a podcast, not one shoot interview, not one social media post, not one internet forum post. Literally nothing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NXT included? I'll bite;

10. Bayley
09. Adrian Neville
08. Sheamus
07. Dean Ambrose
06. Sasha Banks
05. Finn Balor
04. Randy Orton
03. Big E Langston
02. Seth Rollins
01. Antonio Cesaro

Also really like Simon Gotch, dude's improving a lot.

Agree with Gotch, he really surprised the shit out of me at Takeover and I loved it. Good to see ol' Orton up there. He's really great. And Big E is a hoss, so he gets Hoss Points. I like that Rollins is at the top, and Cesaro's always good.

Interesting list. I wonder how dire it would be if NXT wasn't included? How low would you dip?

"Jey Uso at #8"
"Fandango at #10"

To this day, you can literally not find a single instance of someone saying nice about Kevin Dunn. Not one comment on a podcast, not one shoot interview, not one social media post, not one internet forum post. Literally nothing.

Hey guys, Kevin Dunn is alright.

I do not know who he is.

Top Bottom