• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Can't put promos for secondary characters on TV because you need to give Rollins 25 minutes to say nothing at the start of every Raw.

Zach

In preparation for The Phantom Pain, I'm playing Snake Eater again. Just beat The End last night; coming up on The Ladder. Best game ever, right, guys?

DMczaf

In preparation for The Phantom Pain, I'm playing Snake Eater again. Just beat The End last night; coming up on The Ladder. Best game ever, right, guys?

It's not my best game ever, but I respect anyone's opinion who says it's their best game ever.

Possibly best ending ever for a video game as well.

MGS4 tho? Fuck that game. Fuck everything about it.

Cagey

Banned
Can't put promos for secondary characters on TV because you need to give Rollins 25 minutes to say nothing at the start of every Raw.

Forgettable WWE championship reign, pedigrees, 20 minutes of talking every week with nothing said, the giant nose...

Reminds me of a man.

350x700px-LL-60d6783a_rhao6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not my best game ever, but I respect anyone's opinion who says it's their best game ever.

Possibly best ending ever for a video game as well.

MGS4 tho? Fuck that game. Fuck everything about it.

It's neat. I like MGS3 most out of all of them. MGS4 is the worst toilet game of all Metal Gear Solids.

Sephzilla

MGS1 > MGS3 > MGR > MGS4 > MGS2

MGS4 at least had the common courtesy to retcon the dumb-as-fuck-even-by-Metal-Gear-standards "Liquid takes over Ocelot through a fucking arm graph" shit from MGS2

In other "me catching up on dope things very late" news after LU, finished Episode 2 of Life is Strange recently, that's a hell of a game. Playing it "co-op" on the couch with the other half, nice to share something like that. Final few minutes had me legit shook.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In other "me catching up on dope things very late" news after LU, finished Episode 2 of Life is Strange recently, that's a hell of a game. Playing it "co-op" on the couch with the other half, nice to share something like that. Final few minutes had me legit shook.

Oh man. OH MAN. KEEEEEEP PLAYING. So goddamned good.

Its my favorite of the series I think, It just gave me feelings I have never had before in a game.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

MGS4 at least had the common courtesy to retcon the dumb-as-fuck-even-by-Metal-Gear-standards "Liquid takes over Ocelot through a fucking arm graph" shit from MGS2

That wasn't a retcon. Ocelot had Liquid's arm taken off and replaced with a prosthetic and continued the charade.

Kornflayx

My god what a Paul Heyman promo. When Brock Lesnar is giggling like a little schoolgirl with anticipation for SummerSlam, you have delivered a home fucking run

Sephzilla

Heyman's promo was fucking epic. Even though it's completely unnecessary, I'm hyped for Taker/Brock because they've done an ace job of building it up. This is the build up their WM30 match should have had.

Heyman's promo was fucking epic. Even though it's completely unnecessary, I'm hyped for Taker/Brock because they've done an ace job of building it up. This is the build up their WM30 match should have had.

Im just glad WWE has allowed him to be on TV for the last couple years, they have been so enjoyable. To see someone attain mastery level, is really special.

Sephzilla

Im just glad WWE has allowed him to be on TV for the last couple years, they have been so enjoyable. To see someone attain mastery level, is really special.

Going into "dream match" territory, I think 2015 Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs WrestleMania 3 era Andre The Giant w/ Bobby Heenan would be a GOAT feud. The promos Heyman and Heenan would throw at each other would be amazing.

I don't think it would have been possible then - I don't recall Brock getting the kind of reaction he does now back then, and although I had just started watching at that point, I wasn't really interested in him. I knew he had a match with the Big Show before that, and that sounded boring, and the Undertaker looked bad (still does) and the match was kind of crappy. The ending of the streak didn't have much impact on me - it was the Summerslam match where I got interested in Brock and he's been the main attraction for me since then.

Which is why I really don't want the Undertaker to beat him. Not a squash match, it's fine to do the whole megamen colliding thing, but I want Brock to come out on top. That's cos Undertaker isn't that entertaining to me in his advanced age, and having Brock lose would knock him down on the perch he has been on since Summerslam which I only want to happen after a build up with a young guy, and have that make the young guy, whoever it might be.

I don't think it's time to take Brock down yet, and he should be on a title reign when he does lose clean. Also, keep in mind Brock hasn't actually won a match since the Rumble (unless you count Kofi), because Seth has ran shenanigans on him. I want to see Brock get that 1-2-3 again, man.

I know he just does Germans but I don't even care. He provides that adrenaline rush which is what watching wrestling is all about. If Undertaker beats him, that'll be a real bummer.

Does anybody here want Undertaker to win?

Sephzilla

I don't think it would have been possible then - I don't recall Brock getting the kind of reaction he does now back then, and although I had just started watching at that point, I wasn't really interested in him. I knew he had a match with the Big Show before that, and that sounded boring, and the Undertaker looked bad (still does) and the match was kind of crappy. The ending of the streak didn't have much impact on me - it was the Summerslam match where I got interested in Brock and he's been the main attraction for me since then.

Which is why I really don't want the Undertaker to beat him. Not a squash match, it's fine to do the whole megamen colliding thing, but I want Brock to come out on top. That's cos Undertaker isn't that entertaining to me in his advanced age, and having Brock lose would knock him down on the perch he has been on since Summerslam which I only want to happen after a build up with a young guy, and have that make the young guy, whoever it might be.

I don't think it's time to take Brock down yet, and he should be on a title reign when he does lose clean. Also, keep in mind Brock hasn't actually won a match since the Rumble (unless you count Kofi), because Seth has ran shenanigans on him. I want to see Brock get that 1-2-3 again, man.

I know he just does Germans but I don't even care. He provides that adrenaline rush which is what watching wrestling is all about. If Undertaker beats him, that'll be a real bummer.

Does anybody here want Undertaker to win?

I don't care who wins, so long as this feud keeps being entertaining.

klonere

Banned
Friends, no matter how hard HHH or Vince may try, they will never be able to bury someone so convincingly as Drake has buried Meek.

My god, that man had a family.

Zach

Right now I'm feeling:

MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS > MG2 > MGSPW > MGS4 > MGR > MG

But the only one I don't like enough to play again is Metal Gear.

Top Bottom