• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Sephzilla

Real real OGs pulled out Virtual Pro Wrestling.

BADA BOOM REALEST GUY IN THE ROOM

tumblr_nby90nRXRL1shsq9jo4_400.gif

Dazzler

Going to the house show in Vancouver this weekend, friends.

Any idea where I can find a card for the event? Or even a list of superstars? The "featured superstars" on the WWE website lists around seven performers, one of which is Ziggler, so I'd imagine it's woefully out of date

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm so down for Killer Instinct Season 3 though. It's amazing that I've barely touched MKX since launch, but KI is probably my most played game of the generation.

Going to the house show in Vancouver this weekend, friends.

Any idea where I can find a card for the event? Or even a list of superstars? The "featured superstars" on the WWE website lists around seven performers, one of which is Ziggler, so I'd imagine it's woefully out of date

The "Featured Superstars" is probably the best you're going to get beyond maybe a radio ad or two telling you what the main event is...

Cagey

Banned
I sent Bloodborne packing to GameFly after 30 minutes of playing time and the next game in my queue is the Final Fantasy X PS4 Remaster of the PS3 Remaster of the PS2 game.

I'm excited to play it again.

I own the PS3 Remaster and beat it last year.

I'm what's wrong with gaming.

miserable

I'm so down for Killer Instinct Season 3 though. It's amazing that I've barely touched MKX since launch, but KI is probably my most played game of the generation.

me too, can't wait. i'll finally be able to play with my friend who is a big KI fan but he doesn't have an Xbone (finger crossed for good cross-platform netplay)

jred2k

20150803_LARGE_RAW_Tribute.jpg

Dana Brooke is already in Raw dark matches? She still needs a lot of time in NXT to be any where near the main roster. In-ring aside, her cadence in promos is abysmal.

Sephzilla

me too, can't wait. i'll finally be able to play with my friend who is a big KI fan but he doesn't have an Xbone (finger crossed for good cross-platform netplay)

I'm surprised how little I've played MKX. I loved the shit out of MK9 and Injustice.

I find it odd how WWE doesn't ever put up guys with cool movesets like Neville up for titles or top runs. He's tiny yeah, but with a guy as flippy and hyperactive as he is, I think it'd be believable he could outmaneuver and strike against much bigger guys. They should look for more qualities in top guys than 'is big and looks good'. If WWE was a fighting game, Neville would be one of the best characters to play as.

I find it odd how WWE doesn't ever put up guys with cool movesets like Neville up for titles or top runs. He's tiny yeah, but with a guy as flippy and hyperactive as he is, I think it'd be believable he could outmaneuver and strike against much bigger guys. They should look for more qualities in top guys than 'is big and looks good'. If WWE was a fighting game, Neville would be one of the best characters to play as.

Well Neville could use some more practice on the mic.

Kaladin

We won't see any workhorse type champs with the main title for a while after CM Punk.

I'm surprised how little I've played MKX. I loved the shit out of MK9 and Injustice.

MKX is kind of a mess. I don't know why they put run cancels into the game but it adds a layer of execution that I don't feel like doing. A lot of variations to the guys are really undercooked too. I also bought the shit PC version. I like the game but I'm pretty much done with it unless I really decide to try and get into it next year, which will require buying it again on console if I want any hope of ever playing on its garbo netcode. I'm glad they brought MK to a new place that's separate from the 90s storylines but I'm still not 100% sold.

KI on the other hand is streamlined and buttery smooth~

Kaladin

Emma is a mediocre wrestler with a fun gimmick in the dancing bit.

Take away the dancing bit and she's a mediocre wrestler who doesn't work as a heel.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Emma is a mediocre wrestler with a fun gimmick in the dancing bit.

Take away the dancing bit and she's a mediocre wrestler who doesn't work as a heel.

Who's a great wrestler?

I've noticed a pattern with NXT where anyone who's been there for a while is suddenly 'average' and anyone newer is the hot stuff until someone even newer comes along and then said 'great' wrestler seems to be mediocre all the sudden around here.

Kaladin

Who's a great wrestler?

I've noticed a pattern with NXT where anyone who's been there for a while is suddenly 'average' and anyone newer is the hot stuff until someone even newer comes along and then said 'great' wrestler seems to be mediocre all the sudden around here.

I still like Paige in the ring, she just hasn't had quality opponents on the main roster.

Sephzilla

Who's a great wrestler?

This feels like some kind of goalpost shifting.

After she lost her bubbly ditz gimmick Emma got exposed fast. She has nothing else. She has no ring presence. She doesn't have good matches. Dana Fucking Brooke showed up and at least has competent matches and has a hell of a lot more presence than Emma does. Emma's idea of being a heel is standing around looking half asleep at ringside. When even Eva Marie looks more impressive than you, there's a problem.

By your logic we have started calling Sami Zayn, Bayley, Tyler Breeze, and Sasha Banks all mediocre a while ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This feels like some kind of goalpost shifting.

After she lost her bubbly ditz gimmick Emma got exposed fast. She has nothing else. She has no ring presence. She doesn't have good matches. Dana Fucking Brooke showed up and at least has competent matches and has a hell of a lot more presence than Emma does. Emma's idea of being a heel is standing around looking half asleep at ringside. When even Eva Marie looks more impressive than you, there's a problem.

By your logic we have started calling Sami Zayn, Bayley, Tyler Breeze, and Sasha Banks all mediocre a while ago.

What ring presence does Dana Brooke have beyond doing her taunt?

Considering barely anyone talks about Tyler Breeze or Bayley anymore, I would say yes. That is exactly what happened. Zayn's been out with an injury and hasn't been involved in anything major sense then so there's no reason you would talk about him one way or the other. When he comes back he'll suddenly be 'new' again to everyone and you'll talk about how 'fucking boring Finn is and Zayn should have the title instead' or 'Uhaa is way more impressive. Give him the title'

Kaladin

Hated the chain grappling system in last year's game.

HATED.

If they're putting that across more of the controls, I might have to pass.

Also....fuck the re-working of the reversal system.

This year, two huge changes to how reversals work may actually solve the issue once and for all. You start each match with a limited stock of reversals. Once you use one, it will slowly regenerate over time, meaning that if you try to counter every move thrown your way, you'll be out in no time flat, leaving you completely vulnerable until one regenerates. What's more, you can now pass on your initial chance to reverse a move at its startup, and instead attempt a mosre difficult to time "major" reversal mid-move. It will cost you two reversal stocks, but the effects can be match-changing, debuffing your opponent in a variety of possible ways and giving you time to really turn things around.

Reversals should be skill based between timing the button press and knowing where in the move to do the reversal.

They get the second part wrong, and the reversal timing needed to be varied through different parts of the moves instead of at the beginning for all of them.

I don't like having a set # of reversals, and then still having to get it right. That sounds backwards.

Oh, everyone says reversals are too easy? Better limit how many reversals you can do instead of implementing a system that requires some skill.

Congrats man! So what are you going to do with all the money you would've spent? Something irresponsible I hope.

Thanks friend. I gotta be smart and budget for food and essentials mostly.

Sephzilla

Considering barely anyone talks about Tyler Breeze or Bayley anymore, I would say yes. That is exactly what happened. Zayn's been out with an injury and hasn't been involved in anything major sense then so there's no reason you would talk about him one way or the other. When he comes back he'll suddenly be 'new' again to everyone and you'll talk about how 'fucking boring Finn is and Zayn should have the title instead' or 'Uhaa is way more impressive. Give him the title'

15453%20-%20Raw%20alberto_del_rio%20cm_punk%20dolph_ziggler%20facepalm%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20laughing%20mick_foley%20microphone%20referee%20smiling%20stephanie_mcmahon%20suit%20wwe.gif

Sephzilla

I legitimately can't tell if you are gimmick posting or if you're really that bitter about NXT/WWE. You act like HHH and Vince personally shit in your cheerios and anytime something other than WWE manages to do something that doesn't equate to fucking up, you act like it's the next big thing to happen to professional wrestling.

I like how this new reversal system is probably their way of dealing with their shit online, as lag played a huge role in the timing and prompts being botched by the player. Why not just get a better netcode? The online for these games have been so shit.

Top Bottom