• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

This is the group the internet wanted to be a no nonsense black militant heel faction.

Seriously.

They're perfectly cast right now.

bit longer version

bUc36Wc.gif

lupin23rd

Saw this pop up on Twitter earlier, wonder who it is was.

"@ScanBC: #Victoria Police are responding to Save On Foods Memorial Centre after a person assaulted a WWE wrestler."

Reminder that not only does Jericho say constantly he loves doing house shows more than the TV shows for exactly this reason, but Batista flatout said he won't come back for anything that isn't house shows for exactly this reason

Wait really? That seems like an insane thing for him to say, wouldn't Vince take that as a massive slight?

Huh, I went from having zero interest in Ascension to actually enjoying Viktor. This stuff is actually a benefit to WWE!

Gonzalez

Banned
I was thinking of something. Wouldn't it be awesome if Tyler Breeze beat Liger at Takeover, then challenges Kushida for the IWGP Junior Title, and wins it? This would then set up a feud between New Japan's Juniors Vs. WWE's Juniors. Which ultimately culminates in the creation of the new WWE Junior Championship, with Adrian Neville as the lead Junior.

Naaaaahh... HHH would just find a way to Pedigree them all.

klonere

Banned
EricvanWagenen said:
The morning of the Trios finals, Ivie was practicing some moves in the ring and broke her foot. Word got to DJ and I that she was hurt and that we may have to change the outcome of the match. I went to talk to her and of course she no-sold it saying “it’s just a slight sprain, no big deal” She went out and wrestled a 25 minute match, taking bumps and dives off the ropes, all with a broken foot. If not for her, Angelico never gets that high spot off the office and the season is a lot different. I absolutely love Ivie, and if I didn’t say that she’d kick my ass.

ONE TOUGH SOB

Gonzalez

Banned
Yujiro might have just had the MOTN a little while ago. Real shocking, considering his other performances.

Gedo really did a helluva job booking that match.

Edit: That Goto Vs. Ishii match... WOW! I think that might have been the match of the tournament.

Great night of wrestling, and a must see show.

RP912

Banned
So I tried to watch NXT this morning and holy shit. It felt like I haven't missed a thing. Nothing changed and it seems like the promotion got WWE'd, especially the merchandise. Corbin is still squashing jobbers without no type of end game, the kliq 2.0 still swapping matches, and why Somoa Joe still in the company? Plus the crowd is still on a shitty side. I tried...but I seriously see this shit not lasting long.

somedevil

Well this is crazy. A fan attacked happened at a house show in Victoria BC:

Roman Reigns injured by a fan who threw a home made "money in the bank" briefcase at him from ringside seat.
Corner of briefcase hit Roman square in the back/neck and head, and stunned him while security intervened.
Reigns was briefly injured by it and ref and security ran into the seats to assist in subduing the assailants.

Here is some video after the briefcase was thrown. Bray looked pissed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEENDrPIw4

Gonzalez

Banned
Vince: Are you okay, son?

Roman: Nah Vince, it hurts real bad.

Vince: So you're really hurt?

Roman: Yeah...

Vince: Well that's too bad.

*Pats Roman on the back, and walks off.*

Roman: Wait, what?!

*Stares at Vince walking away, then turns his head to see Ziggler*

Ziggler: Welcome to the club.

Gonzalez

Banned
Shane fucking sucked. I can never believe people actually miss him.
Dude sacrificed his body for our sport by continuously taking insane fucking stunts, and getting up every time to do it again. Compare that to a wrestler today who gets hit in the back with a Samsonite, while wearing a bullet proof vest, and can barely finish the match. Back in Shane's day, he would have got up, jumped off the score board, finish the match, and then walked to the back to beat the fan half to death with his patented Shane'O Mac combo without having to call the police.

RP912

Banned
Shane fucking sucked. I can never believe people actually miss him.

Dude was really down for professional wrestling though. He did spots some wrestlers wouldn't dare to touch and he had some quality matches *Shane/Kane and Shane/Angle*. Compared to his sister and father, dude was pretty legit in the ring. Shame he couldn't have demonstrated his ideas on another level. Shane would have put asses into seats like it's the 90s all over again.

But...you know....carnies and politics.

KingBroly

Banned
In high school, we had a fundraiser and the lady told us she went to high school with Shane, and that everything he said on TV about him being the best at everything was 100% legitimate.

I miss his theme song.

EDIT:
Also that dumbass fan posted that he'd do it on 4chan.

LycanXIII

Soul Calibur Hot Dog Mayo Punishment with Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert — Gamer Gauntlet

This week's Gamer Gauntlet is a special episode. Instead of playing backstage at arenas with fellow WWE Superstars, Austin Creed challenges his Internet nemesis, Giant Bomb's Dan Ryckert, at the home of Kinda Funny and Kinda Funny Games. The contest? First to three wins in Soul Calibur's team battle mode. The punishment? The loser must eat a hot dog lathered in mayonnaise. Special cameos by Kinda Funny's Greg Miller and Colin Moriarty.

In Gamer Gauntlet, Austin Creed and friends challenge each other every Sunday for more than gaming bragging rights, as winners get to brandish the gamer gauntlet itself: an LED-lit power glove.

dream

Bray Wyatt is fucking terrible. So he stops wrestling to watch the fan get ejected, then walks over to the corner to have a good ass conversation with his buddy, the guy who is supposed to be his mortal enemy. Then all of a sudden he starts beating him with the kendo stick. Way to expose the product to the kids in the audience.

Top Bottom