• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

I'm convinced that Okada got the best dropkick in wrestling nowadays.

I spend way too much time thinking about this, but yes, I concur - the perfect dropkick has five components: height, power, placement, rotation & consistency. Okada nails 4/5 every time, only his rotation is lacking - compare it to someone like Naito or AJ, neither get as much height or have such perfect placement, but their rotation is much better. I'd say Okada's is the best, but AJ, Naito, Ibushi, Haste & Sydal are up there with him for sure.

Savitar

1990 is basically peak juicing, so that number isn't that bad. It was also a quarter of a century ago.

Now if only they could do something about that grueling schedule that does so much harm, I really wish that wrestling had an off season so people could rest up proper from injuries.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They should go to North Korea more often. Break those attendance records!

The oral history of the WCW trip over there is the best wrasslin piece I've ever read. Fascinating stuff.

NoRéN

I spend way too much time thinking about this, but yes, I concur - the perfect dropkick has five components: height, power, placement, rotation & consistency. Okada nails 4/5 every time, only his rotation is lacking - compare it to someone like Naito or AJ, neither get as much height or have such perfect placement, but their rotation is much better. I'd say Okada's is the best, but AJ, Naito, Ibushi, Haste & Sydal are up there with him for sure.

Rotation and consistency are the areas where the Rainmaker leaves everyone. His dropkicks looks good every damn time. Him landing facing the opponent as if ready for any sort of response is the icing on the cake.

though, my boy Ibushi ain't no slouch!

Savitar

They should go to North Korea more often. Break those attendance records!

The oral history of the WCW trip over there is the best wrasslin piece I've ever read. Fascinating stuff.

Hmmm

Now I can't help but wonder what it would be like if Vince somehow got control of NK.

What would it be like...

RP912

Banned

Indeed. That's the only thing missing from Okada's dropkick is some sort of flare to go along with those points. I guess that's why Styles dropkick almost seems like his trademark, rather than a typical dropkick.

JavyOO7

I want to think that Paul Roma hit a devestating drop kick in Halloween Havok '94 when he and Mister Wonderful took on the Patriot and Marcus Bagwell... I gotta check that later. =p

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want to think that Paul Roma hit a devestating drop kick in Halloween Havok '94 when he and Mister Wonderful took on the Patriot and Marcus Bagwell... I gotta check that later. =p

Yep. Roma has an amazing drop kick and a very excellent elbow drop...and nothing else!

RP912

Banned

I always enjoyed their feuds because of the shoots within it. Best example was Fall Brawl when Roma was beating the living shit out of Bagwell.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lk31NPm.gif

Mechakira

Neo Member
Thinking about going to this house show in Vancouver tonight.

I haven't done the house show thing before, is it worth buying good seats or better to just buy the cheapest ones and move up to empty seats later?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ling_is_no_longer_a_safe_space_for_men_sadly/

What the fuck's an SJW? Also, my word. I can't believe an actual serious person wrote that.

More like I can't see today's current crop absorbing the enormous legal costs and loss of their job for "assaulting a fan". They ain't that fucking stupid.

I was talking about how the current crop would do back then, not suggesting that they take a 70's attitude towards fans getting involved today :p

klonere

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...ling_is_no_longer_a_safe_space_for_men_sadly/

What the fuck's an SJW? Also, my word. I can't believe an actual serious person wrote that.

I was talking about how the current crop would do back then, not suggesting that they take a 70's attitude towards fans getting involved today :p

Ehhh bad hypothetical as today's crop would have grown up in the 70s system and thus would have probably done much the same!

As for SJW its a sad term that will forever taint any attempt for a Super Japan Wrestling organization to get any branding traction in the West :(

Savitar

anyone know if there is any old school Andre stuff on the network? I'm talking when he had the crazy long hair and was over as fuck.

There might be, I recall watching on some DVD Hogan attacking Andre and making him bleed in the AWA I think it was? Andre was pissed at that cowardly heel Hogan.

So they probably got some things on the network.

Youtube might be your best bet though, there is quite a few things up on that.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh
To be fair FlammableD, we are not immune from that either. I remember Wrestling GAFfers recently acting as though Rosa Mendes wouldn't know who her baby's daddy is because they tend to blur the line between what is presented on TV and who these people are in real life thus creating a false narrative that tends to fall in line with their real world views. Also there was a guy who made a tastless Kharma miscarriage joke.

I wonder if the commentary team would even acknowledge this incident?

During the Eddie Guerrero vs. Rob Van Dam ladder match on Raw back in 2002, some idiot ran in the ring and pushed the ladder down when Eddie was climbing it. Ross and Lawler didn't acknowledge it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if that 'Lana depush to push Eva Marie instead' was more 'Vince's cuck fantasies aren't working irl' than the 'Eva wants to improve' stuff.'

Top Bottom