• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

TODAY in Austin, TX:

OyWWERg.jpg

As if it couldn't get better, the women's match has been changed to a three-way dance:

This should be amazing.

...and it's been announced that Veda Scott will face Jessica James for the XX Division Title.

I'm super excited. I have friends from Dallas and Houston coming to this show, so it's gonna be a party tonight.

Savitar

Why would someone throw a briefcase at internet darling Roman Reigns?

Who can say. It's not like the WWE pushes him, the guy has to claw his way up for everything. He hardly ever gets the spotlight, never looks tough.

It's why the WWE fans have fallen for him so, they believe in him even if the corporate machines does not.

dream

18 years ago this month, Owen Hart broke SCSA's neck with a piledriver, then taunted the crowd to buy SCSA time to recover.

Almost two decades later, Roman Reigns gets hit in the head with a plastic toy that, as Amazon.com reveals, weighs 2.9 pounds and Bray Wyatt immediately breaks character and performs first aid on his opponent. Fuck me. The state of this fucking sport.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
dream, you have a locker room full of 'wrestlers' who would complain to HR if they ever got ribbed even once. why you put up with these millenials and not embrace the garbage carnies that keep it real like matt tremont is your own doing

dream

I'm more concerned about the illusion being shattered for children, Data West. How would you even explain that to your kid?

"Daddy, how come Bray Wyatt is checking on Roman Reigns?"
"Well, it's fake buddy."
"Why are we watching it then, daddy?"

Why indeed, Data West.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
18 years ago this month, Owen Hart broke SCSA's neck with a piledriver, then taunted the crowd to buy SCSA time to recover.

Almost two decades later, Roman Reigns gets hit in the head with a plastic toy that, as Amazon.com reveals, weighs 2.9 pounds and Bray Wyatt immediately breaks character and performs first aid on his opponent. Fuck me. The state of this fucking sport.

The kids today

they don't know kayfabe

when I was a young'in', we kept up kayfabe 24/7

DMczaf

To this day I don't ride in the same car as Beef. I don't fly in the same plane. I don't eat in the same diner.

Gotta keep it kayfabe

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Used to be stuff being thrown in the ring meant you were doing something right. You were eliciting a strong reaction. Now we have to shut down wrestling because the Softest Samoan can't take 2 pounds to the head region.

Gonzalez

Banned
Used to be stuff being thrown in the ring meant you were doing something right. You were eliciting a strong reaction. Now we have to shut down wrestling because the Softest Samoan can't take 2 pounds to the head region.
Maybe he should where a riot helmet to complete the look.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
4chan is the absolute worst. Some of the banned members from this thread probably love it there.

Already seen a current banned member posting issues with wrasslegaf on that racist reddit alternative. Some sad shit.

I just came up with such a stupid match stipulation, someone get me Dixie's number, pronto!

Basically, Kohei Sato holds the BJW tag titles with Shuji Ishikawa, but he's also the ZERO1 tag champion with Daisuke Sekimoto - so, 3-way match where if Sato gets the pin on either of his tag partners both belts stay around his waist, but if one of his tag partners pins the other, then the loser's belt changes hands. Also, if Sato is pinned then one of his belts changes hands - so if Sekimoto pins Sato, he becomes the BJW tag champion with Ishikawa. Call it Triple Tag Turmoil, or something. I'm sure it'd do great for TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just came up with such a stupid match stipulation, someone get me Dixie's number, pronto!

Basically, Kohei Sato holds the BJW tag titles with Shuji Ishikawa, but he's also the ZERO1 tag champion with Daisuke Sekimoto - so, 3-way match where if Sato gets the pin on either of his tag partners both belts stay around his waist, but if one of his tag partners pins the other, then the loser's belt changes hands. Also, if Sato is pinned then one of his belts changes hands - so if Sekimoto pins Sato, he becomes the BJW tag champion with Ishikawa. Call it Triple Tag Turmoil, or something. I'm sure it'd do great for TNA.

Look, if they can do a Reverse Ladder Match...they can do this.

miserable

G1 was great today. All the matches were fun to watch. The crowd was really into Ishii vs Goto, which made the match even better.

NoRéN

What about a reverse King of the Ring?

Where you start at the finals and end at the 1st round

or a reverse royal rumble. 30 wrestlers start outside of the ring. To eliminate a wrestler you have to throw them over the top rope and into the ring. Every 4 minutes a wrestler is chosen at random and eliminated.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NoRéN;174806376 said:
or a reverse royal rumble. 30 wrestlers start outside of the ring. To eliminate a wrestler you have to throw them over the top rope and into the ring. Every 4 minutes a wrestler is chosen at random and eliminated.

I think they did something like this.

EDIT: LOLTNA confirms:

TNA held a "Reverse Battle Royal". This genius concept saw half the roster fight outside of the ring to get into the ring. Once the set number of people had entered, they competed in an actual battle royal until two people remained (at which point the battle royal turned into a one-on-one match). Despite being widely lauded as one of the worst matches of that (or any) year, TNA held another one sometime later.

NoRéN

I think they did something like this.

EDIT: LOLTNA confirms:

TNA held a "Reverse Battle Royal". This genius concept saw half the roster fight outside of the ring to get into the ring. Once the set number of people had entered, they competed in an actual battle royal until two people remained (at which point the battle royal turned into a one-on-one match). Despite being widely lauded as one of the worst matches of that (or any) year, TNA held another one sometime later.

oh, you've got to be kidding me!

dream

I mean, fuck, Brian Hildebrand, of all people, took out a fan.

As you all know, I am a big Roman Reigns fan, and I continue to gain a measure of satisfaction with the Daniel Bryan situation because I directly and solely blame his insane fans for derailing Reigns's push. But I am so unbelievably disheartened by his pussy response to getting hit by a plastic toy. In a sport predicated on being tough, taking a knee and nursing your boo-boo is inexcusable.

Top Bottom