• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

jmdajr

So Sgt. Slaughter was supposed to burn the American flag but he said..... nope.
Hulk Rules shirt instead.

That would have made some headlines though.

So sorry!

Can anyone direct me to a place that sells complete G1 tourneys? Also, what are some of the best years?

Get yourself some of that sweet 999 yen NJPW World subscription.

The entire tournament is being streamed live on New Japan's streaming and video-on-demand service, NJPW World: njpwworld.com

To sign up for NJPW World costs just ¥999 a month, which is about £5.16 or $8.06 and you get access to all the G1 shows live or on-demand, plus a huge back-catalogue of old matches. Signing up is fairly straight-forward. On the bottom right of each page is a dropdown box to auto-translate the site to English. It's not perfect, but it works well enough. If you need a guide, check out; https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2nxb1q/how_to_sign_up_for_njpw_world_compliments_of/

Sephzilla

So Sgt. Slaughter was supposed to burn the American flag but he said..... nope.
Hulk Rules shirt instead.

That would have made some headlines though.

Considering he was already at "people were threatening his family" levels, it's a very good thing he didn't agree to do that.

Nigel Mcguinness. Not a happy story of his career. Signed with Daniel Bryan in 2009 but WWE wanted him to due a surgery that he couldn't pay for. So the contract was pulled and he signed with TNA.

He had a good feud with Kurt and then was buried when Hogan came up. Then he got hepatitis B during his time there. So he had to retire and now is the Ring of Honor authority figure.

Wouldn't of made it in WWE anyway, I don't know why people are obsessed that he wasn't signed. Was abusing steroids, body was fucked way worse than Bryan's and he's definitely got some sort of concussion syndrome. He speaks and looks out of it.

Newly confirmed for 2K16

Haha, like there's was any doubt countless Triple H's are going to be in there. Let's see:

- Authority Suit & Tie with Short Hair Triple H.
- Authority Suit & Tie with Long Hair Triple H.
- Short hair black trunks and Terminator entrance Triple H
- Long Hair OG DX Bisexual KOTR 98 Triple H
- Motorhead Lemmy Facial Hair Denim-on-leather Sledgehammer Triple H
- Evolution Clean Shave Purple Trunks Triple H
- Hunter Hearst Helmsley Triple H
- Short Hair, Button Shirt Taking Credit For Already Talented Wrestlers in NXT Triple H
- Reincarnated DX Triple H
- Racist That Taunts Asians On Food Stands Or Pretends to Be An Asian Doctor Triple H

Any more?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, like there's was any doubt countless Triple H's are going to be in there. Let's see:

- Short Hair, Button Shirt Taking Credit For Already Talented Wrestlers in NXT Triple H
- Racist That Taunts Asians On Food Stands Or Pretends to Be An Asian Doctor Triple H

Any more?

Terra Ryzing

Sephzilla

Any more?

I was going to say "Wishes he was Ric Flair era HHH" but you got that covered.

Second Degree Burns vs Brock Lesnar era HHH

Wait a minute.... you told me the other day that I "don't want" your avatar. Too much of a coincidence.

How much did you pay Sunny?

http://gifsoup.com

Allow me to distract you with this gif:

2822969-2848804092-sandw.gif

Rudoreels has a few full tournaments on blu-ray; https://rudoreels.com/shop/product-category/bluray/

I'd recommend the 2014 & 2013 G1's, plus the first G1 from 1991 is well worth a watch (although shorter than more recent tournaments).

https://rudoreels.com/shop/?s=g1+climax&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=Search&post_type=product They have a sale going on right now too.

23 is $29.50
21 is $24.50
24 is $44.50
And I think the first one (1991) is $10

Rudoreels.com

Honestly, 2014 and 2013's G1s are probably the best ones.

Get yourself some of that sweet 999 yen NJPW World subscription.

I thought I saw someone post a less than $20 price before. I think I will just go for the month sub and watch my fill.

When did AJ appear in NJPW? Was he revealed as the BC leader immediately?

jmdajr

Terra Ryzing

Any more?

Gotta make sure all bases are covered. Not sure if we can have a cameo by Vampire H and Chaperone H

What do you suppose the crossover audience is for wrasslin and Twin Peaks fans?

And what character would make the best wrassler?

Bob would have the best entrances. The lights would go down, followed by a spotlight highlighting a sofa in the centre of the ramp.

He'd be accompanied by Hornswoggle in a red suit.

It doesn't matter that he's an evil demon, he'd still lose to Cena by tap out.

Yassss. GZRS have a big few weeks coming up.

Yeah, some proper big matches for them - it's great to see the Projo guys getting booked further afield, but the GZRS are really showing a lot of other wrestlers up. They make the online stuff look so effortless, you wonder how so many wrestlers are so shit at it.

Incidentally, I saw Vince Russo called them the future of wrestling, haha.

Here you go...

He looks like he's from a street from the wrong side of the tracks. A 'bad street' if you will.

Here it is folks. If you submitted an avatar, you must apply the one you got from the luck of the draw. If not, you will be juniored - and nobody wants that. Just don't welch on the bet.

6 - Matthew Gallant -
bAFR7zh.png

Menome

I admit I was a bit worried at the beginning of the day when it seemed like #SandowAppreciationDay wasn't gaining much momentum, but a few hours later and it's exploded. We've even reached the Trending list on Twitter.

It may all come to naught, but fuck it, at least we're trying. :)

jmdajr

Is it incredibly stupid to spend $115 on a shader for destiny? Id have to charge it to a credit card.

If it's taking money out of your savings then yes. Dumb.

Obviously everyone here is saving some money. Right guys? We all know the good advice from our Veteran performers not named Flair.

Austin,King,Mick Foley all say... save your fucking money.

Top Bottom