• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Hasney

Yeah, it's a bugger. I was 18 when my dad died and I knew it affected me to a massive degree, but I thought that I was doing alright outwardly until work was suffering and I broke up with my gf. Took a few years to be back to my normal self really because I was a lot younger than it should have happened at.

Hope everything goes as smoothly as it possibly can anyway Seph. <3

Caderfix

Her father passed? I'm sorry to hear that.

My mom died earlier this year and it was crushing. Still sticks with me and I don't think it will ever go away. My girlfriend was a saint throughout.

Sorry to hear that... Stay strong, friend. I hope you and your family are recovering well.

Beefy

My nan died when I was 17. We were that close she was like a second mom to me. It's shit when people in your life die when you are young, even shitter if they die young

The top 5 wrestlers in the 2017 PWI 500:

#1 Kazuchika Okada
#2 AJ Styles
#3 Kevin Owens
#4 Roman Reigns
#5 Kenny Omega

Things I'll always agree completely on: Okada being #1, and Reigns being over Kenny. A+ list for that

Sephzilla

Reigns over Omega even though Omega has been part of some of the best matches of the year with the #1 guy on the list?

BjkwMtm.gif

she's still really crushed and doesn't seem like she can believe it happened. she's only 28 and that's way too young to lose a parent in my opinion. most of her family gathered together last night for dinner at her cousin's house and it was really good to have everyone together, but all though the night she had her moments where she had to step aside and cry it out.

I wish you all well, man.

I don't want to go into detail but my mother had a health scare late last month, had to call 911 to get her the help she needed and the doctors said that if we waited any longer, she could have dropped into a coma or died. Thankfully, she has been recovering well and will leave the care center that she is in within the next few days to be able to return home. I'm not getting any younger so it's hard to see the one who raised you get older and weaker. She's a fighter, though: she'll be leaving this place stronger than she has been in years and she wants to continue training herself.

Remember to show love to the ones that love you is all I can ever say, life's weak as hell.

I was adopted. Not sure if my biological parents are alive or not. Thankfully, my parents who raised me are still here. I'm honestly not sure if being adopted effected me or not. When I was a kid I used to vomit with anxiety worried mum and dad would leave every night, although I wasn't really conscious of why that was a worry at the time, if that makes sense.

My best friend lost her mother at a young age. Her step-mom didn't even tell her until after the funeral. Things only got worse and worse for her from there. She is one of the most sensitive and loving people I have ever known, it devastates me very deeply she has had to suffer so much pain and abuse.

Not sure where I was going with any of that.

Reigns over Omega even though Omega has been part of some of the best matches of the year with the #1 guy on the list?

BjkwMtm.gif
When print media is dead you need to rely on HEAT

Last year was "SORRY SMARKS, ROMAN IS #1"

This year is "OK FINE, OKADA AND AJ ARE BETTER THAN ROMAN, PLEASE BUY...........*giggles*.......BUT HE'S BETTER THAN KENNY!"

The best part is, of course, people will lose their minds over it

Sephzilla

I actually agree with that top 5, just not the order of it. Okada and Omega should be 1 and 2, in whichever order you choose. Styles at 3. And you can put KO and Roman at 4 and 5

Isn't PWI 500 a Kayfabe list? Like you're placed based on how good you're booked or something.

Even if it was a kayfabe list Omega should be above Roman, and it wouldn't explain why AJ and KO are so high.

Started catching up on Smackdown this morning but for some reason the whole thing felt like a slog. By time the AJ match came about I was just ready to turn it off.

Even if it was a kayfabe list Omega should be above Roman, and it wouldn't explain why AJ and KO are so high.
AJ and KO being world champs last year plus US champs is probably why.

And Roman's basically only lost a handful of matches in the past year plus beat Taker at Wrestlemania which probably gives a boost.

klonere

Banned
I bet PWI holds beating Undertaker as Reigns reason for being over Omega. They probably put it equivalent to him winning the G1, and then he held the Universal Title for that sort while. So he wins out kayfabe wise, as the NJPW US title is new and without any good pedigree.

Please do not get mad at a PWI list.

Was Shelton any good

I know people were saying back when he was originally resigned that he had kinda lost it in Japan

In his defense I think working that style can expose people who work in the WWE style, so maybe he's still good within those confines, but idk

Raw64life

It's not just that PWI is a kayfabe list. It's that they mostly just care about who has a belt and how long they had it. Okada could've had the same exact matches in the same feuds all year long, but if he didn't have a belt he wouldn't even be in the top 10. Even though Reigns only had the US belt during the PWI calendar year, it still makes him better than Omega somehow.

klonere

Banned
Was Shelton any good

I know people were saying back when he was originally resigned that he had kinda lost it in Japan

In his defense I think working that style can expose people who work in the WWE style, so maybe he's still good within those confines, but idk

The few singles matches I saw him have at the end of his NOAH run were pretty good to great.

Sephzilla

I bet PWI holds beating Undertaker as Reigns reason for being over Omega. They probably put it equivalent to him winning the G1, and then he held the Universal Title for that sort while. So he wins out kayfabe wise, as the NJPW US title is new and without any good pedigree.

Roman never had the universal title

klonere

Banned
Somebody make an all caps OT thread "PWI MAGAZINE STATES THAT ROMAN REIGNS IS A DEFINITIVELY BETTER WRESTLER THAN KENNY OMEGA!!!!!!!"

1.Titus; Literally built a fucking brand from the fucking ground up you no good jabronie losers
2.Naito; Too cool for school
3.The rest; No one else in wrestling has dome anything of significance for thr duration of evaluation

Reigns has never held the Universal title

Kenny won a title representing the most important country in the world against foreign opposition

If that's not #1 material I don't know what is

God bless

Foggy

Naito, positioned as man of the people, head of the coolest, most over group in NJPW, massively popular, merch monster, constant focus of interviews, never really booed.

But yeah, I guess he's the best heel?

You trying to tell me Kevin Nash wasn't the best heel of 1997?

Top Bottom