• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

You trying to tell me Kevin Nash wasn't the best heel of 1997?
3202977_o.gif

Sephzilla

I was looking at WM win loss records. Triple H is 9-12?

Jericho is 5-9 at Mania
Cena is 10-3
Angle was 3-5
Owen Hart was 5-2-1
RVD was 4-0

Mania records are weird

What is it about the early Kane that worked?

If you tried that shit today nobody would buy it.

He was basically the fusion of Undertaker and Jason Vorhees. A huge part of early Kane's success as a character was the fact that Undertaker worked.

klonere

Banned
What is it about the early Kane that worked?

If you tried that shit today nobody would buy it.

Obviously, it was cheesy wrestling but in line with the zeitgeist of the time. It was a fantastic look, really cool entrance (the red light thing still is cool, even if Kane is super lame), he had the right stature. He was put right on the level with Taker who was coming off some of his best feuds and a world title run.

But yeah, the zeitgeist thing is the most important point I think: it really tapped into the Buffy style supernatural characters with soap opera drama, while ostensibly being for da kids, kinda like a violent Goosebumps? I don't think it was out of place in the cultural landscape at the time, like when they try the supernatural shit nowadays when it feels goofy and forced.

Hasney

Jericho is 5-9 at Mania
Cena is 10-3
Angle was 3-5
Owen Hart was 5-2-1
RVD was 4-0

Mania records are weird

He was basically the fusion of Undertaker and Jason Vorhees. A huge part of early Kane's success as a character was the fact that Undertaker worked.

RVD should come back just to get 2 draws at Mania. 4-2-0

So TM-61, Cedric Alexander, Johnny Gargano, Tomasso Ciampa, and Roderick Strong are all in 2K18

Considering all the indy guys in this, I might have to jump on this.

imBask

Banned
Why the fuck is there a "roster reveal" thread for WWE 2k18?

I would expect all the current superstars to be in the game, you know, like any other game?

SURPRISE Tom Brady is in Madden this year! more to come!

Fox318

HHH's mania record 9-12

What his record should be:

WrestleMania XII: HHH has a big match against Warrior and pins him while winning his respect. HHH then attacks warrior and flees getting some heel heat after the match.
WrestleMania 13: Goldust pins HHH.
WrestleMania XIV: Owen Hart Pins HHH
WrestleMania XV: Rock pins Mick Foley to win the title.
WrestleMania X-Seven: He probably should have won here but considering they needed heels Taker would win.
WrestleMania X8: HHH loses to the hometown star.
WrestleMania XIX: HHH pinned clean by Booker T.
WrestleMania XX: HHH taps to Benoit. Then Taps again at the next PPV. Then he never wrestles HBK ever again.
WrestleMania 21: HHH loses just like he did.
WrestleMania 22: John Cena defeated Triple H
WrestleMania XXIV: HHH doesn't wrestle.
WrestleMania XXV: HHH doesn't wrestle.
WrestleMania XXVI: HHH doesn't wrestle
WrestleMania XXVII: The Undertaker defeated Triple H.
WrestleMania XXVIII: HHH doesn't wrestle.
WrestleMania 29: Brock submits HHH to strikes.
WrestleMania XXX: Daniel Bryan defeated Triple H.
WrestleMania 31: Sting pins HHH clean.
WrestleMania 32: HHH doesn't wrestle.
WrestleMania 33: HHH loses in 3 minutes in a brawl type match.

But at the same time you had worked shoots and all of the ship jumping.

I mean imagine if Kane jumped to WCW in 1998 o join the nWo?

If Kane went to WCW he would have been in the Dungeon of Doom. Which goes back to your point, how in the hell did Kane and Taker work SO well in 97/98 when Dungeon of Doom was a laughable joke (for the record, I kind of love Dungeon of Doom).

I would expect all the current superstars to be in the game, you know, like any other game?

Why are you always angry? Please, calm down.

Tom Nook

WWE 2K is treating it like a fighting game like Marvel vs Capcom. The legends would be the surprises than the current people.

I've asked this before, but how are tables still one of the most kayfabe thing in wrestling? Of all the super human shit wrestlers do, for some reason going through a table results in total destruction of the wrestlers despite being the weakest thing ever.

Hasney

Hello friends, I heard you all witnessed a live shooting on Monday night?

Then Dolph brought a shotgun out on Tuesday and started spraying everywhere. "Maybe I should paint myself to hide that I'm a charisma vaccuum like Finn Balor!". They're not even on the same brand. Madness!

Top Bottom