• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

I feel like I could do a good job writing for the WWE, just like most of the SMarks on here, but that isn't possible under the McMahon regime.

You also have to deal with wrestler politics that make it difficult to build a narrative that may not always be about using the top wrestlers and keeping them on top.

Raw64life

Is there anyone here in this community who legit wants to write for the WWE?

I can tell most of you guys can do a better J.O.B. then all creative.

When you're a writer for WWE, your job isn't to be a good writer. It's to write things that you think Vince, Kevin Dunn, HHH & Stephanie will like. If you're actually a creative person, it's probably a pretty soul crushing job.

Anth0ny

When you're a writer for WWE, your job isn't to be a good writer. It's to write things that you think Vince, Kevin Dunn, HHH & Stephanie will like. If you're actually a creative person, it's probably a pretty soul crushing job.

that's pretty much the main problem

Draxal

Only if WWE brass are ready to unleash the Samoan Syndicate on the world.

You know how they are teasing 2/3 Shield vs the Usos right now?

I would love a shield tease and then have Roman and the Usos beat the crap out of Seth and Dean.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I could see Kairi Sane being basically a cute anime character getting over with parts of the audience but not only do I not see how either HHH or Vince would manage that correctly, I don't know if anyone could.

I mean, there's already memes I've seen about her secretly being a 500 year old pirate (get it, because in anime everything is cute girls).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jack A. Gallagher‏Verified account @GentlemanJackG 1h1 hour ago
More
Thank you to the WWE medical staff for patching me up; I believe I will remain quite pretty. These things happen. #205Live

Jack got fucked up last night?

You know how they are teasing 2/3 Shield vs the Usos right now?

I would love a shield tease and then have Roman and the Usos beat the crap out of Seth and Dean.

this is the best idea and thus will never happen.

Anth0ny

samoan heel super group of roman, joe, usos and finally THE ROCK HIMSELF

would be sick but fuck it here's some boring shit instead

Watch-Mayweather-vs-McGregor-Online.jpg
6.png

primitive-dot.png

red-rounded-with-number-5-hi.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Roman, Usos, Nia

I've been saying it for months :(

Worth picking up? I haven't bought a golf game in years but I know these are supposed to be good.

I used to love golf games on the Saturn. One of the only things that console was good for.

give me a sales pitch on this game, because i like golf

It is really fun. Simple enough to where if you just want to hit the ball and not worry about backspin, lie, wind, etc, you can and have a good time. But when you start to understand how to do super backspin, super frontspin, hook, etc, that is when the game really shines. The create a character is fun and unlocking items to build your character is enjoyable but that being said, it is a bit grindy. You have to grind to unlock rivals and then beat them to level up which will unlock part of a course. Unlock clubs, golfballs, leveling up. Rinse and repeat. I've read that as you play the game more, the unlocks become faster but still.

The online hub world is cool too. Online only unlocks that you can then use offline. They have a minigame turf war which I haven't messed with. I know there is a fishing minigame as well. You can unlock golf carts but I don't know if there is a minigame involved with that.

If you like Mario Golf and other Hot Shot Golf games, you will like this. If anything, this is at least worth a redbox rental and then a purchase if you really like it. This is the type of game that is real chill and laid back. Play a few rounds and be done. Or get sucked in trying to see the best approach on a par 5 with the wind against your back.

I lol'd pretty hard at every commentator clearly being instructed to call Tamina "dominant" over and over again when she has 0 accolades to her name in 6 years on the main roster.

Unfortunately came out the same day as Yakuza. It's on my Black Friday watch list though.

Nice. I got Yakuza as well. Too many games. Gah.

miserable

so you wanted a proper No More Heroes sequel? that's cool, be we got soemthing better! here's a collection of minigames featuring Travis Touchdown. BUILT ON UNREAL ENGINE 4 GET HYPE GET EXCITE YEAAAH

Switch keep holding those L's

so you wanted a proper No More Heroes sequel? that's cool, be we got soemthing better! here's a collection of minigames featuring Travis Touchdown. BUILT ON UNREAL ENGINE 4 GET HYPE GET EXCITE YEAAAH

Great trailer and Hotline Miami 4 lyfe but yeah......what is the nature of that game

If it's a 3D take on random indie games that's cool but it really isn't clear

Hasney

L's? Are you high kid? Even if that turns out to be a disappointment (Which minigames of good indie games with an overworld in UE4 doesn't sound anything less than fucking great), there's a Meat Boy sequel, Golf Story, Light Fingers, an adorable elephant named Yono and Steamworld Dig 2.

If those are L's, I can only assume that you watch GFW religiously and it's rotted your brain.

2K18 roster reveal pt 3

Rick Martel

Mick Foley

Ricky Steamboat

Miss Jacqueline

Rikishi

Macho Man Randy Savage

Mr. Perfect

Lex Luger

Razor Ramon

Rick Rude

Vader

Ric Flair

Chad Gable

Alexa Bliss

Nia Jax

Tye Dillinger

Apollo Crews

Carmella

Dana Brooke

Neville

Dash Wilder

Scott Dawson

Nick Miller

Shane Thorne

Akam

Rezar

Michael P.S. Hayes

Jimmy Garvin

Tommaso Ciampa

Cedric Alexander

Asuka

TJP

Roderick Strong

Johnny Gargano

Jason Jordan

Samoa Joe

Big Cass

Rusev

Finn Balor

Chris Jericho

Kevin Owens

Sephzilla

Samoan Mafia heel stable. The Rock is a behind the scenes character who runs it like a mob boss. All of the backstage segments with Rock are high production quality Lucha Underground style scenes

Mahonay

Banned
Samoan Mafia heel stable. The Rock is a behind the scenes character who runs it like a mob boss. All of the backstage segments with Rock are high production quality Lucha Underground style scenes
:( it hurts thinking about amazing possibilities that will never happen.

WWE practically has the world of wrestling at their finger tips, and they always opt for the least interesting options possible. Probably the most infuriating thing about WWE.

At least NXT puts together satisfying match ups on a consistent basis.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Rock is too busy filming things that are somehow less entertaining than WWE to do anything with the WWE.

I'm gonna need proof of all this things FlammableDick

List of Taylor Swift things I have enjoyed:

Shake It Off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
the Screaming Females cover of Shake It Off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOzaU7Hb3-M
the Bad Blood vs Iron Man mashup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKx3z49CkHM
the GIF of Taylor doing a hurricanrana from the Bad Blood video
giphy.gif

the GIF of Taylor doing a crotch chop
tssmd.gif

the GIF I made of Jimmy Havoc saying he loves Taylor Swift
fa960fc2543e4f84e1cad6720275f9c55e90bde2_hq.gif

tumblr_Coke.gif

how salty evryone who hates Taylor Swift is about Taylor Swift
wrasslegaf.jpg

Sephzilla

At this point I think Taylor Swift only dates people so she can get song inspiration after the inevitable breakup/rejection. She's the pop music equivalent to a Linkin Park meme.

At this point I think Taylor Swift only dates people so she can get song inspiration after the inevitable breakup/rejection. She's the pop music equivalent to a Linkin Park meme.
Or

It's not actually based at all on real life and she's just playing a character that is relateable to her target audience

Top Bottom