• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Hex

Banned
Whatever they see in Roddy, I don't. The promo packages they did for him about his life were really great, but he still just comes across as very bland.

I am right there with you.
I have heard his name for years in the indies, he just does nothing for me yet

Anth0ny

I heard Anth0ny spends all of his Youtube revenue on garbage like this, or as he calls it "memorabilia"

I've made more money in the last month from making dragon ball z videos on YouTube than from my """career""" in real estate

Follow the money, marks.

What did you expect?

I'm only on the second episode, but I was hoping to discover a bunch of talented wrestlers I had no idea existed. Sorta like the CWC.

I was hoping women coming up from the indies and other countries would sort of show up how incredibly stagnant the women's WWE scene is.

I guess I'll wait till the Joshi wrestlers show up.

Wrestling isn't easy and sometimes it's easy to take it for granted when watching AJ or the top NJPW guys or whatever.

Basically, I'm not impressed even though they're trying really hard so I feel kinda bad.

Edit: this Australian headbanger has potential

I'm only on the second episode, but I was hoping to discover a bunch of talented wrestlers I had no idea existed. Sorta like the CWC.

I was hoping women coming up from the indies and other countries would sort of show up how incredibly stagnant the women's WWE scene is.

Wrestling isn't easy and sometimes it's easy to take it for granted when watching AJ or the top NJPW guys or whatever.

Basically, I'm not impressed even though they're trying really hard so I feel kinda bad.

The talent pool is definitely not as deep, but from the second round on I'm sure you'll find that there are quite a few great women in this tournament you haven't seen before.

The first round of this was really designed as more of a showcase for most of the winners.

Draxal

Edit: this Australian headbanger has potential

They only got one Joshi wrestler and the rest are from the Indies pretty much or in house talent that is signed.

The later rounds will be much stronger.

Hex

Banned
You were like
'Man, that Hiromu Takahashi sure sucks, eh?'
And I was like
'Woah, dude.'

2xXQGRi.gif

Someone with twatter ask him why he ducked Cena

Hours before, no reports of injury and he's planned to fight and lose to Cena the night John does a planned work shoot promo. Suddenly his knee hurty. :thinkingemoji:

cordy

Banned
Here's the top 50 of the PWI list.

Top 50:

1. Kazuchida Okada
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Roman Reigns
5. Kenny Omega
6. Nakamura
7. Dean Ambrose
8. Samoa Joe
9. Bobby Roode.
10. The Miz
11. Neville
12. Naito
13. Randy Orton
14. Adam Cole
15. Bray Wyatt
16. Seth Rollins
17. Christopher Daniels
18. Bobby Lashley
19. John Cena
20. Kushida
21. Will Osprey
22. Chris Jericho
23. Shibata
24. Johnny Mundo
25. Brock Lesnar
26. Zack Sabre Jr
27. Eddie Edwards
28. Finn Balor
29. Pete Dunne
30. Jinder Mahal
31. Marty Scrull
32. Dolph Ziggler
33. Cody Rhodes
34. Braun Strouman
35. TJ Perkins
36. EC3
37. Alberto El Patron
38. Kyle O Reilly
39. Hiroshi Tanahashi
40. Nick Jackson
41. Sami Zayn
42. Matt Jackson
43. Mark Haskins
44. Rusev
45. Matt Hardy
46. Ricochet
47. Yamato
48. Hiromu Takahashi
49. Baron Corbin
50. Tyler Bate

Some interesting facts.

- Dean Ambrose is the first wrestler to move up the list up 6 straight years. 2011 = NR, 2012 = 254th, 2013 = 26th, 2014 = 18th, 2015 = 13th, 2016 = 9th and now 2017 = 7th.
- WWE currently has 28 of the Top 50 signed under contract
- Okada is the first Japanese wrestler to be #1
- Okada is the first non-WWE wrestler to be #1 since Styles (TNA singed) in 2010
- 3 Canadians are in the Top 10 for the first time ever

Tall4Life

Brock Lesnar should be a lot higher. He was kayfabe powerful as fuck this year. That Fatal 4 way is evidence enough

though the voting may have been earlier

Tagyhag

So are PWI rankings kayfabe, shoot, or a combination of both?

Because I don't see why KO and Ambrose would be that high for either.

cordy

Banned
So are PWI rankings kayfabe, shoot, or a combination of both?

Because I don't see why KO and Ambrose would be that high for either.

It's both but mostly kayfabe. Ambrose has been killing it within the past year. He's one of the most protected guys in WWE right now. I read that they're looking at July 2016-June 2017. Within the past year the guy beat Rollins and Reigns in a triple threat, beat Cena in a few minutes on SDL, Styles has never beaten Ambrose clean, crushed Ziggler easily, crushed Corbin at WM easily, he's very protected. You can count the amount of times Ambrose has lost clean since he's become a single's star probably on 1 hand.

Also in the interview with PWI Senior Writer Dan Murphy, he stated that Omega was originally placed #7 but near the end of the process was moved in front of Nakamura and Ambrose.

hey bros...

on episode 3 of the MYC...

I feel like Jazzy should of won her match ...no offense to kimber lee, but Jazzy should be pushed as a killer...

I already was in love with Toni Storm and aside from that silly hat, she is the total package and could easily carry NXT as their champ, with Asuka out....

I hate that the finals is going to be on a fucking smackdown taping with 205 live and Enizo!

Cagey

Banned
Here's the top 50 of the PWI list.

Top 50:

1. Kazuchida Okada
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Roman Reigns
5. Kenny Omega
6. Nakamura
7. Dean Ambrose
8. Samoa Joe
9. Bobby Roode.
10. The Miz
11. Neville
12. Naito
13. Randy Orton
14. Adam Cole
15. Bray Wyatt
16. Seth Rollins
17. Christopher Daniels
18. Bobby Lashley
19. John Cena
20. Kushida
21. Will Osprey
22. Chris Jericho
23. Shibata
24. Johnny Mundo
25. Brock Lesnar
26. Zack Sabre Jr
27. Eddie Edwards
28. Finn Balor
29. Pete Dunne
30. Jinder Mahal
31. Marty Scrull
32. Dolph Ziggler
33. Cody Rhodes
34. Braun Strouman
35. TJ Perkins
36. EC3
37. Alberto El Patron
38. Kyle O Reilly
39. Hiroshi Tanahashi
40. Nick Jackson
41. Sami Zayn
42. Matt Jackson
43. Mark Haskins
44. Rusev
45. Matt Hardy
46. Ricochet
47. Yamato
48. Hiromu Takahashi
49. Baron Corbin
50. Tyler Bate
tenor.gif

Tanahashi won the IWGP IC title off Naito, who is no 12 in that list. Yet Tanahashi is below guys like TJP who have done nothing.

Even kayfabe this list is pretty mediocre.

Good on Apter for giving Okada major props though.

Tanahashi won the IWGP IC title off Naito, who is no 12 in that list. Yet Tanahashi is below guys like TJP who have done nothing.

Even kayfabe this list is pretty mediocre.

Good on Apter for giving Okada major props though.

TJP won the CWC and was Cruiserweight Champion for a while. In kayfabe, he was the best in the world at his weight class for a span of months. Tanahashi never held his top prize, so he wasn't. It's weird, but it can work out.

cordy

Banned
The list is putting smarks on notice.

WWE is the big leagues daddy. If you ain't Godkada or Kenny Dopemega you better be working towards it.

Top Bottom