• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

I'm not talking about who's making me laugh harder each week. I'm talking about who was seen as the stronger of the two kayfabe-wise and that was clearly Styles. We're not talking about the Def Jam Comedy Federation.

Owens did more than just be funny but whatever.

If you only want to evaluate based on kayfabe that's your prerogative I guess.

cordy

Banned
This dude is the only person I've seen who's said Owens and his Universal Champion run was a better run than AJ's WWE Champion run. AJ was clearly booked as the stronger between the two.

How is anyone debating this?

We aren't talking about who's the guy who gets a chance to open for Chris Rock. We're talking about who's seen as more of the credible champion and that's Styles. I'm not someone who's out here defending AJ each and every week but shit that's obvious.

Why is Owens so high on the list -> Universal title reign -> Reign was bad and he did nothing/wasn't strong -> No, reign was good -> why -> because he is funny

?

I was just simply arguing that Owens reign wasn't crappy for xyz non kayfabe reasons.

I don't give a shit about where he is on that list.

cordy

Banned

Owens did more than just be funny but whatever.

If you only want to evaluate based on kayfabe that's your prerogative I guess.

That's the whole point of me saying his reign will be exaggerated years down the line because a decade from now he won't be seen as a cowardly heel. It's like how no one talks about Flair's shitty reigns. They just mention 16 and that holds more weight.

?

I was just simply arguing that Owens reign wasn't crappy for xyz non kayfabe reasons.

I don't give a shit about where he is on that list.
I know you don't I'm just saying you debated people talking about one thing to talk about another thing, and when they said they were talking about the other thing you said "what? but I'm not talking about that thing"

Idk I've still got the image of the T-800 lowering into the molten pit running through my mind at this point

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Part of the reason I hate Sami Zayn is that I've had his theme as my alarm music for a year or two now so I associate his entrance with getting out of bed when I don't want to.

I should set it to Ultimate Warrior's theme and sprint to work.

I know you don't I'm just saying you debated people talking about one thing to talk about another thing, and when they said they were talking about the other thing you said "what? but I'm not talking about that thing"

Idk I've still got the image of the T-800 lowering into the molten pit running through my mind at this point

Yeah I didn't really realize it was still in context of that list.

Though TBF reign being strong or not he'd still be high on a list like that just for being champ during a lot of it.

But my bad

Part of the reason I hate Sami Zayn is that I've had his theme as my alarm music for a year or two now so I associate his entrance with getting out of bed when I don't want to.

I should set it to Ultimate Warrior's theme and sprint to work.
I used to wake up to Thunderkiss 65 in middle school and now I'm pretty sure I have some sort of trigger in my brain that goes off whenever I hear the opening riff

According to a source with knowledge of all the numbers of the show, Wagner received 4.5 million pesos for agreeing to lose his mask, which is $255,443.79 U.S., considered a fortune in Mexico and by far the largest payoff in the history of Lucha Libre.

Hot damn.

UK show still coming before the end of the year apparently

Whether this happens or not, the current plans are for the U.K. show to begin before the end of this year. Original plans were to start taping in June and now we’re almost in September and a first date for a taping still hasn’t been announced. There are a lot of things to work out, including that the original U.K. championship tournament was apparently a big money loser.

Corbin's burial has nothing to do with Cena and not a whole lot to do with Twitter

Regarding Corbin and his losing the briefcase and having the lackluster match with Cena, that had nothing to do with Cena, well, the match had to do with Cena as his dance partner, but his fortunes falling temporarily was not Cena related. It also had nothing to do with Twitter, although the Twitter stuff did him no favors, particularly with a lot of the wrestlers because it’s considered bad form to go on a blocking spree of your fellow wrestlers. It was an entirely different situation outside the ring that happened a few weeks ago that happened here.

2018 HOF headliner

Regarding the 2018 Hall of Fame in New Orleans, one name floated to us as a possible headliner would be Bautista.

Even with only one day to chart, the MYC episodes were the top 4 watched things on the Network. Also, 205 Live broke the top ten for the episode with Enzo's debut.

For the top ten most-watched shows on the WWE Network over the past week, it was dominated by the Mae Young Classic. The top four spots were taken, in order, by episodes one through four. From there it was: 5. Summer Slam; 6. Mae Young Classic bracketology; 7. NXT from 8/23; 8. NXT Takeover Brooklyn; 9. WrestleMania 33; 10. 205 Live for 8/22 featuring Enzo’s debut

This week at the Performance Center they are doing NFL combine like speed, strength and agility tests. Evidently Otis Dozovic did a 775 pound dead lift.

giphy.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I used to wake up to Thunderkiss 65 in middle school and now I'm pretty sure I have some sort of trigger in my brain that goes off whenever I hear the opening riff
I don't hate Zayn at all really. It's just that I hear his theme every day at the worst time of day.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Why hasn't kalisto been moved to 205? He's doing nothing of importance and could use a refresh

Ketsui is coming to PS4 eventually. Those M2 ports are the god damn truth

I agree though, where is Batrider, the goat (besides easily accessible on MAME)

I haven't tried any of them M2 ports, yet. I have a TATE-able very low latency monitor which is how I prefer to play shmups and arcade games now. It only accepts DisplayPort connections though.

On the other hand G-Sync is amazing for emulating old arcade games that ran at strange refresh rates since the monitor will adapt its refresh to what is being outputted.

miserable

On the other hand G-Sync is amazing for emulating old arcade games that ran at strange refresh rates since the monitor will adapt its refresh to what is being outputted.

to finally being able to enjoy MK2 running properly...maybe one day I'll be able to afford a G-sync monitor

I haven't tried any of them M2 ports, yet. I have a TATE-able very low latency monitor which is how I prefer to play shmups and arcade games now. It only accepts DisplayPort connections though.

I've got the 27 inch 2k Predator monitor and it is glorious. GSync is amazing. Eventually I would want a 4k monitor but 2k 120 fps is better than 30fps @ 4K.

Top Bottom