• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Pikma

Banned
Roderick Strong proved Roode wrong and defeated him after months of Bobby saying he didn't have it in him.

Now if only Sasha and Bayley could've gotten such basic booking I'm sure they wouldn't be in the hole they are.

jud+crues

***copyrighted by legitshook.com**

Friends, for the cost of 1.5 WWE Networks you could be seeing Terminator 2 in theaters

I can now confirm that it is still the greatest movie of all time

Tagyhag

Kayfabe mostly.

And KO was world champ for a third of the past year. Then on and off US champ for the rest of that time.

It's both but mostly kayfabe. Ambrose has been killing it within the past year. He's one of the most protected guys in WWE right now. I read that they're looking at July 2016-June 2017. Within the past year the guy beat Rollins and Reigns in a triple threat, beat Cena in a few minutes on SDL, Styles has never beaten Ambrose clean, crushed Ziggler easily, crushed Corbin at WM easily, he's very protected. You can count the amount of times Ambrose has lost clean since he's become a single's star probably on 1 hand.

Also in the interview with PWI Senior Writer Dan Murphy, he stated that Omega was originally placed #7 but near the end of the process was moved in front of Nakamura and Ambrose.

Ah ok with that time schedule it makes more sense. I keep completely forgetting about Owen's reign.

I feel like it was lackluster and he got it taken away so easily.

cordy

Banned
Ah ok with that time schedule it makes more sense. I keep completely forgetting about Owen's reign.

I feel like it was lackluster and he got it taken away so easily.

Yeah Owens had a crappy reign. I feel like it's gonna be one of those things the WWE exaggerates in the history books years from now.

Yeah Owens had a crappy reign. I feel like it's gonna be one of those things the WWE exaggerates in the history books years from now.

I disagree.

He had good matches with Reigns and Rollins and amazing talking segments that were Raw highlights every week with Jericho.

His Universal title reign was better than say AJ's WWE title reign.

cordy

Banned
I disagree.

He had good matches with Reigns and Rollins and amazing talking segments that were Raw highlights every week with Jericho.

His Universal title reign was better than say AJ's WWE title reign.

Styles not only had better matches with his reign but he was considered a more credible champion than Owens with his title. Styles had interesting programs with Ambrose, Cena and even Ellsworth. That's something that Owens didn't get because if you ask anyone what do we remember most about Owens as champion? You remember the Goldberg loss, the Jericho turn and him and Jericho making jokes. You don't remember any major match highlights of his compared to Styles. On the other side of the coin, you remember AJ's 540 on Ambrose at TLC, you remember him against Ellsworth for the title, you remember those 3 boys doing work at No Mercy.

I don't see any way Owens had a better reign than Styles especially with Owens always having Jericho do his dirty work and being a scapegoat. Dude was a bitch as champion.

Styles not only had better matches with his reign but he was considered a more credible champion than Owens with his title. Styles had interesting programs with Ambrose, Cena and even Ellsworth. That's something that Owens didn't get because if you ask anyone what do we remember most about Owens as champion? You remember the Goldberg loss, the Jericho turn and him and Jericho making jokes. You don't remember any major match highlights of his compared to Styles. On the other side of the coin, you remember AJ's going through the table at TLC, you remember him against Ellsworth for the title, you remember those 3 boys doing work at No Mercy.

I don't see any way Owens had a better reign than Styles especially with Owens always having Jericho do his dirty work and being a scapegoat. Dude was a bitch as champion.

An entertaining as fuck bitch champion.

I remember the FoF, I remember the great tease of disention between Owens and Jericho on the Raw after SS that ended with a great Roman Reigns punchline fakeout. I remember the really good match Owens had with Rollins when Sin Cara interfered in a Chris Jericho mask. I remember the great match he had with Reigns at RR. I remember the killer promos from Owens after FoF.

Owens was routinely the most entertaining man in WWE every week during his run.

Yoy can't dismiss how good and yes funny JeriKO was but then tout the Elsworth stuff for why AJ's run was so good. Shit AJ needed Elsworth to help him beat Ambrose at TLC remember? AJ wasn't booked that strong either. He never beat Ambrose clean, he lost to Ellsworth 3 times, he needed a chair to win at No Mercy (after surviving on a technicality after he tapped out to Cena and Ambrose at the same time), got dressed down by Cena and then beat at RR but yes that was a great match

Both reigns were entertaining I just found Owens even more so.

cordy

Banned
And entertaining as fuck bitch champion.

I remember the FoF, I remember the great tease of disention between Owens and Jericho on the Raw after SS that ended with a great Roman Reigns punchline fakeout. I remember the really good match Owens had with Rollins when Sin Cara interfered in a Chris Jericho mask. I remember the great match he had with Reigns at RR. I remember the killer promos from Owens after FoF.

Owens was routinely the most entertaining man in WWE every week during his run.

Yoy can't dismiss how good and yes funny JeriKO was but then tout the Elsworth stuff for why AJ's run was so good. Shit AJ needed Elsworth to help him beat Ambrose at TLC remember? AJ wasn't booked that strong either.

Both reigns were entertaining I just found Owens even more so.

You remember promos and interaction with Jericho while Owens as champion, you remember the friendship between the two and not him being considered a strong credible champion which is my entire point of Owens having a shitty reign. Styles was considered a strong competitor and he could handle himself to keep the title while Owens on the other hand had a lackey, lost quickly in matches and/or he ducked matches like most heels who can't handle themselves. The moment he didn't he lost to Goldberg quickly. Styles on the other hand took on all comers and he was built as a strong credible champion. The guy wasn't ducking Ambrose, he wasn't ducking Cena, he was out there to prove his worth. There's a difference between being entertaining and having a shitty reign. Styles was the better champion between the two and had the better title reign. You can debate about who was more funny weekly but you can't debate about who was seen as the greater champion at that point.

As for Ambrose that goes back to my point posts ago about Ambrose being one of the strongest booked guys on the roster. Ambrose beat Reigns and Rollins in a match clean at the same time. Mind you this is the same Reigns and Rollins that Owens couldn't handle himself alone in a one on one match. That proves my point towards who was better.

You thinking Owens was booked stronger than Styles is some crazy shit. You need to rewatch those months.

You remember promos and interaction with Jericho while Owens as champion, you remember the friendship between the two and not him being considered a strong credible champion which is my entire point of Owens having a shitty reign. Styles was considered a strong competitor and he could handle himself to keep the title while Owens on the other hand had a lackey, lost quickly in matches and/or he ducked matches like most heels who can't handle themselves. The moment he didn't he lost to Goldberg quickly. Styles on the other hand took on all comers and he was built as a strong credible champion.

There's a difference between being entertaining and having a shitty reign. Styles was the better champion between the two and had the better title reign. You can debate about who was more funny weekly but you can't debate about who was seen as the greater champion at that point.

As for Ambrose that goes back to my point posts ago about Ambrose being one of the strongest booked guys on the roster. Ambrose beat Reigns and Rollins in a match clean at the same time. Mind you this is the same Reigns and Rollins that Owens couldn't handle himself alone. That proves my point towards who was better.

You thinking Owens was booked stronger than Styles is some crazy shit. You need to rewatch those months.

Dude you're just talking kayfabe. I'm talking entertainment value.

He was entertaining as fuck week in and week out during his reign and for me more so than AJ was.

It's a power rankings list, not a smiles per hour list

Mark

Nothing I'm talking about has anything to do
with the list

I just think there's more than one criteria on how to view a title reign

Owens had huge entertaining segments every week as champ and some good to great matches to boot. I don't care that he was a cowardly heel. Who gives a fuck, the work and the promos were good.

cordy

Banned
Dude you're just talking kayfabe. I'm talking entertainment value.

He was entertaining as fuck week in and week out during his reign and For me more so than AJ was.

I'm not talking about who's making me laugh harder each week. I'm talking about who was seen as the stronger of the two kayfabe-wise and that was clearly Styles. We're not talking about the Def Jam Comedy Federation.

Top Bottom