• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Watching that Kane 2000 Raw clip reminds me, you just don't get wrestlers going through the roster like a one man army nearly enough these days, which is bizarre when you get these Lesnar related moments on modern Raw (like against Taker and more recently Strowman) when the roster is in there doing the "hold them back!" thing, sure a few guys get bowled over in the process but it's not the same.
Best we get now is beating up the Miz mob or flavourless security.
All these hoss' on the roster and not even getting to storm through the 205 live crew.

Jericho jumping to WWE was still pretty reported even back then. Shit, the crowd for his debut has a bunch of Jericho signs all over the place

It was reported, but the vibe of 'sheets' then was way different then now. We all knew it was coming, but we didn't have people posting 'he's definitely here' the moment shows started.

miserable

e78agvH.gif

X7F7GEu.gif

SrFc9Bx.gif

I miss those Triple Crown belts, they looked great

So I was spoiled on the result of one first round MYC match (Rachael Ellering vs. Marti Belle), but Meltzer had an interesting story about it in the Observer.

Apparently Marti Belle was supposed to be pushed well in the tournament and they wanted her to be something, but she was so bad in that first match that they made the decision halfway through it to change the finish and have Ellering go over, squashing the whole idea of pushing Marti.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
In exchange for Jason Jordan, Kurt Angle helped Daniel Bryan sign Shelton Benjamin. I'd say that is a great "move" for Bryan. Now he needs to somehow get something for John Cena in return.

In exchange for Jason Jordan, Kurt Angle helped Daniel Bryan sign Shelton Benjamin. I'd say that is a great "move" for Bryan. Now he needs to somehow get something for John Cena in return.

John Cena was a free agent. There's no storyline reason that Bryan would get anything from his departure.

Draxal

So I was spoiled on the result of one first round MYC match (Rachael Ellering vs. Marti Belle), but Meltzer had an interesting story about it in the Observer.

Apparently Marti Belle was supposed to be pushed well in the tournament and they wanted her to be something, but she was so bad in that first match that they made the decision halfway through it to change the finish and have Ellering go over, squashing the whole idea of pushing Marti.

She also apparently had major heat.

Zach

Today we learn that Zach's real name is "Some".

Albums with 8+ ratings thus far (from my 150 Greatest Albums by Women project):

Last Splash by The Breeders
A Seat at the Table by Solange
I Am Shelby Lynne by Shelby Lynne
Broken English by Marianne Faithfull
Tidal by Fiona Apple
Hejira by Joni Mitchell
Cut by The Slits
Young, Gifted and Black by Aretha Franklin
Transgender Dysphoria Blues by Against Me!
Tragic Kingdom by No Doubt >_>
Come Away with ESG by ESG
It's My Way! by Buffy Sainte-Marie
Los Angeles by X
Journey in Satchidananda by Alice Coltrane
Diamonds & Rust by Joan Baez

Beefy

Hey Beefy, why do they call sausages "bangers" in the UK?

Only northerners do, Southerners it's sausages.

Bangers are so-called because after the First World War there was little meat in sausages -- just scraps, cereal and water -- so they sizzled and spluttered a lot when they were frying. It sounded as if there were mini explosions, or bangs, going on, hence the name bangers.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
He was out of contract, soooo

giphy-downsized-large.gif

LOL He was a free agent for months and still worked on Smackdown. If they truly wanted to use that free agent storyline properly, they should have had Angle and Bryan trying to convince him their show is better for him to join.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Floyd v Connor has a fake belt?

like Million Dollar man?

fucking carnies

George Costanza:
Doesn't read a book, visits a family (whom he doesn't know) to watch the movie instead of reading he book, spills juice on the couch. X-Pac heat.

Leaves a expensive hat at a woman's house who doesn't want anything to do with him. X-Pac heat.

Avoids a woman so she doesn't break up with him. X-Pac heat.

miserable

George Costanza:
Doesn't read a book, visits a family (whom he doesn't know) to watch the movie instead of reading he book, spills juice on the couch. X-Pac heat.

Leaves a expensive hat at a woman's house who doesn't want anything to do with him. X-Pac heat.

Avoids a woman so she doesn't break up with him. X-Pac heat.

Don't forget about the double dip. That got him some serious heat.

AFAIK, New Japan doesn't want their guys to work with WWE guys.

Meltzer said the reason RevPro doesn't book the WWE guys is because they don't want to upset NJPW.

I think it's a lot looser. You had BSS vs The Elite recently, and the New Japan guys went over. Plus Takahashi is wrestling Connors tonight

1IHkh77l.jpg

Top Bottom