• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| Bummed Boys Bashing Big Balls By Beach-shore

Sephzilla

Name a better debut then Kane's.

You can't!

629490-jericho_super.jpg

Sephzilla

I liked Eccleston's Doctor but in hindsight I was already kind of tired of him by the end of his season. I feel like Tennant should have stuck around one more season though.

ShadyK54

Not familiar with the buildup prior to this (except that the countdown had been happening for awhile), but the pop he gets is crazy.

I've been watching bits & pieces of Nakamura/Zayn from Dallas. God damn, that match is still amazing. It is a bit weird not hearing the crowd go along with Shinsukes theme though lol. I keep rewatching the entrance expecting to hear them.

Kane coming back from injury to get DX was another 5 star Kane moment.
Said injury was a broken heart to boot.

Kane stopped being Kane to me after he got unmasked.

I'd argue that early unmasked Kane was more Kane than goofball half mask face Kane prior to unmasking...who should've gone over Trips when he was RED HOT even with the worst angle of all time dragging him down.

/eternal salt

Kane's debut look is legit probably my most favorite wrestler look ever.

Honorable mention to Savage, Scott Hall, Lesnar in his prime in the early 2000's and Rude also.

Think about it, If the jericho debut happened now smarks would be outraged at the Rock verbally burying him as soon as he turned up.

The Jericho debut would not have had the same impact now as it did then. Rumor sites existed then, but we didn't have 'real time' reporting the way we do now. Someone would have gone on Twitter/Reddit to say "Jericho is definitely here tonight'. I guess it would be comparable to AJ showing up at Rumble since the rumors were there but nothing confirmed/defined.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The match itself wasn't great, but Kane's reveal that he waited six years after losing at WM20 to take out Undertaker when he was at his weakest was incredible. Fucking love it when there's actual continuity in this company.

Jesus christ any thread involving ffxv is insufferable. Complaining about free dlc is a new low.
I fucking hate that game, which in of itself was alright if not a bit of a let down, but the amount of times I've had to watch a trailer for or play a demo of the shitty mobile game that's a knockoff of clash of clans when trying to get double coins on weed farm, that shit has farm has become unbearable.

Sephzilla

The Jericho debut would not have had the same impact now as it did then. Rumor sites existed then, but we didn't have 'real time' reporting the way we do now. Someone would have gone on Twitter/Reddit to say "Jericho is definitely here tonight'. I guess it would be comparable to AJ showing up at Rumble since the rumors were there but nothing confirmed/defined.

Jericho jumping to WWE was still pretty reported even back then. Shit, the crowd for his debut has a bunch of Jericho signs all over the place

Top Bottom