• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

The opening Sting promo was one of the worst of the year in terms of its message. HHH IS THE KING OF KINGS, STING IS GRATEFUL FOR HAVING HIS ASS BEATEN AND THEN HAVING HIS HAND SHAKEN, and oh yeah, the WWE Champion isn't half the man HHH is.

Dolph and Rusev had a nothing match that peaked with the post-match upskirt of Lana. Dolph took a shower and Summer invaded the room - so Dolph apparently just doesn't care about folks walking in on him showering. Divas revolution bullshit with this beat the clock challenge. It BEGAN with a 3:21 match, so this revolution is worth about 10 minutes of airtime on this 3+ long hour show. Becky won.

Braun-Dean wasn't much, while Cesaro-Owens was good, it was hurt by the commentary just not caring about it at all and not feeling special. Everything with the Dolph-Lana stuff sucked, as she's angry over him...clearly being set up by the heels and looks like an idiot. Speaking of which, Paige lost the BTC challenge when she should've won by DQ. Dudleys had a super-fun match with New Day, and then Seth was put in his place by Steph. Beyond just being completely responsible for the women's revolution, she'll be responsible for whipping him into shape. And she made Cena-Seth for the U.S. Title - so Seth, the heel, is defending his title against the odds and WWE is outright copying ROH's Jay Lethal run - well, it's a good idea, so why not.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-raw-8-31-15.html

Screens -

Straight Outta Dudleyville

The REAL Booty Warrior Returns

NEW! DAY ROCKS!

All Hail Lana

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6rwi669cqbxmthbnsj4xp673i5tochbi

This dude is completely shameless

Nameless

On TV it sounded like that crowd never woke up for anything.

They should only do Raw & PPVs in smark cities, since the crowd reaction is so important to the product. Sure fans might shit all over a match or two, but even the worst smark mutiny would be preferable to silent indifference. That Cena-Sting moment is remembered totally differently with a smart, hot crowd, who, at the very least would've popped out of respect/'the love of the game' even if the execution fell a bit flat.

KingBroly

Banned
So Cena wins the U.S. Title and Seth retains the WWE title at NoC, Seth/Cena at HIAC (Seth's U.S. Title rematch), Seth/HHH at Survivor Series?

I think Seth loses both belts with Sting immediately dropping it to Sheamus, setting up Rollins v. Sheamus. I know it's Sheamus, but there's literally no better option right now with MITB until post Mania. The opportunity SCREAMS cash-in for the Title, regardless of the winner.

EDIT: It looks like Rusev is reaching to Lana's ass in that pic, lol.

I'm glad Charlotte and Sasha spent a combined 200 seconds in the ring while HHH wasn't even in the building and was gushed about for half an hour

sting wins wwe title, taker challenges him and wins at survivor series, brock wins rumble to retire taker and claim throne at wm32.

Now that's a powerful road to wrestlemania

Entropia

No One Remembers
They should only do Raw & PPVs in smark cities, since the crowd reaction is so important to the product. Sure fans might shit all over a match or two, but even the worst smark mutiny would be preferable to silent indifference. That Cena-Sting moment is remembered totally differently with a smart, hot crowd, who, at the very least would've popped out of respect/'the love of the game' even if the execution fell a bit flat.

Toronto still wouldn't get a show.

The opening Sting promo was one of the worst of the year in terms of its message. HHH IS THE KING OF KINGS, STING IS GRATEFUL FOR HAVING HIS ASS BEATEN AND THEN HAVING HIS HAND SHAKEN, and oh yeah, the WWE Champion isn't half the man HHH is.

Dolph and Rusev had a nothing match that peaked with the post-match upskirt of Lana. Dolph took a shower and Summer invaded the room - so Dolph apparently just doesn't care about folks walking in on him showering. Divas revolution bullshit with this beat the clock challenge. It BEGAN with a 3:21 match, so this revolution is worth about 10 minutes of airtime on this 3+ long hour show. Becky won.

Braun-Dean wasn't much, while Cesaro-Owens was good, it was hurt by the commentary just not caring about it at all and not feeling special. Everything with the Dolph-Lana stuff sucked, as she's angry over him...clearly being set up by the heels and looks like an idiot. Speaking of which, Paige lost the BTC challenge when she should've won by DQ. Dudleys had a super-fun match with New Day, and then Seth was put in his place by Steph. Beyond just being completely responsible for the women's revolution, she'll be responsible for whipping him into shape. And she made Cena-Seth for the U.S. Title - so Seth, the heel, is defending his title against the odds and WWE is outright copying ROH's Jay Lethal run - well, it's a good idea, so why not.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-raw-8-31-15.html

Screens -

Straight Outta Dudleyville

The REAL Booty Warrior Returns

NEW! DAY ROCKS!

All Hail Lana

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6rwi669cqbxmthbnsj4xp673i5tochbi

tumblr_ntz5ixvRrs1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Zee-Row

Banned
I was at Raw and At the end of Raw there was a dark match that only people at the arena saw. Sheamus and Seth Rollins vs John Cena and Randy Orton.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The weirdest part about Sting putting HHH over so much was that sure, HHH shook his hand at Mania, but then he went out and talked a shitload of junk about Sting like 30 minutes later.

Man the crowd is terrible. There is no energy in the building. It's even rubbing off on the commentators. And there seems to be a lack of signs too.

That's the worst Max Landis has ever come off, imo. What an entitled millennial shithead. "There is no such thing as 'on-point' criticism when it comes to art." So the latest Justin Bieber concert movie is exactly and inarguably the equal of Tokyo Story, 2001, and The Fog of War, cuz MUH OPINIONS.

Not to mention trying to slight others' criticism while simultaneously falling back on total subjectivity as a means of deflecting it when deployed against him. He'll never transcend hackery, with that kind of thinking. If there is no right or wrong, not even in relative terms, then any commentary on others' views is utterly pointless, Max.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sombra vs Ultimo was rad. They used all kinds of styles from catch wrestling to mat wrestling to brawling to high flying. Crowd was pretty heated too, especially against Sombra. Ultimo ain't Atlantis either. He'll fuck you up by any means necessary, young boy.
KJgQaX9.gif

oH6l5Uo.gif

IOwzNbU.gif

Just a reminder that you can watch the hottest weekly wrestling show, CMLL, every Monday for free on their youtube channel.

Sephzilla

That's the worst Max Landis has ever come off, imo. What an entitled millennial shithead. "There is no such thing as 'on-point' criticism when it comes to art." So the latest Justin Bieber concert movie is exactly and inarguably the equal of Tokyo Story, 2001, and The Fog of War, cuz MUH OPINIONS.

Not to mention trying to slight others' criticism while simultaneously falling back on total subjectivity as a means of deflecting it when deployed against him. He'll never transcend hackery, with that kind of thinking. If there is no right or wrong, not even in relative terms, then any commentary on others' views is utterly pointless, Max.

I kind of think he's reaching for that Randy Pitchford "refusing to take the L" mindset. He just refuses to accept that American Ultra really wasn't as good or as original as he thought it was. The two movies I know he's written are Chronicle and American Ultra; Chronicle being a decent movie that simply fuses a few superhero tropes with a general Akira-like story, and American Ultra which is a really shitty hybrid of Jason Bourne and Chuck. So my opinion of him right now is that, talent wise, he's a hack who can't think of a truly original idea. He should stick to YouTube videos where he does shitty low budget recreations of 90s comic book storylines.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The story they're telling calls for Rollins to retain both titles. Search your hearts friends, you know this to be true.

Sheamus isn't cashing in until next year so they can leech off TMNT2.

Just got back from RAW, some thoughts:

The crowd (at least from where I was sitting) was definitely more live than it came across on TV.

Cena, the Dudleyz, Sting were the most over.

Cena/Orton vs. Rollins/Sheamus was the post-RAW dark match. Fun stuff.

I didn't even see Lana's ass live. Oh well.

I also just got back from Raw and it.....it was something else...the crowd was so quiet and there weren't many chants...I was also sitting a row away from a guy who kept trying to start chants that didn't catch on all night...awkward as hell to say the least

Yeah the beat the clock shit was as bad as expected. Like I have no problem with Brie getting squashed but at a minute and forty fucking seconds? They really want to push Charlotte. That Dolph drama shit was stupid shit and just makes Lana look dumber than a box of rocks.

3x2=4

Damn, I guess in and universe this is right.
I heard that at first too but then went back and checked and he did say 2x2.
stowman1.jpg

his face is so small
Like bray and Eugene did the fusion dance

With a little bit of Snitsky thrown in at some angles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Um looking weird as fuck is perfect for a Wyatt member.

Like how fucking bad would it be if he looked normal. Part of why I'm interested in him is he's this big Hills Have Eyes looking mother fucker

Top Bottom