• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT2| Sting in 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Love Cena. All the pieces are in place to journey to Wrestlemania.

JTripper

Really didn't think that promo was bad.

Potentially good setup for Rollins' character. Finally realizes he's being left to dry by the Authority so he can learn to step it up and look out for himself.

imBask

Banned
VyKYlKp.jpg

At NoC they should do a triple threat match were if Cena pins Seth he gets the USA championship, if Sting pins Seth he gets the WWE Championship and if Seth pins any of the two he retains both titles. Better than 2 one on one matches.

Was always obvious Seth was going to have two matches. The only way Sting can even vaguely look competitive is fighting a guy who Cena just squashed. Not a bad way to pass him the title without having to actually do any heavy work for it.

Ironically, this is a very Cena-esque task. In fact, were you to tell me the story and ask me who it was booked for, I'd refuse to believe it wasn't Cena had I not witnessed it with my own two eyes. Poor Seth is going to lose both titles on the same night and get humiliated after all his work.

KingBroly

Banned
I really liked that promo from Cena since it not only setup Night of Champions but caused genuine, honest dissent between Rollins and the Authority because of their "best for business" policy making.

Storyline wise, it would make complete sense for Seth to lose both Titles at Night of Champions to set off an explosion between him and the Authority.

I'm deeply upset is waiting till NoC to take the belts of nazi-sympathizer Rollins. I thought for sure it would be tonight, but since it involves Sting, nothing's for sure.

Hex

Banned
Was always obvious Seth was going to have two matches. The only way Sting can even vaguely look competitive is fighting a guy who Cena just squashed. Not a bad way to pass him the title without having to actually do any heavy work for it.

Ironically, this is a very Cena-esque task. In fact, were you to tell me the story and ask me who it was booked for, I'd refuse to believe it wasn't Cena had I not witnessed it with my own two eyes. Poor Seth is going to lose both titles on the same night and get humiliated after all his work.

HHH to pedigree Seth for Sting to get the pin? Or will he wait until after the match?

JTripper

I really liked that promo from Cena since it not only setup Night of Champions but caused genuine, honest dissent between Rollins and the Authority because of their "best for business" policy making.

Storyline wise, it would make complete sense for Seth to lose both Titles at Night of Champions to set off an explosion between him and the Authority.

Agreed. Would actually be a logical face turn for Rollins.

Sephzilla

You didn't even watch or pay attention for 6 months and you're still trying to argue that it didn't happen on NXT. Lol.

As someone who's been watching NXT weekly. Charlotte's "Flair" mannerisms weren't that frequent. She still did them, but I legitimately don't believe it was as frequent as it's been lately.

She should also really stop doing Flair things beyond WOO. She doesn't do any of the other things as good as her dad

That's what the take away is for you? Not that all of this is just setting up the eventual Rollins vs HHH where HHH puts him over clean to show that Rollins has surpassed him?

There are two ways NoC goes and both make sense for the story. Rollins loses both matches, blames it on the Authority screwing him, he and HHH get into it. Or, Rollins wins both, proves Cena and Sting wrong that he is as good as HHH, he and HHH get into it. This is very clear, basic, and good story telling.

The opening Sting promo was one of the worst of the year in terms of its message. HHH IS THE KING OF KINGS, STING IS GRATEFUL FOR HAVING HIS ASS BEATEN AND THEN HAVING HIS HAND SHAKEN, and oh yeah, the WWE Champion isn't half the man HHH is.

Dolph and Rusev had a nothing match that peaked with the post-match upskirt of Lana. Dolph took a shower and Summer invaded the room - so Dolph apparently just doesn't care about folks walking in on him showering. Divas revolution bullshit with this beat the clock challenge. It BEGAN with a 3:21 match, so this revolution is worth about 10 minutes of airtime on this 3+ long hour show. Becky won.

Braun-Dean wasn't much, while Cesaro-Owens was good, it was hurt by the commentary just not caring about it at all and not feeling special. Everything with the Dolph-Lana stuff sucked, as she's angry over him...clearly being set up by the heels and looks like an idiot. Speaking of which, Paige lost the BTC challenge when she should've won by DQ. Dudleys had a super-fun match with New Day, and then Seth was put in his place by Steph. Beyond just being completely responsible for the women's revolution, she'll be responsible for whipping him into shape. And she made Cena-Seth for the U.S. Title - so Seth, the heel, is defending his title against the odds and WWE is outright copying ROH's Jay Lethal run - well, it's a good idea, so why not.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/08/wwe-raw-8-31-15.html

Screens -

Straight Outta Dudleyville

The REAL Booty Warrior Returns

NEW! DAY ROCKS!

All Hail Lana

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/6rwi669cqbxmthbnsj4xp673i5tochbi

They're definitely going through with Rollins/H but I have to wonder if H is gonna put him over, especially after he's proven to be such an idiot in his personal life.

Top Bottom