• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

I kinda wish I hadn't thrown out that set of $350 Roches roller blades I had. I mean, I almost never used them (maybe a dozen times in 10 years), and I was terrible when I did, but it still feels like a waste...
Ouch, yeah, that's tough. My daughter recently realised she'd quite outgrown the scooter she'd had since she was 3, and hadn't really used in the last few years. Luckily, she realised this when she was with some friends, one of whom is 5 and fits the scooter perfectly. "Here, please, take it!" it's good for things to find a good home :)

So here's my beer/cider intake of the day:
I'm probably never going to drink a mass produced beer ever again.
Wow. I really must make it to one of these events some day. Nice!

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/trending-now/blog/2014/1/awesome-weird-aussie-advert-for-staying-in-school/

Stay in school, kids.

This is the most absurdly hilarious ad I've seen in a long time.

Saw this on 9gag 2 days ago, didn't realise it was local.

More console wars:

1003196_482634708507526_1789623123_n.jpg

http://www.2dayfm.com.au/scoopla/trending-now/blog/2014/1/awesome-weird-aussie-advert-for-staying-in-school/

Stay in school, kids.

This is the most absurdly hilarious ad I've seen in a long time.
Hmmmm... they died young and horribly. However, they were good looking, carefree, in love, had a fantastic day out - which contained more fun than I've experienced for a long time - and died suddenly, so it wouldn't have really detracted too much from the fantastic day they had.

I'm still on the fence, quite frankly. Right now, I'm probably leaning more towards carefree-sun-time-beach-hottie-kablooee-day.

Post Script: I have no idea what point they were trying to make. Were the teenager illiterate, and therefore couldn't read the signs? Or that the karmic retribution forces of the universe have been ratcheted up to 11 in Australia?

Ew 9gag. This is one of the many unfunny things on their hot page at the moment:

aZP8YgW_460s.jpg

Yeah this is like a rhetorical statement or something. People enjoy sexual release? Wow! What a fucking shock! It's a gender neutral observation too since both males and females fall under the classification of 'people'.

Although that might be 9gag's target audience, kids who haven't had a sexual experience.

Makes no sense to me why someone would need to put that on a meme image.

Kritz

Banned
Gaz, you have a Surface Pro 2, right? Are you drawing comics with the tablet still?

How's that thing holding up to heavy use? Have you tried rocking any games on it? My sister just bought an ASUS T100 for uni, and I'm thinking I could also do with a new laptop. I'm deciding if I just want to get a T100 as well, or spend a bit more and get something with a better processor / more ability to run Unity3D and... Dota 2.

Makes no sense to me why someone would need to put that on a meme image.
It's a PSA about taking appropriate precautions by wearing eye protection whilst giving oral pleasure. Nothing kills the mood like a raging shot of red-hot swimmers trying to get into your eye socket.

So I've heard.

From women.

What?

Bemused to be chided by politicians about travel rorts.

And if I don't qualify because I'm a postgrad doing research rather than coursework, I'm going to fucking belt someone tangentially responsible for this shit in the mouth.

It kinda looks that way :s

To be considered full-time, you must participate in on-campus coursework for a minimum duration of 12 hours per week, for a minimum course duration of 12 weeks.

http://translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/concessions/tertiary-transport-card

Sucks for post grad or correspondence students and people taking 3 subjects who are still considered full time by everyone else :/

Sorry for PoliGAF but this is getting beyond a joke at this point.

Australia’s prime minister threatens to deport asylum seekers who spit, swear or “irritate people”
Mr Abbott said he was concerned about the ABC's decision to report leaks by the "traitor" Snowden

Tony Abbott, Australia’s prime minister, has been accused of creating a “climate of terror” for asylum seekers after introducing a code of behaviour which threatens to deport those who swear, spit, irritate people or spread rumours.

Mr Abbott’s government revealed in December that asylum seekers who arrive by boat and are in Australia on temporary visas would have to sign a new code of conduct that bans harassment, bullying and disruptive behaviour.

Now a draft set of rules, leaked to refugee advocates, spells out the precise requirements for asylum seekers, saying they must not “irritate” people, “disturb someone”, spit or swear in public, or “spread rumours… or exclude someone from a group or place on purpose”.

By the time he leaves parliament we will be back to women being banned from voting at this rate.

It's a PSA about taking appropriate precautions by wearing eye protection whilst giving oral pleasure.

Shit that's a good point. Otherwise think of the burden on our health professionals. Good looking out Mr Monkey!

Gazunta

Gaz, you have a Surface Pro 2, right? Are you drawing comics with the tablet still?

How's that thing holding up to heavy use? Have you tried rocking any games on it? My sister just bought an ASUS T100 for uni, and I'm thinking I could also do with a new laptop. I'm deciding if I just want to get a T100 as well, or spend a bit more and get something with a better processor / more ability to run Unity3D and... Dota 2.

I haven't drawn on anything BUT the SP2 since I've got it. (Which is only six comics so far but still) My God do I love this thing.

So far I've only played two games on it - Assault Android Cactus (which was a biiiit choppy on full settings at 1080p) and Pinball FX 2 which runs like a dream but I concede isn't that taxing. I guess I could try putting Skyrim or something like that on it but it's not really my kind of game and I don't really have time to play it at the moment. Oh I put Broken Age on it too but haven't played it yet.

Not being a Unity user I dunno how it would go bit the GPU in this is fantastic by all accounts.

Quasar

http://translink.com.au/tickets-and-fares/concessions/tertiary-transport-card

Sucks for post grad or correspondence students and people taking 3 subjects who are still considered full time by everyone else :/

Reminds me of my current course of study at NSW TAFE. Its external so I don't need to move to Sydney, but because of that I'm ineligible for any travel concession (though its fine as far as centrelink benefits go) as that requires 20hrs a week of face to face classes.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Damn after having a bunch of weird dreams where I felt trapped inside something that's not quite reality.. first thing I read on the internet is Phillip Seymour Hoffman dying.. R.I.P.

Anyone bought one of those cheap knockoff Xbox 360 wireless dongle for PC things? I already have an official Microsoft one, but want one for the HTPC in the lounge room.

I also think I need to upgrade my gaming PC, I have a feeling the Q6600 is struggling to send the video using in-home streaming. Managed to play 4 hours of The Cave via in-home streaming yesterday though, so it's not terrible or anything.

I would've bought them off you! I love rollerblading
Eh, they went to goodwill after having sat there for a good period of time. I enjoyed using them when I did, but there was nowhere around our area that was really suitable.

Omikron

The in home streaming thing is really cool. I was playing Football Manager on the main PC, had to go cook etc, so thought I would give it a try. Worked straight away and a decent enough quality (I play FM windowed, so it looked a bit weird and stretched on the laptop screen)

Performance was good though, even the match engine was of a decent enough quality.

I only have a Q9550 CPU, which I don't think is much of an upgrade over you Q6000? Seemed to perform just fine, even over wireless.

Gazunta

Finished Zelda ALBW last night, the first Zelda I've finished since the SNES one.

I mean, I keep buying the fuckers, and then a few hours in I lose track of what I was meant to be doing and then spend half an hour wandering aimlessly around the massive overworld and then I remembered I needed some item that's on the other side of the map and then spend another half hour trying to find it and then oh well time to go do something else.

Or I get stuck on a puzzle I can't figure out or can't get past because it didn't recognise that I was whistling right or some dumb shit God damn it Spirit Tracks I was really enjoying you for a moment there.

Anyway ALBW is fantastic. Now to finally get into Luigi's Mansion 2. Damn the 3DS is a great piece of kit.

I beat Luigi's Mansion 2 this weekend. I liked it but the Nintendo hand holding was a big negative. Pausing every 3 mins to talk to the Professor was terrible. It wasn't till literally the second to last level that they let him talk to you while you move around. I think I pefered the first one it was shorter but tighter. There are a hell of a lot of collectables in number 2 so maybe Ill revisit one day.

Stackboy

I got around to watching The Wolverine last night. Urgh, too much barely plodding along story, not enough snikt.

Also saw The Wolf of Wall Street on Friday night. Didn't think it was anything to rave about. Scorcese has done much better and Decaprio doesn't deserve the Oscar nod for it.

Gazunta

That's pretty much why I really liked The Wolverine. Hell, even the wife liked it and she just watches these things because I make her.

Quasar

So...Foxtel ties up Game of Thrones so its the only outlet for it till the disc release, eliminating the timely iTunes option.

That really seems like a bright idea to give Foxtel a monopoly on the content for a show which supposedly is torrented by Australians more than any other nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom