• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Robocop was alright. It helps that the lead actor has the acting chops of a robot anyway.

Been getting back into BF4. It's pretty stable now on PC.

TheBear

Anyone know what's up with Good Game's forums? I don't visit them but I was checking out the site to find out when they start up again and noticed the forums where closed.
They start next tuesday at 8:30 for anyone interested

jambo

Anyone know what's up with Good Game's forums? I don't visit them but I was checking out the site to find out when they start up again and noticed the forums where closed.
They start next tuesday at 8:30 for anyone interested

I assume they're closed until the start of this year's series.

Their Facebook page was unstaffed for about a month over xmas and new years.

I'm just shocked that nobody, nobody saw this coming.

Not SHOCKING NEWS but still sucks for the thousands that will be out of jobs. All those parts factories and suppliers will be totally fucked now, if they hadn't already collapsed.

Thankfully my uncle moved onto other factory work before all this hit, he was making carseats for Ford in Adelaide at one point.

Kritz

Banned
*looks at job posting for Halfbrick*

*looks at next year of uni*

somewhere in life I fucked up by not developing in C++.

No more locally made toyotas?

Wont someone think of the old people?

Sucks for the people who made the cars, the tyres, the glass, the parts, the sheet metal. It really sucks when your industry disappears totally.

But at least we got the convicted maybe smuggler back.

Gazunta

I'm still mad at my 13 year old self for never learning Assembler and just staying with BASIC and Shoot 'Em Up Construction Kit. Assembler was easy, you muppet!

Edit: Although to be fair it's not like I could just Google a tutorial or get a book about 6502 Assembly from the library back in 1987.

Watched True Detective episode 4 tonight.

1368113726727.gif

anticipation.gif

dat-booty.gif

oh-boy.gif

spongebob1.gif

Al-bundy-ed-oneill-animated-gif-2.gif

satisfaction.gif

1318.gif

impressed.gif

That's a fairly accurate recreation of my expressions over the last half of the episode.
4 episodes in and it's already a classic. Can't fucking wait for the final month!

What's up, AusGAF?

Welcome! How's things! You broke my heart with that Driveclub trailer :(

All good, just hope we get some damn information about it already! Fuckin Rushy too busy enjoying being a Dad! :)

God damn. That long take shot was unbelievable... I almost mean it literally.

I'm really really interested to know what their budgets for the season are. They already talked about the restrictions imposed by them due to being a TV series but they are making 8 hours of viewing content here, still a huge investment.
And the show always looks amazing! With incredibly good titles and music.

The quality of the overall product is better than any movie I've seen this year, without a doubt.

MTV article on the long shot, not much detail sadly. SPOILERS of course.

EVERYBODY GO WATCH THE SHOW. Cods on board, make sure to let us know what you thought of Ep1.

hamchan

Yes the last 10 minutes of True Detective ep 4 were absolutely amazing.

I always loved the long shots that Alfonso Cuaron did in Children of Men and Gravity, and to see it done so well in a TV show blew my mind.

sasimirobot

So I am in Melbourne for a few nights, anybody down for some beers with a fellow GAFer and his first time in Australia? I will also be visiting Byron Bay and Sydney if anyone is around there and have some free time.

First round on me!

Gazunta

87 minutes to drive to work, fuck you Brisbane, fuck you.

All I want is to work from home making fun stuff and play Super Nintendo during my lunch break and drink chocolate milk IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

Gazunta

Dude in my fantasy life I'm drawing comics and playing video games during the day I don't think I'm too concerned about being a 'real man' ;)

Pandemic

This Gittany bloke that is getting sentenced today should rot in jail, the bastard...

The Sunday Night story they had on it was pretty sad.

legend166

Anyone here been to the South Island of NZ before? Probably going to spend a week there at the end of October. Looking at 3-4 days at a place around Queenstown and then 3-4 days in another area. What's the best other area?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone here been to the South Island of NZ before? Probably going to spend a week there at the end of October. Looking at 3-4 days at a place around Queenstown and then 3-4 days in another area. What's the best other area?

Spent about 6 weeks there 2 or 3 years back.

Milford sounds cool, thatt whole west coast part. Might make a good 3-4 day trip

Omikron

I really liked Christchuch, but that was pre-earthquake, so not sure how much that has effected things. Presume quite a bit. Place kind of reminded me of Hobart in a way (similar size perhaps?).

We drove down the east coast from Picton -> Christchurch, then across to Queenstown from there.

Stopped at Kaikoura, which is a pretty small coastal town that is known for whale watching.

Drove back to Christchurch via Wanaka which is really nice on the lake, there is a weird place called 'puzzling world' or some such there which was kinda kitsch but amusing, some nice brain teasers and plenty of visual things to look at.

If you get a chance, Wellington is worth a visit as well. The museum there in particular is great.

Stackboy

All I want is to work from home making fun stuff and play Super Nintendo during my lunch break and drink chocolate milk IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

I too live in Brisbane and commute and hour and a half each day, to and from work. I would kill to work from home at least one day a month. Sadly that will not happen in my current role, even though it would be really easy to do from home.

Sell me on this True Detective show. I have way too many shows to watch at the moment and too many wonderful games to play.

Anyone else watching Almost Human? Great show, reminds me of Fringe.

Work is trying to give us more stuff during an already full day, instead of giving pay rises, hire more people etc. they are offering up $30 gift cards, for the whole month of extra work, if the target is met. Words cannot describe.

Serves you right for driving in. You really should know better.

I finished a LoZ: ALBW (which was excellent, thanks for asking) yesterday and was casting around for something to play.

I had a look at what I had DLed on PS+ and decided very quickly that Hotline Miami and Brothers weren't happening. So picked up Papers Please on Steam. That's a lot more interesting, if a little frustrating while you learn the ropes. I can't see me putting more than another hour or two into it but definitely amusing.

I also got Jazzpunk but haven't played that yet. It looks all sorts of fucked up- in a good way.

Sell me on this True Detective show. I have way too many shows to watch at the moment and too many wonderful games to play.

Picture a slow burn Michael Mann film. Not a bad one like Public Enemies, but a good one like Heat. Some of the best cinematography to ever grace a TV series, and a revelatory performance by Matthew McConaghuey. Fantastic use of music, a script that doesn't insult your intelligence, and great production values all round.

Watch a couple of eps and see if it grabs you. It's clearly not for everyone, but for my money I doubt we will see anything better on TV this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom