• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
IUo13wu.png

New burger ingredient!

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
1 750 ml bottle of red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja reds, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
1 Lemon cut into wedges
1 Orange cut into wedges
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Shot brandy
2 Cups ginger ale or club soda

Deeku

fuuuuuuuuuu i totally just got jipped by some devious old ass woman at a videogame shop, and it took me like 20 mins to realise afterwards;__; :((((((((( ajsdhgasdfjgkdfsjg

Basically, I paid 716 hkd (actually 700 cos she was like ohhhh don't worry about the 16 bucks hun....clearly feeling bad for how dumb I was) for what was supposed to be 656 in total. She said one game was 298, and the other was labelled 358, so what she did was do 358 x 2 for the total and hope I didn't realise. And I didn't!! Cos I'm a chump! FUCK! Add to that I was already paying a 40 dollar premium for one of the games, so in total I got jipped/robbed 14 aud:(

I mean, in the grand scheme of things, whatever, but still....I feel soooo bad, feel like the biggest idiot considering I analyse numbers n shit for a living. arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhh!

On the plus side, I grabbed some Mos Burger on the way back since I've never actually tried it before. Was ok.

Totally forgot there was a MelGAF thing on today. We're all so bad at reminding when things are on.

fuuuuuuuuuu i totally just got jipped by some devious old ass woman at a videogame shop
700-656 = 44 = 6.33 AUD... So not such a big ripoff?

It's also possible it was an honest mistake, right? Of course, you hear a ton of bad things about merchants in HK, so maybe not.

Deeku

700-656 = 44 = 6.33 AUD... So not such a big ripoff?

It's also possible it was an honest mistake, right? Of course, you hear a ton of bad things about merchants in HK, so maybe not.
I'm including that 16 she was gonna charge, so 60 hkd (so 8.5ish aud). That's like 2 decent lunches she could have on my jipped money!!

Yeah it's not much, but it's the feeling of getting tricked like that. I am actually seriously/legit pissed about this lol. I'd go back and argue, but I just know it would be a bad idea.

DjRoomba

Banned
Whats with the Chris Lilly critiscm? Australia's only ever produced like 2 original talented comedy show runners and Chris Lilly is one of them! (Paul Fenech is the other one)

I'm including that 16 she was gonna charge, so 60 hkd (so 8.5ish aud). That's like 2 decent lunches she could have on my jipped money!!

Yeah it's not much, but it's the feeling of getting tricked like that. I am actually seriously/legit pissed about this lol. I'd go back and argue, but I just know it would be a bad idea.

Fair enough.

Cup of concrete and go back

Well, if it makes you feel better, I once got shaken down by a Hungarian public transport agent to the tune of about $30 Australian. Didn't even realise it'd happened until I got around the corner. They would've gotten more out of me but that's all I had in my wallet!

Dead Man

Whats with the Chris Lilly critiscm? Australia's only ever produced like 2 original talented comedy show runners and Chris Lilly is one of them! (Paul Fenech is the other one)

Can we not leave the term show runner to Americans, they need really simplistic terms like that. I thought Australians were above that. And there have only been a very few good Australian comedy shows, so your pool of talent is rather narrow if you want good producers and writers and presenters/actors of comedy material. I would rather a good writer writes, a good actors/comedian acts/presents, and a good director directs. But maybe that is just the old fashioned way :(

/old man etc

Paul Fenech is leagues better than Lilley as a producer anyway. And there are lots of people funnier than (hey lets dress up as as age inappropriate bogans and laugh) Lilley.

DjRoomba

Banned
Can we not leave the term show runner to Americans, they need really simplistic terms like that. I thought Australians were above that. And there have only been a very few good Australian comedy shows, so your pool of talent is rather narrow if you want good producers and writers and presenters/actors of comedy material. I would rather a good writer writes, a good actors/comedian acts/presents, and a good director directs. But maybe that is just the old fashioned way :(

/old man etc

Paul Fenech is leagues better than Lilley as a producer anyway. And there are lots of people funnier than (hey lets dress up as as age inappropriate bogans and laugh) Lilley.

Only their shows. For real, thats what Im saying. Them doing all the lifting themselves is a bonus.
Yeah Fenech is the real deal. Pizza inspired as an impressionable young teenager and now as a comedy conosiur in my early 20s that early Pizza stuff holds up. (better than Housos).

Dimefan3

Only their shows. For real, thats what Im saying. Them doing all the lifting themselves is a bonus.
Yeah Fenech is the real deal. Pizza inspired as an impressionable young teenager and now as a comedy conosiur in my early 20s that early Pizza stuff holds up. (better than Housos).

Pizza was ok, housos was fucking terrible.

Chris lilley should have really left the SHH universe alone. Jamie is more awkward than funny.

You know what, Thor 2 was pretty great! Really enjoyable. So much better than the bland boring first movie (which was okay). This was actually fun and well written.

I just found out that I can replace my crappy old Canon inkjet printer with a colour laser for $79.

I had no idea they got that fucking cheap.
You can get them around $49 every now and then. I think even Safeway had them for $70-80 the other day!

Want to know how much the consumables cost to replace?
Over 100 bucks!

It's the same story as inkjets, sell printers below cost and over price consumables.

Do a little research before you buy the laser, some companies sell it with a half empty toner, so you end up replacing it very soon.

Pro hint: you can get compatible toner off ebay. $20-30 and works just as well as the branded one.

Also, what Kritz said. Ignore the warnings, there is plenty of ink in there!
Yeah we get them refilled locally for like 20% of the price.

Deeku

yikes D: stay safe guys

Well, if it makes you feel better, I once got shaken down by a Hungarian public transport agent to the tune of about $30 Australian. Didn't even realise it'd happened until I got around the corner. They would've gotten more out of me but that's all I had in my wallet!
Slightly better, though i've been here for almost a year now so I should really know better lol

lol

buy me a us 3ds and rf4 plz
i'm actually really enjoying it so far. probably cos i haven't played a harvest moon since gba friends of mineral town. god that game was soooo good!

Jintor

Stay safe y'all.

Deek, shan, what's a good English language Japanese online paper I can read to get up to date on current affairs? Japantimes had a paywall

Dead Man

Watched Big Trouble in Little China last night. First time since I was a kid. Hardly remembered anything going into it though. Boy it has a cracking pace and like Jack, we're just along for the ride. Great fun.

Jack's truck.

Good man. Jacks Truck is indeed the star :)

"Win" a 48-hour Gold code in the Xbox/V promotion (that I don't want, but whatever), entered a + in my email address (which is a valid character, I use them extensively to filter in Gmail), never get the email.

Good job!

Dead Man

And what a great truck it is.

Watching Brazil tonight. Been able to catch a few older movies I've had on my wish list while being up late with he baby.

Another awesome movie. Bob Hoskins, Robert De Niro, Jonathan Pryce, Michael Palin, Ian Holm. Amazingly bizarre, funny, and sad all at once. Not without flaws (it is a Gilliam movie after all) but one of my favourites. A fine critique of bureaucracy without the draining seriousness of the Orwells and Bradburys.

Edit: In 'why did it take so long to not be stupid' news:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-07/crows-disappointed-as-controversial-guernsey-ditched/5244530
The SANFL and AFL have withdrawn permission for the Adelaide Crows to wear a commemorative state guernsey for the next Showdown.

Small thing, but a city based team should never have been wearing the state guernsey. LOL at this:

"We didn't expect the reaction we got. Maybe we under-estimated that but I'm angry that we've lost that commercial opportunity," he said.

Be angry you had a stupid idea instead of crying over a commercial opportunity.

legend166

Frontline is miles ahead of all their shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom