• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

deek you paying rent or your housing company controlled? what's the deal

can't remember if you moved to wei shen land or you're still elsewhere on the islands and that's just where your work head quarters is
office in weishen land, paying rent for serviced apt in hk island. why the question?

Jintor

hey, at least you're earning. lazing around in half-stasis cos i can't apply for anything serious until I hear back from JET is making me crrrrrraaaaaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy

Deeku

hey, at least you're earning. lazing around in half-stasis cos i can't apply for anything serious until I hear back from JET is making me crrrrrraaaaaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy
when do you know? and when would it start? you do realise if you get it you're gonna have to make an awesome blog about your experience a la gaijin smash

senahorse

Crap, put in order info for OR DK2, "please click here to return to oculus rift to confirm order", thinking oh good I can now see when I will be charged (and from that decide if I want to order one), I return and BAM, thanks for your order. Looks like I am locked in :/

Shaneus

Anyone looking for IT work in Melbourne? Think you could be interested in "Personal IT Service Delivery Lead (Desktop & Mobile Devices)"? Lemme know via PM or something, I can pass on some more info :)

PS. For all you Melbourne music-lovers, St. Lucia is playing at Corner Hotel April 8th. Cannae wait!

Don't pigeonhole that solely for DnD-GAF. That's EveryoneGAF.

Gazunta

Nicole's the only Disparity team member to go and she's wandering around the show floor showing Ninja Pizza Girl to anyone she makes eye contact with.

And yeah the new trailer is ace, I'm so happy the colour ribbons are implemented :)

legend166

I count only five. They're grouped as "at least one of". Don't be afraid to give lists if they ask for lists.

Nah, the 'at least' refers to the groups of certifications. Each of these is separate:

Exchange Server 2007 / 2010 / 2013 + PowerShell
Windows Server 2008 / 2012 + PowerShell
Windows 7 and Windows 8 experience
Operating system deployment – SCCM 2007 and 2012
VMware ESX 5.1 in a clustered environment
Administration of EMC SAN
Microsoft System Center (SCOM, SCCM, SCDPM, SCVMM, SCSM)
SQL Server 2008 / 2012 + reporting services
Juniper firewalls and switches
Active directory + group policy
DNS & DHCP
Certificate service
File servers / shares / permissions
SharePoint 2007 / 2010 /2013
Lync 2010 / 2013
Tape and disk based backup systems – Veeam
HP & Dell servers
HP desktops and laptops hardware
HP printers & scanners
PABX and VoIP telephone systems
Wireless network configuration and administration
Must be willing maintain and obtain new certifications

Anyone looking for IT work in Melbourne? Think you could be interested in "Personal IT Service Delivery Lead (Desktop & Mobile Devices)"? Lemme know via PM or something, I can pass on some more info :).
Is it an easy job that pays lots of money and I don't have to do much of anything? Bonus if I can drink beer while working.

If so, I'm interested.

Darren870

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Melbourne in about two weeks and wanted to see if anyone here was in the IT security industry and could give some job leads or pointers.

I'm an American, but have lived in London for the past 4 years. I do network security for a big investment bank and specialize in firewalls.

Any other tips would be great too!

Cheers

Hey guys,

I'm moving to Melbourne in about two weeks and wanted to see if anyone here was in the IT security industry and could give some job leads or pointers.

I'm an American, but have lived in London for the past 4 years. I do network security for a big investment bank and specialize in firewalls.

Cheers

377128_large.jpg

joking

The download version of Ground Zeroes has been delayed for a week too in Australia. Though the PSN blog update today said it was today!

And they are not revealing the Australian download price of Second Son yet, the day before release.

Shaneus

AIN'T NO PINBALL HERE, SUCKA
I'd legit be surprised if you couldn't knock one up, pachinko-style.

Is it an easy job that pays lots of money and I don't have to do much of anything? Bonus if I can drink beer while working.

If so, I'm interested.
It is, but I just realised the position's not available anymore. Ahem.

But if srsly, I can forward emails with more details if wanted :) I just know there have been work (or lack thereof) issues around AusGAF, figured I'd do my bit :)

Tex Murphy going into beta and I still haven't played any of my other Kickstarter games yet >_<
Oh, that's a thing now (or soon)? I wonder if I can somehow back it or something. Or whatever.

Side note: This is (still) my ringtone.

Hey guys,

Cheers
Ignore my job offer, I do a decent amount of the security stuff (mostly AV/client firewall) at my work and don't want you muscling in ;P

Seriously though, the role available isn't anything security-related, but if you think you might be interested in something not-security, let me know and I can flick you some more info :) And even if it's not the droid you're looking for, there may be some interest in your talents in other areas around my work.

Darren870

I'd legit be surprised if you couldn't knock one up, pachinko-style.

It is, but I just realised the position's not available anymore. Ahem.

But if srsly, I can forward emails with more details if wanted :) I just know there have been work (or lack thereof) issues around AusGAF, figured I'd do my bit :)

Oh, that's a thing now (or soon)? I wonder if I can somehow back it or something. Or whatever.

Side note: This is (still) my ringtone.

Ignore my job offer, I do a decent amount of the security stuff (mostly AV/client firewall) at my work and don't want you muscling in ;P

Seriously though, the role available isn't anything security-related, but if you think you might be interested in something not-security, let me know and I can flick you some more info :) And even if it's not the droid you're looking for, there may be some interest in your talents in other areas around my work.

Yea, deff looking for something, so wouldn't mind taking a look! Can't be unemployed while I am there. I sent you a PM.

Cheers dude.

Job hunting and moving is always fun....

Darren870

Have a preemptive welcome to Australia on my behalf Darren. I recognise you from the fitgaf thread iirc

This is real good deek
Dude is a good storyteller

Thanks!
Yea, posted in there a bit. Though, I haven't been to a gym in 6 months since I've been traveling around Europe and South America. So I've dwindled down to a stick. Can't WAIT to get back into it though. Hopefully soon enough!

And they are not revealing the Australian download price of Second Son yet, the day before release.

Just pick up SS from DSE for $69 (if you pre-order by tonight) or online from $64.98 (plus shipping). Still the cheapest local copy and don't expect the AU store price to be less than $99!

EDIT: According to OZB rep, if you have pre-ordered for $10, all you have to pay tomorrow is $54.98, bringing the total to $64.98 !!!

ANOTHER EDIT: Now the DSE rep is saying if you have a pre-order, you only have to pay $45 more because the total will be $55. Like the previous "you put up $10 and DSE will match $10" offer. Let's see what happens tomorrow, $55 for Second son on launch sounds too good to be true.

Just pick up SS from DSE for $69 (if you pre-order by tonight) or online from $64.98 (plus shipping). Still the cheapest local copy and don't expect the AU store price to be less than $99!

EDIT: According to OZB rep, if you have pre-ordered for $10, all you have to pay tomorrow is $54.98, bringing the total to $64.98 !!!

ANOTHER EDIT: Now the DSE rep is saying if you have a pre-order, you only have to pay $45 more because the total will be $55. Like the previous "you put up $10 and DSE will match $10" offer. Let's see what happens tomorrow, $55 for Second son on launch sounds too good to be true.
I'm back from pre-ordering it, thanks. :)

Ausgamers reported the $55 price for people who pre-order at DSE, $65 until the end of the month for people who don't. http://www.ausgamers.com/news/read/3423584/psa-infamous-second-son-dick-smith-price-cut

Dryk

I really hope the plane isn't under our jurisdiction. I won't be able to take the cunts gloating about how when found it when a gaggle of retarded Asians couldn't.
Posting from NBN

Tony, if you can hear this, fuck you
They're moving to sell it already, jokes on us :(

hamchan

Huh, I might have to buy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom