• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dark Souls 2 is FINISHEEEDDDDD minus three bosses I cannot be fucked hunting down properly, and NG+. Will wait for PC to do another run.

Yoshi's New Island is....yeeaaaaaah.

I should play Diablo 3 some day, especially since the new patch/overhaul apparently makes it less shitty.

Hey Gaz?

wCT0inf.jpg

DSE from Thursday!

Shaneus

GAF gold removes ads. Or it's supposed to. Don't know why some people pay $99 a year for it.
People pay for it? Huh. I just got mine when I could choose between that or being a mod. I thought "I like slumming it with them plebs in AusGAF. I'll take GAF Gold".

markot

Banned
That ps4 wont have any sony studios left at this rate.

How many people has nintendo laid off in the last year? Oh thats right, no one, not even the ones who should be!

You might even say that theyre being 'wiped out'.

But you cant cause they shut down that dev too! But without the d. and the sapce between them.

Sony. Will they last the generation?

But dont worry Gaz, you buying the Vita will be just hte ticket! That Kaz can buy to fly to Hawaii while Sony burns to the ground for some insurance scam!

Quasar

That ps4 wont have any sony studios left at this rate.

How many people has nintendo laid off in the last year? Oh thats right, no one, not even the ones who should be!

You might even say that theyre being 'wiped out'.

But you cant cause they shut down that dev too! But without the d. and the sapce between them.

Sony. Will they last the generation?

But dont worry Gaz, you buying the Vita will be just hte ticket! That Kaz can buy to fly to Hawaii while Sony burns to the ground for some insurance scam!

Someones an upset Nintendo fan.

senahorse

I am not a fan of Facebook by any means but I fail to see how this is a bad thing at this stage, there is potential for a lot more capital to be injected and greater marketing opportunities.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I am not a fan of Facebook by any means but I fail to see how this is a bad thing at this stage, there is potential for a lot more capital to be injected and greater marketing opportunities.

As you said, You're not a fan of facebook and i'm sure there's reasons for it. Some of those reasons could be put behind why something that was kickstarted, funded by the community, is now being owned by the one website that has just about all of your information if you use it.

I imagine there's something very odd about being part of someone who helped kickstart what many are saying a revolution only to then find out that it's been purchased by the big bad wolf.

It's sure as fuck a massive surprise that's for sure. I don't think anyone would have seen that happening.

senahorse

It's certainly surprising that's for sure, I just think the knee jerk doom and gloom predictions are coming a little too early. It may be the end of OR, however it may be a great thing, we need to wait and see. Also I don't blame them selling out, who wouldn't for that kind of money.

At least they don't need to go back to Kickstarter to ask for money hey!

Until the leads and Carmack leave and do their own thing again of course.

Carmack works for Facebook now? lol

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
No Maxwell news. Looks like unified memory was dumped from it and moved to pascal.

Guess I need to find the cheapest 780 Ti and just upgrade to that for a good few years.

Gazunta

Stayed up way too late sending the final Super Blow The Cartridge files off to the printer. OH SWEET JESUS, IT'S ALL ALMOST OVER.

Lots of meetings at work today.

Hardcore boot camp session tonight.

Gotta do a new comic for the site later tonight.

I'm so fucked :/

And I'm just laughing at the meltdown over Oculus. Man, I love the games industry some times.

something that was kickstarted, funded by the community.
Oculus has had a ton of venture capital poured into it already. Kickstarter was just a way to get that ball rolling.

Zuckerberg has stated, at least for now, that they'll be independent. But then, that always happens with buyouts, so I expect to see it all fall in a heap once Carmack and Luckey get jack of Facebook and leave for Valve or Sony. Probably Valve since they'll be promised more autonomy.

Yeah I expect Valve will step in and grab the team if OR starts to fall behind under Facebook. The only reason they didn't go all in on it was OR had such a great start.

First time in a while the state of origin matches in qld didn't sell out instantly. What happens when you double the price of the silver/gold tickets I suppose.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So Maxwell is only dx12, do I care about that..

I think the first dx12 games are late 2015 right, soooo that seems a bit pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom