• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

What kind of games have you managed to play on it? Does the digitiser let you do mouse like stuff easily enough or do you have to muck about with drivers and such to get it working everywhere?

The TP Yoga could do all the things you listed. I think it looks like it would handle uneven surfaces a bit better too. Normally the Surface would have the price advantage but those cheaper Yoga's make it tempting.

I have played FEZ, Castle of Illusion, Grid 2, Pool Nation, Rogue Legacy, CivV, Torchlight 2, World of Goo and Virtua Tennis 4. I have had to change settings on a few to get them run well (e.g. Grid 2) but for the most part they all ran pretty well all things considered. It's certainly not going to replace a desktop but it is a capable little game machine in its own right. If you want me to try anything in particular let me know and I will give it a whirl (as long as I have it). No special drivers needed, the digitiser just treats touch/pen input just like a mouse cursor, with the pen there is a button for right clicks. A lot of the time I use finger input (but have a microfibre cloth handy :)).

I am sure you can't go wrong with the Yoga either, I can just say I am happy with my SP2.

Fusebox

Banned
Christ the markup on comics in Australia is ridiculous. Back issues of Miracleman in the US or Canadia are between $1.50 and $3.00 whereas we're paying about $10 for the same damn thing here (and Canadia dollars are parity with Aussie dollars at the moment).

MM backissues? Have they done a reprint or something? I fucking love the Gaiman/Moore MM reboot but have only got it as digital. It is all original colouring and stuff? Me want.

Edit: got off my lazy arse and googled it. Looks like the RRP is US$6 so I'm not sure why Canada has them so cheap. This might even convince me to brave my local comic shop and get a standing order started.

Fredescu

I have played FEZ, Castle of Illusion, Grid 2, Pool Nation, Rogue Legacy, CivV, Torchlight 2, World of Goo and Virtua Tennis 4. I have had to change settings on a few to get them run well (e.g. Grid 2) but for the most part they all ran pretty well all things considered. It's certainly not going to replace a desktop but it is a capable little game machine in its own right. If you want me to try anything in particular let me know and I will give it a whirl (as long as I have it). No special drivers needed, the digitiser just treats touch/pen input just like a mouse cursor, with the pen there is a button for right clicks. A lot of the time I use finger input (but have a microfibre cloth handy :)).

I am sure you can't go wrong with the Yoga either, I can just say I am happy with my SP2.
Awesome, thanks. That's fairly impressive. I'm surprised it could run Civ V. Do you have 4 or 8gb ram?

So, it turns out that light field photography stuff wasn't just theoretical, they spent five or six years making a camera that actually does let you change a photo's focus after shooting it, or pan around (a little bit) a scene.

Sample picture (click on different parts of the scene, or drag to pan around):
https://pictures.lytro.com/charmingtoad/pictures/795243

Can't wait until these things are a decent price and integrated into my mobile phone.

senahorse

Awesome, thanks. That's fairly impressive. I'm surprised it could run Civ V. Do you have 4 or 8gb ram?

I have the 8GB version (256GB hdd), Civ5 is great as it has a native Windows 8 mode with touch-screen controls. Just did a quick check, I have it running at native res (1080P) with a combination of low/medium/high settings and AA turned off, Fraps reports back at ~42fps. Not that a high fps matters with a game like civ but it shows it's totally playable, also it was using 1.5GB of memory with a huge map selected, that would no doubt grow as the game went on.

Kritz

Banned
I opened up a crappy forum on kritz.net for people playing CBD. In less than a day there have been 150 unique user accounts created, and... about three forum posts.

I am still unsure why people are playing my game.

Kritz

Banned
game is still way too crap for me to want to start sending it to medias.

A lot of bugs that need serious attention. :(

Replayed Bioshock Infinite to remind myself how much of a mess I felt/feel it is. Super conflicting game. Could have been amazing :(

Also Shaneus did you listen to those Yamaoka tracks I told you about yet?!?

game is still way too crap for me to want to start sending it to medias.

A lot of bugs that need serious attention. :(

GET TO WORK INDIE BOY

HOPE YOU GOT A FANCY PAIR OF VIEWING GLASSES COZ THIS CRUNCH LASTS FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

r1chard

MM backissues? Have they done a reprint or something? I fucking love the Gaiman/Moore MM reboot but have only got it as digital. It is all original colouring and stuff? Me want.

Edit: got off my lazy arse and googled it. Looks like the RRP is US$6 so I'm not sure why Canada has them so cheap. This might even convince me to brave my local comic shop and get a standing order started.
Marvel finally sorted out the legalities of it and are reprinting the whole thing. They're also getting Gaiman to finish his bit off.

No Adam stop looking at xbones on gumtree you don't need one
HI ADAM

Also, 10% off PSN/XBL wallet cards. Stock up!

Holy shit, Will Ferrell was in the first Austin Powers movie. Huh.

You have time to watch Austin Powers but not enjoy the majesty of techno Akira Yamaoka!?!

Second movie he actually got some decent screentime! Yeah his early roles were awesome, he was great in Jay & Silent Bob :)

The wound is beginning to smell like almonds, which is not good. :(

Fusebox

Banned
Marvel finally sorted out the legalities of it and are reprinting the whole thing. They're also getting Gaiman to finish his bit off.

Oooooh new MM material from Gaiman!! Sweeeeet. Although I think I'd prefer this rerelease in trade format, or even a complete collection rather than singles. Hopefully they'll do that further down the line.

Dead Man

How have I never seen this before? I must live in a cave.

10170751_10152388306098554_8090996795466292227_n.jpg

r1chard

Oooooh new MM material from Gaiman!! Sweeeeet. Although I think I'd prefer this rerelease in trade format, or even a complete collection rather than singles. Hopefully they'll do that further down the line.
I talked to a couple of comic store folk and *if* it happens it'll be at least 12-18 months before we'll see the first trade. Probably even a couple of years.

Dead Man

Just bought an Asus Transformery thingy, Dicks has then 100 bucks off and free 12 months of Norton that is only available until today, apparently, just for a heads up. New model must be coming out. Still, for 500 I think I did alright.

Wow, I never noticed this, either:
4QWTitNm.jpg
jJlekmYm.jpg

Bahahaha!

Just bought an Asus Transformery thingy, Dicks has then 100 bucks off and free 12 months of Norton that is only available until today, apparently, just for a heads up. New model must be coming out. Still, for 500 I think I did alright.

Bahahaha!
I always wanted one but never grabbed it as the didnt have ms office. Now I have less of a need for one.

Bahahaha!

Nice! I'm still using my Transformer TF101, though I never really use the keyboard attachment.

Axiom

These puns are gastly.

I'm now officially single, it's probably because of the time I got drunk and asked for vulpix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom