• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly, if not all games retailers online stores have removed the PS Vita from their pages. I can't seem to buy one / find a good deal

What's more concerning is the fact that they've removed the Vitas, but there's no pre-order information or even mention of the Slim version. EB games, until recently, had a great $199 deal for a brand new Vita, with a 16GB memory card & game.

Does anyone know of any good PS Vita deals in Australia...bundled with a Memory Card?

FIFA points.
Yeah sounds about right, even if you never signed up with Origin you will have an account I bet. I had mine because I played the first Skate game on 360.

Jump into Origin and turn on the 2 step. Will make your consoles a ton more secure.

These puns are gastly.

I'm now officially single, it's probably because of the time I got drunk and asked for vulpix
Sorry dude :(

Nearly, if not all games retailers online stores have removed the PS Vita from their pages. I can't seem to buy one / find a good deal

What's more concerning is the fact that they've removed the Vitas, but there's no pre-order information or even mention of the Slim version. EB games, until recently, had a great $199 deal for a brand new Vita, with a 16GB memory card & game.

Does anyone know of any good PS Vita deals in Australia...bundled with a Memory Card?

Try Dick Smith, they had $199 bundles really recent.

Axiom

Boo :( But at least you can follow your dream of having more pinball machines than Gaz by owning at least one.

If I ever start making a decent living from design, I think getting a pinball machine is now on the doable list.

That and Wonder Boy. I saw a Wonder Boy cabinet for sale for a crazy low price as a teen but I couldn't afford it then :(

Shaneus

Yeah sounds about right, even if you never signed up with Origin you will have an account I bet. I had mine because I played the first Skate game on 360.

Jump into Origin and turn on the 2 step. Will make your consoles a ton more secure.
Yeah, but that literally had nothing to do with my account being hacked. The only console I had linked with Origin at the time was my 360 one. The PSN hack was just someone hacking to my PSN account so they could buy FIFA points to resell. Nothing to do with Origin.

Been a while since I have posted in ausgaf, couldn't find the thread for a while!

Can anyone tell me where is a good place to buy a decent laptop?

I am not too up to date on what is good and available at the moment but I need a basic laptop with office and a decent size hard drive. I just do basic work reports and spreadsheets from time to time, browse the net and download game of thrones.

I'm looking for something in the $500 range but don't want a second hand one.

Fredescu

Been a while since I have posted in ausgaf, couldn't find the thread for a while!

Can anyone tell me where is a good place to buy a decent laptop?

I am not too up to date on what is good and available at the moment but I need a basic laptop with office and a decent size hard drive. I just do basic work reports and spreadsheets from time to time, browse the net and download game of thrones.

I'm looking for something in the $500 range but don't want a second hand one.

How important is portability to you? Is a big heavy thing with a big screen ok? Or do you want a sleek light thing that you can chuck in a backpack and forget it's there?

If you're working with spreadsheets, a high resolution screen would be good, but it might be tricky to find something in that budget. I did a bit of a hunt around and if you spec a Lenovo e540 with a 1080p screen, it comes out at $754. http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e540/

Online Computer have a refurb pricelist which includes an Asus N56DP-S3010H. Full HD for $799. It has an AMD CPU though. I'm under the impression that newest Intels are a fair way ahead in the price for performance and heat stakes. Cookie probably knows better than I do about that. http://www.onlinecomputer.com.au/Refurb Pricelist.pdf

If you're firm on the $500 budget, you'll probably have to make do with a 1366x768 screen. There are some good looking refurbs in the Dell Outlet at the moment: http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/top...kship/au/en/inspiron_notebook?c=au&l=en&s=dfo

DFO-2556361IP has an i5-4200U, 6GB RAM for only $499. Great bang for buck there. "Minor scratches" but hey, you still get a full year of warranty.

Jintor

DFO-2556361IP has an i5-4200U, 6GB RAM for only $499. Great bang for buck there. "Minor scratches" but hey, you still get a full year of warranty.

Any advice for a $1000 budget laptop? Will likely be my only PC for at least a few months, I'm thinking. Will need to be pretty portable too, though I probably won't be footslogging the entire way so weight's not the biggest factor.

Deeku

Any advice for a $1000 budget laptop? Will likely be my only PC for at least a few months, I'm thinking. Will need to be pretty portable too, though I probably won't be footslogging the entire way so weight's not the biggest factor.
get a mac and be cooool!

Shaneus

Shit's already obscured by clouds!
ikpTk5wScW8Hx.gif

Gazunta

Looks like everyone is being productive at work today.

I took a sick day.

So I was about as productive as usual

In other news I'm getting addicted to writing retrogaming listicles.

So AusDoctorGAF, after you all finished diagnosing how Kritz is still alive
I'm convinced he's being kept alive by the spirit of CBD players who are eager to see the next patch
, should I be worried that I've been running a fever for three days?

Kritz

Banned
So AusDoctorGAF, after you all finished diagnosing how Kritz is still alive
I'm convinced he's being kept alive by the spirit of CBD players who are eager to see the next patch
, should I be worried that I've been running a fever for three days?

Does that mean I should keep delaying the patches?

Radgaf I am now one of you. Living 10-15 minutes out of town. It's so busy :(

I was living in Camden Park (So the next suburb across from Plympton/Plympton South), just off of Anzac Highway. Really convenient, quick trip to the CBD, but always busy and noisy.

Now I have moved up into the Hills (so fancy :p), closer to work, but still only 20-ish mins to the city via the Freeway.

Hopefully the convenience suits you, it is good to live near a capital city that isn't big enough to be its own country :p

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I was living in Camden Park (So the next suburb across from Plympton/Plympton South), just off of Anzac Highway. Really convenient, quick trip to the CBD, but always busy and noisy.

Now I have moved up into the Hills (so fancy :p), closer to work, but still only 20-ish mins to the city via the Freeway.

Hopefully the convenience suits you, it is good to live near a capital city that isn't big enough to be its own country :p

It's not convenient yet. I still work in the Barossa so I have nearly hour long commutes several times a week :( I live in Queenstown now with the bf. It is nice driving into the city on a whim and not taking the whole day to do so!
You should join us on our next meetup! Whenever Jambo organises it >_>

It's not convenient yet. I still work in the Barossa so I have nearly hour long commutes several times a week :( I live in Queenstown now with the bf. It is nice driving into the city on a whim and not taking the whole day to do so!

Oh, I see. I work in Hospitality, so whenever 'normal' people are off work, I am on, but I don't make excuses for not socializing :p So next gathering, I'll make time, since it is generally worth having me around for entertainment (if nothing else) :D

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh, I see. I work in Hospitality, so whenever 'normal' people are off work, I am on, but I don't make excuses for not socializing :p So next gathering, I'll make time, since it is generally worth having me around for entertainment (if nothing else) :D

to the strathmore!

do they still have their industry thursday nights? was always nice, from 7pm to like 7am, was industry folk only.

of course.. i didnt work in the industry... but I went there so often they gave me a membership card....

Fredescu

Ideally I'd like a Haswell cpu (ix-4xxx), a 1080p screen, and at least 6gb ram. It might be a bit tricky to get all that for dead on $1000.

I like this one http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=141164161014&alt=web but it only has 4gb RAM and 90 day warranty. I assume the ACL doesn't cover stuff sold as ex demo.

Axiom

I was going to buy Persona Arena today from PSN, it was there the other day. Now it isn't. BOO SONY OR ATLUS OR WHOMEVER.

How important is portability to you? Is a big heavy thing with a big screen ok? Or do you want a sleek light thing that you can chuck in a backpack and forget it's there?

If you're working with spreadsheets, a high resolution screen would be good, but it might be tricky to find something in that budget. I did a bit of a hunt around and if you spec a Lenovo e540 with a 1080p screen, it comes out at $754. http://shopap.lenovo.com/au/en/laptops/thinkpad/edge-series/e540/

Online Computer have a refurb pricelist which includes an Asus N56DP-S3010H. Full HD for $799. It has an AMD CPU though. I'm under the impression that newest Intels are a fair way ahead in the price for performance and heat stakes. Cookie probably knows better than I do about that. http://www.onlinecomputer.com.au/Refurb Pricelist.pdf

If you're firm on the $500 budget, you'll probably have to make do with a 1366x768 screen. There are some good looking refurbs in the Dell Outlet at the moment: http://www1.ap.dell.com/content/top...kship/au/en/inspiron_notebook?c=au&l=en&s=dfo

Thanks for the advice.

Portability is not a big issue, I take my iPad when I am travelling and I prefer a laptop over a PC at home as I can use it in bed or on the couch etc.

Full hd resolution is not a requirement at all. I'd prefer to save the cash on a lower resolution as I don't watch movies on it and I would work on a spreadsheet once every two or three months if I was trying to work at home.

I was looking around and this is what I am sort of after spec wise http://www.dicksmith.com.au/laptops-notebooks/acer-aspire-e1-522-15-6-notebook-dsau-xc7863 let me know what you think is wrong/bad with it, if anything jumps out.

My currently broken laptop is an acer, that's why I like the brand. Are they a decent brand?

As I mentioned, it's a web browsing laptop which the hardest thing it does is probably download tv shows. I would probably only turn it on two or three times a week for four or five hours at a time. All the rest of the time I would use my iPad.

I am wary of buying second hand electronics, should I be?

Radgaf I am now one of you. Living 10-15 minutes out of town. It's so busy :(

Welcome to Adelaide. I live 10mins out of town but on the eastern side so reasonably quiet.

What!!! There are adlgaf meet ups!? I'd be keen to join and meet some fellow gaffers face to face.

How much do you think EB trades in Xbox Ones for?

I can pick up a very lightly used one for 450 on Gumtree with 2 games. I wonder if you could get more trade credit than you paid for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom