• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Bit late there, Jase. That was on the last page.
CjBsJCCm.jpg

Mono... d'oh.

Watched Flushed Away with the son tonight.

Fantastic movie! Perfect to watch with the young lad due to minimal violence despite the constant conflict, no guns despite the parody of gangs in place.

Really enjoyable script that was really snappy and kept things moving along constantly.
Just a smidge of romance but not enough that the boy got bored and wandered off.
Animation and art was fantastic, outside the first scene which was oddly jarring. Once the rat turned up it was all good.
Voice acting was A+, really great all round with some hilarious timing on the jokes and delivery. The use of common human phrases to elicit a smile or guffaw when delivered by an animal is classic Aardman. Really has a fantastic tone to it all.

5/5 - Even Kritz.net would enjoy it

Shocked they never did a sequel. Feels like some of the attention hooks were lifted for Despicable Me, in a good organic way of course.

Hi Ausgaffers, I have a daughter now! She was born last week. It all seems so much easier this time around even with the complication of a toddler. He loves her though and it's so cute when a three year old talks in baby talk to a baby. Hope you're all doing well.

Congrats mate. Sounds like the same age gap as my kids. My boy didn't really like having a baby sister at first though. Loves her to bits now.

Hi Ausgaffers, I have a daughter now! She was born last week. It all seems so much easier this time around even with the complication of a toddler. He loves her though and it's so cute when a three year old talks in baby talk to a baby. Hope you're all doing well.

aww now you have a full set
you can make them fight

congrats though.

Jintor

Am I the only one hearing libs on TV talk about slashing spending?

Nah bra, but I'm striving to ignore the budget until more thoughtful analysis is out. I'm hearing people talking about fighter jets but I'm pretty sure previous government contracted to buy them. Not sure though.

Manax

Played the Castle of Illusion starring Mickey mouse (2013 remake)

Was pretty awesome and was made by an Australian studio (Sega studios Australia) which is now shut down according to the wiki :(

Anyway awesome short game would recommend (PS3 version had some framerate issues at times)

Dead Man

Congrats on the extra offspring, Fred!

If I can ask a personal question, how did you skinny?

Stopped drinking soft drink. Started riding my bike to work. No change. GP prescribed duramine (appetite suppressant), lost 3-5 month for 4 months. Started at 114kg in October, down to 91kg now.

Now the trick is to keep my weight loss going without the drugs. Portion control seems to be what my body needed to get kickstarted. Easy to exercise and eat well when I don't have to work though, a bit worried about what happens when I get a job. Cross that bridge when I get to it.

I met my dude on OKCupid. So I guess I can vouch for that site. Mostly. Lot of twats there though.
I'd suggest we hang out but I'm not very exciting. BBQ's sound more exciting than what I do.
Been on OKC for a bit, no bites, not much of interest. I'll keep it going though. And RadGAF needs to catch up too, even if it is something boring (but wonderful) like beer.

Try Tinder, it's so damn easy to use, it's a mobile app and the way it works is basically a giant game of dating-chicken, you get shown a bunch of profiles from people around your area and you basically say yes/no to a bunch of people and if you say yes and they say yes back you get a match and you can msg each other through the app and set up dates and the like.

Oh congratulations in becoming skinny and fucking handsome. :D

I'll check it out, thanks. And cheers ;)

Woo! All parental appointments are done until Christmas now. So glad it's over, don't go back to work until next Monday! Next week we have Thursday off for Cup day so another short week :)

Nothing unusual, OkCupid is the main one along with Tinder which has gotten more popular apparently.

I hear Grindr is nowhere near as good as it should be, comparative to it's social status (although as a married straight man I only have 2nd hand knowledge from some gay guys I know, pretty sure it's only for dudes too?). Sounds super basic which is shocking considering if they improved the system it would only help them grow exponentially.

Otherwise yeah, OkCupid seems to have the best success rate going on anecdotal evidence from friends.

Also congrats on the weight loss! Hoping to start DDP Yoga next week and ease myself into some weight loss of my own!

Also the best way in my opinion is still to go out to social events and have a few drinks! Expanding your friendship group is a nice way to branch out and organically come across single people in their friendship groups (worked for me!).

Maybe take up pinball!

Cheers :) Tried some DDP Yoga actually, seems pretty solid but living in a box of a room at my friends place doesn't really give me room to move very much, definitely on the cards once I get my own place again. Been doing a lot of back and leg stretches though, I think it's helped my posture (along with weight-loss of course).

Jintor

Wow Spelunky was free on PS+ for this month? I didn't notice at all @_@

Oh well, d/ling now, whatevs

/edit oh it's some kind of trial run thing with 'unlock full game' plastered on the front. Weird!

Spelunky wasn't free on PAL PS+ Jint. It was super cheap twice since Christmas though :)

DONT FORGET!

Leaving PS Plus:

30th April: Mercenary Kings
30th April: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
30th April: Bioshock Infinite
30th April: Hotline Miami (Cross Buy)
30th April: MotoGP13

We gain Stick it to the Man (PS4/PS3/Vita), Payday 2, Puppeteer, Muramasa Rebirth (Vita) & Everybody’s Golf (Vita) next Wednesday night!

Cheers :) Tried some DDP Yoga actually, seems pretty solid but living in a box of a room at my friends place doesn't really give me room to move very much, definitely on the cards once I get my own place again. Been doing a lot of back and leg stretches though, I think it's helped my posture (along with weight-loss of course).
Yeah I've moved the couch in the office out in preparation. Mainly want to be able to move around without joint pain for a start!

Gimme a break, I'm on holiday!

Arksy

Pretty jealous.

I'm growing a short beard at the moment and the best compliment I got was that I look like a protester during the student riots in France in the late 60s. The worst one I got was that I looked like a latin american revolutionary.

Either way it appears as though I look like some kind of commie. :D

Dead Man...show us some results!

jambo

Now that the wedding is done and dusted and the house crap is mostly done, I'd be keen for a RadGAF meetup!

Been too long.

r1chard

Yeh looking at it soon, brad and I have both been interstate or overseas for the last month and a bit, but stay tuned

Cool. Has MitchGAF played Hanabi yet? I got introduced to it recently and it's cool so I bought it :)

Oh yeah, someone needs to open up one of these in Melbourne:

That's the Randolph Pub Ludique in Montreal. That's about 1/4 of the games shelves in the background. Great games, beer, some food and great staff.

Fredescu

Thanks guys. Shaenus, her name is Elise. Cookie, I do miss Steam chat. I've been half considering a surface pro or similar convertible tablet so I can make use of some of my less intensive Steam library. Wouldn't mind finishing Papers Please.

Shaneus

Man, people just keep picking classy names all the time... I think the era of Typhaneey is finally over. I trust she's as beautiful as her name :)

Gazunta

Congrats Fred and yes you should buy a Surface Pro 2 it's actually a pretty good gaming machine :)

All I ever play on it is LEGO Marvel and emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom