• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

How much do you think EB trades in Xbox Ones for?

I can pick up a very lightly used one for 450 on Gumtree with 2 games. I wonder if you could get more trade credit than you paid for it.

NRpodPQ.gif

CANT

STOP

PLAYING

NO PUZZLES ALLOWED!

So fucking good. Might have to upgrade from the trial version to the full version for unlimited pickaxes! So satisfying to keep prodding my slave heroes awake in my mine. GET BACK TO WORK YOU SLACKERS.

Also rented Batman Origins. Pretty fun! Mainly been leveling up and smashin combos rather than moving the story along. All the upgrades are blocked off now :(

Is that like DDR yoga?
Nope! It's pretty awesome. I've learned what dynamic resistance is! Cool stuff.

Gawd I still remember one time as a kid taking like six GC games in to them and walking out with <30 dollars credit.

ZncZhrn.png

Traded in Devil May Cry 1 and a ton of awesome early PS2 titles for like $2 each at Cash Converters years ago :(

Rizzi

How much do you think EB trades in Xbox Ones for?

I can pick up a very lightly used one for 450 on Gumtree with 2 games. I wonder if you could get more trade credit than you paid for it.

I traded mine in last month so I could swap over to the PS4.
They gave me $420 for it, but I think that was with an extra 20% trade credit.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Welcome to Adelaide. I live 10mins out of town but on the eastern side so reasonably quiet.

What!!! There are adlgaf meet ups!? I'd be keen to join and meet some fellow gaffers face to face.
I'm on the western side haha. On a fairly busy road. I've convinced the bf that we need a quieter place so we'll be finding something better by the end of the year. It's all so strange to me, having lived in the countryside all my life. Now there are a million shops within minutes and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not yet :p

And we've had exactly 1 radgaf meet up. Last November I think it was. We really should organise another soon!

Thanks for the advice, I will have a look through this at lunchtime

I'm on the western side haha. On a fairly busy road. I've convinced the bf that we need a quieter place so we'll be finding something better by the end of the year. It's all so strange to me, having lived in the countryside all my life. Now there are a million shops within minutes and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not yet :p

And we've had exactly 1 radgaf meet up. Last November I think it was. We really should organise another soon!

yeah, if you are working in the Barossa but want somewhere quieter but not outrageously expensive, I would suggest around Prospect/Nailsworth area. This is on the right side of town to get to the Barossa, near main north road and takes about 40mins to drive to Gawler from Prospect.

If you want to go a bit nicer, then I would suggest Walkerville or North Adelaide.

I wont be in town from the end of this month until August, heading overseas to the world cup. So I am flat out now trying to get work tidied up but if there is a meetup after August, count me in.

Mr. Tone

You're living in civilisation? That's unpossible!

Lucian Cat

yeah, if you are working in the Barossa but want somewhere quieter but not outrageously expensive, I would suggest around Prospect/Nailsworth area. This is on the right side of town to get to the Barossa, near main north road and takes about 40mins to drive to Gawler from Prospect.

If you want to go a bit nicer, then I would suggest Walkerville or North Adelaide.

I wont be in town from the end of this month until August, heading overseas to the world cup. So I am flat out now trying to get work tidied up but if there is a meetup after August, count me in.
Yeah we've been looking around at suburbs we like. Quite a few in our price range that offer really nice places. Will be fun trying to get one haha
You're living in civilisation? That's unpossible!
Ikr. Bet you didn't see that coming!

Vormund

I'm down for the next radgaf meetup. That said, like gingerlicious I work in hospitality as well so my hours are all over the place.

I'll try not to be in the other hemisphere this time. :)

Yeah we've been looking around at suburbs we like. Quite a few in our price range that offer really nice places. Will be fun trying to get one haha

My dream it to own a place in North Adelaide, heaps of bars restuarants and cafes and close to town. Im a long way off buying a house there though!

Im not a huge beach person so North Adelaide would be the place I would want to live.

Dont know what you could rent there though, probably only units or townhouses. I would want a backyard so if I had to rent around that area, it would be in Prospect which is up the road from Nth Adl.

Brompton/Hindmarsh/Thebarton is probably also a good area to rent. Lots of young people in this area, becoming trendy and near the wheatshef!

I currently live in Evandale, which is close to Norwood. Norwood is also pretty cool suburb but not ideal if you have to travel up to the Barossa each day. Probably 1hr away commute.

I'm down for the next radgaf meetup. That said, like gingerlicious I work in hospitality as well so my hours are all over the place.

I'll try not to be in the other hemisphere this time. :)

Who is in RadGAF?

Jambo, Lucian Cat, gingerlicious, Vormund, and I think Dead Man is as well.

There was also another guy I went to school with but I forgot his tagname.

there must be plenty more who I have seen in the cricke and AFL threads.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
My dream it to own a place in North Adelaide, heaps of bars restuarants and cafes and close to town. Im a long way off buying a house there though!

Im not a huge beach person so North Adelaide would be the place I would want to live.

Dont know what you could rent there though, probably only units or townhouses. I would want a backyard so if I had to rent around that area, it would be in Prospect which is up the road from Nth Adl.

Brompton/Hindmarsh/Thebarton is probably also a good area to rent. Lots of young people in this area, becoming trendy and near the wheatshef!

I currently live in Evandale, which is close to Norwood. Norwood is also pretty cool suburb but not ideal if you have to travel up to the Barossa each day. Probably 1hr away commute.

Who is in RadGAF?

Jambo, Lucian Cat, gingerlicious, Vormund, and I think Dead Man is as well.

There was also another guy I went to school with but I forgot his tagname.

there must be plenty more who I have seen in the cricke and AFL threads.

FRAWDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

+ deadmeadow88

prospect adelaide is best adelaide.

prossie represennnnnnnnnt

the day they changed the 182 to the g10 was a sade day.

Lucian Cat

Edit: there we go ^^^
We also have Mr tone, frawwder and dead meadows. There are others but I'm drawing a blank. Holy check and aniseed are almost radgaffers

Just to torture myself I look at real estate in Adelaide at times.

It's so cheap ;_;

We dont mind anyone moving to Adelaide, feel free to join us!

A nice place in a blue ribbon suburb 5mins from the city can be found for less than a million still.

I bought my place on my own which is about 6km from the CBD. There is no other capital city I would be able to do that.

FRAWDERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

+ deadmeadow88

prospect adelaide is best adelaide.

prossie represennnnnnnnnt

the day they changed the 182 to the g10 was a sade day.

A mate I went to school with got 5082 (prossie postcode) tatooed on his arm!

I went to school at Blackfriars, so 90% of my school mates are from prospect or the surrounding suburbs.

At assembly, there was always a notice for the boys who were on the 182 bus to go to the discipline head as they caused trouble. And the J bus which I think went from school out to Pooraka.

Lucian Cat

Hmm we seem to have a largish collection of adelaidians. We should organise this meet up.

Alright people, what dates suit? Friday night? Saturday night? Sunday night? Weeknight?

Venue?
My vote goes for our last meet up place whose name eludes me atm.

Edit: the elephant!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

A nice place in a blue ribbon suburb 5mins from the city can be found for less than a million still.

I bought my place on my own which is about 6km from the CBD. There is no other capital city I would be able to do that.

I went to school at Blackfriars, so 90% of my school mates are from prospect or the surrounding suburbs.

At assembly, there was always a notice for the boys who were on the 182 bus to go to the discipline head as they caused trouble. And the J bus which I think went from school out to Pooraka.

Fuck.

how good is mr packer ey.

legend166

I couldn't move away from my family, which is why I'll be stuck in Sydney and its incredibly expensive surrounds for ever.

It's just becoming ridiculous really. Even to get a small two bedroom place in the lower Blue Mountains (60km out of the city), you're looking at $400k. From what I can see in Adelaide you can get really nice places for the same price around 20km out of the city.

Lucian Cat

I couldn't move away from my family, which is why I'll be stuck in Sydney and its incredibly expensive surrounds for ever.

It's just becoming ridiculous really. Even to get a small two bedroom place in the lower Blue Mountains (60km out of the city), you're looking at $400k. From what I can see in Adelaide you can get really nice places for the same price around 20km out of the city.
Or less. I'm 10km out and you can find some decent places for that price.

Mr. Tone

Hmm we seem to have a largish collection of adelaidians. We should organise this meet up.

Alright people, what dates suit? Friday night? Saturday night? Sunday night? Weeknight?

Venue?
My vote goes for our last meet up place whose name eludes me atm.

Edit: the elephant!

Forgetting the name of The Elephant is a classic symptom of having visited The Elephant. I'll gladly participate in any event that allows me to get drunk and make a fool of myself.

Lucian Cat

Forgetting the name of The Elephant is a classic symptom of having visited The Elephant. I'll gladly participate in any event that allows me to get drunk and make a fool of myself.
Of course you will :p I reckon nearly every time we've hung out since school there has been some kind of alcohol involved!

It really only clicked for me after 2-3 hours. Once you start leveling up monsters its hella fun to flip between monster mixing and whipping your miners :)

Important to note that if you tap on a hero when he falls asleep he gets straight back up mining again! Also if you flick away from the mine and then back again a minute later it seems to kick up the drop rate for items. Means you need to keep checking otherwise you miss out on items if they mine to far down!

Once you evolve the first animal it becomes a total beast lol so much fun just slaughtering a round of heroes in 30 seconds that used to take ages :)

Maybe, just maybe and I know this sounds crazy, a country this size needs more than nine cities.
Our country is mostly uninhabitable desert and something like 80% of our food production is run at a loss (either to the farmer or to the country as a whole through subsidies) because we are absurdly fond of the myth of the honest rural battler. Nine cities would be just about right for our population if we had a European population density.

Face it, if New Zealand were to join our Federation, it would probably double our agricultural productivity and sustainable farmland
while simultaneously halving our quality

Most farmers these days are high production, high yield farms out bush :(

The little old farmer lifestyle doesn't exist as rampantly as it did when I was a kid, it's all partnerships and corporations now in terms of grain farming :(

Also 80% of our land is covered in things that want to fucking kill you. That sucks!

Most farmers these days are high production, high yield farms out bush :(

The little old farmer lifestyle doesn't exist as rampantly as it did when I was a kid, it's all partnerships and corporations now in terms of grain farming :(

Also 80% of our land is covered in things that want to fucking kill you. That sucks!
That's only true in the Murray Darling Basin and around the Wheat Belt. Even then, yields aren't that high on a per hectare basis. Luckily, we have a lot of hectares.

Oh, and subsidies.

Only just now realised JJ is a digital-only station, shame I can't listen to it in the car. Oh well 4ZZZ it is then :)

It is indeed a shame. I generally only listen to radio in the car, but lately I've taken to streaming digital stations at work so I guess I'll get some mileage out of JJ.

I've had it going all afternoon and it's been decent. Mostly because of A) the lack of shitty dubstep B) lack of Aussie hip hop and C) there aren't dickheads talking at me half the time.

Gazunta

I liked it back when it was called lower case single j actually.

*wanders off to nearby farmer's market and buys locally-made vegetable oil to power his scooter*

Only just now realised JJ is a digital-only station, shame I can't listen to it in the car. Oh well 4ZZZ it is then :)
4ZZZ frustrates me in a way few radio stations can. They always seem to play 3 minutes of gold followed by 9 minutes of crap. Commercial radio, for all its mediocrity, is at least consistent in its mediocrity.

Which isn't to say that 4ZZZ at its highs isn't well worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom