• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

plufim

Finally, FINALLY bought a Vita last week. Man is the system so dead in Australia though, but I'm just raking in the sweet sweet PS+ games.

Does anyone have any ideas on good places to get a 32GB or even 64GB card from though?

Thanks for the heads up bro! Wasn't listed under PS+ discounts. Didn't even know they did a HD port!

Yeah loving the content so far. And Myf's back!!!

Oh you fucking little cunt

Why would you do this
wy8RBFG.jpg

DeathAbacus.gif

Would this be over the top as a present to myself?
Congrats! And yes if you can afford that overpriced box of LEGO! Impressive!

Finally, FINALLY bought a Vita last week. Man is the system so dead in Australia though, but I'm just raking in the sweet sweet PS+ games.

Does anyone have any ideas on good places to get a 32GB or even 64GB card from though?

Grab a 64GB card from YesAsia with NEWTWITTER3 coupon to get it for USD$97 posted!

plufim

Thanks! Haven't seen a better deal anywhere, and no brick and mortars have anything better than 16GB, and all at exhorbetant prices

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Free game with Mario Kart 8? Don't mind if I do.

Now do I get Wonderful 101 or Wind Waker HD?

That is a very hard question.

Have you played the original Wind Waker? If not got WWHD

I've not played W101 more than the demo, but it is great fun (albiet difficult)

I guess it depends on what you're after, an adventure with wonderfully fun sailing and characters
or whacky adventure with giant guns and robots and japanese crazies.

Box o Bunnies has played both, he may be able to offer some advise!

legend166

Yeah I own Wind Waker on my GameCube, but I never actually beat it.

I played the W101 demo and it was pretty good. I may go with that and buy WWHD sometime down the line.

The more annoying thing is I'll have to buy an external HDD now because my Wii U is only a lowly 8GB model :(

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yeah I own Wind Waker on my GameCube, but I never actually beat it.

I played the W101 demo and it was pretty good. I may go with that and buy WWHD sometime down the line.

The more annoying thing is I'll have to buy an external HDD now because my Wii U is only a lowly 8GB model :(

I think some other reasoning in the thread was quite good, W101 seems to be cheaper / on sale more than WWHD. so WWHD for free would be worth more!

legend166

I think some other reasoning in the thread was quite good, W101 seems to be cheaper / on sale more than WWHD. so WWHD for free would be worth more!

That's also a very good point, but how long til W101 goes out of print (actually let's be honest they're probably still trying to sell through the first print)?

Stackboy

Only just now realised JJ is a digital-only station, shame I can't listen to it in the car. Oh well 4ZZZ it is then :)

It is indeed a shame. I generally only listen to radio in the car, but lately I've taken to streaming digital stations at work so I guess I'll get some mileage out of JJ.

I've had it going all afternoon and it's been decent. Mostly because of A) the lack of shitty dubstep B) lack of Aussie hip hop and C) there aren't dickheads talking at me half the time.

Do you guys have new fangled fancy computer phones? Download the ABC radio app!

What do you guys expect out of E3 this year? Besides one big magnificent HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.

Shaneus

Double post because GREAT NEWS GUYS.

Spleunky is coming to PS4, with crossbuy for those cool kids who already have it on PS3 and Vita.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/30/spelunky-coming-to-ps4/
Wait, is that still discounted on Vita? I should get on that post-haste.

It doesn't have daily challenges though, does it?

But I didn't think Vita and PS3 versions were cross-buy? So they're not cross-buy with each other but both are with PS4? Weird.

PS. Free airing of the World Cup? V8 Supercars people, that's how you fucking do it. Greedy cunts.

Actually no, been pretty consistent over time, more just that SBS disappear up their own arsehole and the commentators you will get for the Aus games (Basheer), are awful. :D
Well, Australia has qualified for all the World Cups in the past 10 years. :p

Jintor

I guess this locks my WiiU buys to Au/Eu games and means I need to get an EU/AU WiiU.

Anyone know any good bundle deals? Or maybe I should just get MK8 first and hold off getting the actual WiiU for a while.

Awesome news! I don't like soccer but that's showing great respect to the fans. I might even tune into a few matches.

Free game with Mario Kart 8? Don't mind if I do.

Now do I get Wonderful 101 or Wind Waker HD?
Wind Waker HD looks pretty nice but I've already played the Dolphin version. Seems to have disappeared from shelves quickly though.

W101 is good. I got bored after a few hours though. Not sure if I can be bothered forcing myself through it or not. Only paid $15 for it at least.

If they were offering up LEGO City Undercover I might have bitten on Mario Kart, hard to find LEGO under $50 and I will need Mario Kart eventually for when the boy comes to grips with video game controllers.

Pretty odd they don't offer up Mario 3D World. That would be a popular one.

What do you guys expect out of E3 this year? Besides one big magnificent HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO.
Not much tbh. Lots of confirmations. Lots of indie games. Lots of Microsoft trying to win back gamers. 2015 is when PS4/X1 will hit their stride I feel.

It doesn't have daily challenges though, does it?

But I didn't think Vita and PS3 versions were cross-buy? So they're not cross-buy with each other but both are with PS4? Weird.
It DOES have daily challenges since they were patched in and it IS YOPO! So you get PS3/PS4/Vita version all for one price.

Sale ended yesterday though sorry dude :(

Actually no, been pretty consistent over time, more just that SBS disappear up their own arsehole and the commentators you will get for the Aus games (Basheer), are awful. :D

Can you mute the SBS coverage and listen to the radio over the top? Used to do that for the cricket!

Gazunta

Any confirmation for AU? I only see US/EU at the moment.

"A code will be emailed out, requires a UK PSN account and Internet access to Download"

Doubt it, but great if wrong.

Nintendo AUNZ on Twitter said this applies for them too, hey should update their page today I guess.

And yeah, I kinda doubt the Vita thing too. Thanks!

OzGameShop have the same deal Gaz, I've sent them a tweet double checking but I expect the answer is no.

PS+ stuff is up

PS4
Stick It To The Man
(SITTM is NOT crossbuy which really sucks since the PS3/Vita version are. At least with Dead Nation the excuse was it had extra/different content. Here it seems like the same game. So that sucks.)

PS3
Payday 2
Puppeteer

Vita
Muramasa Rebirth
Everybody's Golf

Also this fortnights Games with Gold title is up, Dust: An Elysian Tail
Another GwG I already own >_<
Great game, only 2 years old too!

Dead Man

Windows 8. Ugh. I thought it might all be hyperbole since I hadn't used it yet, but this thing sucks in a couple of ways that are just doing my head in. I can't make the screen turn off without the system going to sleep. Very irritating. And I cannot get the hang of the active areas of the desktop. Driving me bonkers, something I am doing keeps sending it back to the app drawer whenever I try and use a scrollbar in a window on the left side of the screen. :/

Sorry, rant over.

Fredescu

What device Dead Man? If it's a laptop with a touch pad, try turning touch pad gestures off. If it's a desktop, well, yeah, it does kinda suck.

Windows 8. Ugh. I thought it might all be hyperbole since I hadn't used it yet, but this thing sucks in a couple of ways that are just doing my head in. I can't make the screen turn off without the system going to sleep. Very irritating. And I cannot get the hang of the active areas of the desktop. Driving me bonkers, something I am doing keeps sending it back to the app drawer whenever I try and use a scrollbar in a window on the left side of the screen. :/

Sorry, rant over.
Install Classic Shell. Make sure you update to Windows 8.1, and then Windows 8.1 Update.

I'm using a desktop and can turn off the monitor and system independently. The charms menu (on the right) does get irritating occasionally. Otherwise, since installing Classic Shell, no complaints really.

Also, on a tablet, wouldn't you want the system to sleep (hybrid sleep, probably), since the device is being unused and sleep will extend the battery life?

Dead Man

Install Classic Shell. Make sure you update to Windows 8.1, and then Windows 8.1 Update.

I'm using a desktop and can turn off the monitor and system independently. The charms menu (on the right) does get irritating occasionally. Otherwise, since installing Classic Shell, no complaints really.

Also, on a tablet, wouldn't you want the system to sleep (hybrid sleep, probably), since the device is being unused and sleep will extend the battery life?

That looks awesome. And yeah, most people would want that, but when I watch a movie in bed to fall asleep it's plugged in, and with my shitty insomnia rubbish I will often wake up a couple times during the night. When it sleeps it loses the wifi connection to the media server so instead of just hitting play and rolling over to have some noise to listen to I have to restart the damn thing half the time.

I understand it is a niche problem, but to link the display time out and sleep is pretty poor, when under advanced settings they are separate. If I set it there though it still sleeps as soon as the screen goes off. Very irritating. For a device that is sold as being able to be used as an ultrabook as well and includes a physical keyboard dock, it's kind of an oversight to not allow display off without sleep.

More options is only very rarely bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom