• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get into Origins. It just felt off to me. I really want to give it another shot, but I'll probably just wait for Arkham Knight instead.

Stackboy

I almost didn't get netflix as I had to pay for another service to use it. Corporations really need to stop forcing people to jump through hoops when they are willing to pay for something.

Blame regionalised content.

Netflix's selection isn't fantastic even if it had GoT, really. Its tv shows are okay, but I'd really appreciate a wider selection, especially for cartoons.

For the price you can't really complain.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I like Origins more than I have any right to. The city itself isn't as memorable, the new area not as cleverly designed to compliment the gameplay, and retreading a lot of City's tropes (and by extension Asylum) really hurt any sense of originality. But I still enjoyed the shit out of it. At least as a video game the story is constructed a lot better than City. I like the faster moving combat even if the counter timing windows are reduced pretty massively. And the twist, while fucking annoying, I think makes a lot of sense. Like I feel they started off wanting to make the game about what it actually is about, before the twist was introduced, and then later introduced the retroactive twist in an effort to add some mystery. Like I think they pitched the game as
a proper Origin story not just for Batman but the Joker too
, and ended up hiding the latter behind a twist they probably shouldn't have.

The only real big complaint I have against Origins is how they totally fucked the "assassins hunt Batman" concept. A good percentage are half arsed side quests. The concept loses traction shortly after the game begins and quickly becomes forgettable in favour of other stuff. I wish they had
kept Black Mask as the central antagonist, Joker as a secondary antagonist that is introduced around a third of the way through and eventually becomes primary antagonist by the end, yet still kept the assassins-hunting-batman concept as the main drive for narrative set pieces.

WA Montreal are working on a Suicide Squad game now.

The twist happens what, 20% of the way through the game? 25 maybe. People made a HUGE deal out of it in prerelease threads but in the end it was not some grand thing they were relying on to be the punch-line of the story. In fact it's a bit secondary to the story being told. Batman works it out through detective-work and it's not a shock when the mask comes off. I liked that aspect of it a lot more than in other games where they often lie or deliberately mislead you in highly implausible / contrived ways for the sake of a third act twist near the end.

Jintor

I quite liked the deception in Origins actually. It reminded me that identifying people based on what mask they wear is kinda dumb

WA Montreal are working on a Suicide Squad game now.
plz stahp yeastykidz

It better be trueeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I bought new PC hardware. Little bit excited. Haven't told significant other yet. Less excited.
Ouch, hope she takes it okay :/

The twist happens what, 20% of the way through the game? 25 maybe. People made a HUGE deal out of it in prerelease threads but in the end it was not some grand thing they were relying on to be the punch-line of the story. In fact it's a bit secondary to the story being told. Batman works it out through detective-work and it's not a shock when the mask comes off. I liked that aspect of it a lot more than in other games where they often lie or deliberately mislead you in highly implausible / contrived ways for the sake of a third act twist near the end.

Yeah it becomes evident super early on that the assassin stuff isn't the crux of the matter, more the framing device for the events of the game. Side-mission status kinda confirmed that straight off the bat.

Quasar

For the price you can't really complain.

Yeah. I find the catalog good for the price, though it would be nice if it had more anime films (for anime shows well I have Crunchyroll).

Lately I've been using it a fair bit more, watching a bunch of back catalog films as well as some older shows (started rewatching Next Generation for instance). For almost 6 months it sat mostly unused. I only really kept the subscription due to laziness and inertia. Glad I did now given my recent forays into the catalog.

Stackboy

I bought new PC hardware. Little bit excited. Haven't told significant other yet. Less excited.

Feels like you should have done it the other way around.

*gives Double J a try*

*Double J starts playing the first song by my favourite band ever*

I like Double J so far.

What was the band/song?

I wish I had a small digital radio that I could connect in my car via USB, for Double J. Anyone know of a decent solution? Trying to google search "digital radio USB Car" is fruitless.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
*gives Double J a try*

*Double J starts playing the first song by my favourite band ever*

I like Double J so far.
It's not bad. We play it on the telly a lot.
Feels like you should have done it the other way around.

What was the band/song?

I wish I had a small digital radio that I could connect in my car via USB, for Double J. Anyone know of a decent solution? Trying to google search "digital radio USB Car" is fruitless.
Could you put a radio app on a phone or tablet? I've got one on my tablet and can Bluetooth it to my car if desired.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
phones not coming with a proper radio anymore is complete bullshit.

its why I take my HTC with me to sporting events!

Resogun is fan-fucking-tastic. Finally got the hang of it and started using powerups lol

Ton of fun on the Vita too. Prefer the Vita sticks for control but it runs at 30fps compared to 60fps on the PS4. So good.

I can't get over how shit it is that there isn't any free software that can just play BD-Roms normally on your PC.

I want to get one device to handle all my loungeroom media needs but it needs to be able to play my BD collection. Without me ripping it to the HDD first. XBMC looks sexy as, but I would have to basically alt-tab into like, PowerDVD or some other similar paid software to play those movies. It's doable but a really ugly, non-elegant solution.

WHY CAN'T YOU READ CDS AND FILES OFF A HDD, PS4 & XBONE?

Hey Mutessssssssssssssssssssss

Another Dick Smith saleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

12% off this timeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

X1 with Titanfall, Forza 5 and 3 months XBL Gold for $526 posteddddddddddddddddd

I can't get over how shit it is that there isn't any free software that can just play BD-Roms normally on your PC.

I want to get one device to handle all my loungeroom media needs but it needs to be able to play my BD collection. Without me ripping it to the HDD first. XBMC looks sexy as, but I would have to basically alt-tab into like, PowerDVD or some other similar paid software to play those movies. It's doable but a really ugly, non-elegant solution.

WHY CAN'T YOU READ CDS AND FILES OFF A HDD, PS4 & XBONE?

Doesn't VLC play Blu Rays?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
plz stahp yeastykidz

It better be trueeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Unlike Mass Effect's name, I don't know this for sure, but I'm prrreetty sure. Stars line up and say their next game is Suicide Squad, probably the 2015 Batman universe game.

jambo

All this time I was wondering where AusGAF is and it turns out you're all on the gaming side.

Hi.

G'day.

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax Debt Levy suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

I bought GTA5 for X360 the other day for $48 because Harvey Norman were having a "clearance", despite it being $88 instore. Staff were lovely and let me pick it up without getting a pickup email. Haven't played much yet, will get stuck into it tomorrow I expect.

Speaking of exes, LinkedIn's broken privacy controls accidentally let it slip that one of mine was looking at my profile.

I got an alert saying that she and two other people looked at my profile, but then I tapped to see who those other two people were and her name disappeared, replaced by a colleague and two "anonymous" users. Great job protecting the privacy of your members, LinkedIn!

I'm on record as saying the questions tend to scare away new posters. Let it go, guys. If you're lurking and want to post on Ausgaf, just do it, don't worry about the questionnaire.

I have noticed ausgaf has been rather quiet of late, even during the work week.

Omikron

New pc is amazing, SSD is magical. Windows 8 initial impressions are mixed, will wait to judge post 8.1.

eu4 runs like silk. even at max speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom