• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

Of all the fucking days i could have chosen to sell stuff to some nerd I've never met before outside kinokuniya I had to choose free comic book day

hamchan

Since the Clones Wars cartoon is the only Star Wars thing considered canon outside the films I guess I should start watching it.

Darth Maul's return was end of season 4.

Season 5 had a bunch of linked episodes involving Darth Maul, Jedi younglings, Death Watch, and ended with a multi-episode plot involving the Jedi Temple and Ahsoka, which was pretty great.

Season 6 fills in missing pieces between episode 2 and 3, so it should be good too. Palpatine's experimentation with clones to assassinate Jedis, Yoda reconnecting with the force and Qui-Gon's spirit, Sifo-Dyas' disappearance and Sith lords. :)

Cool, I must be a couple of episodes out from finishing season 4 then. I'll definitely make time to come back to it then.

Jintor

So did you have fun a Free Comicbook Day?

well i picked up some manga but they were sold out of hellblazers

they did have two really good free comics though. The avatar comic was really good (the free comic book day ones usually are) and so was the teen titans go! comic

Gazunta

You know another great way to read free comics

They're called webcomics folks and they're the best just the best AND they're free every day.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sooo I might have a job, filling in maternity leave, as Administration/Reception at Mitsubishi. Will find out for sure on Monday, but unless they're misleading me I'm a finalist (so to speak).

On one hand I'm keen to get back into a stricter work regime, more money in the pocket, especially since I suspect in ~6 months my housemates will want to end our living arrangement and get a nicer, more expensive place on their own. Having a larger income will help me get a place on my own if need be, and less trouble getting one with a friend.

On the other hand I'm a little apprehensive because I've been out of proper 9-5 full time work for so long. Casual has been my life, irregular hours in almost all careers, and this is far more strict. It's also a full on white collar job, suit and tie, face of the company (understandably). Again a position I've never been in and admittedly am not crazy fond of, and will need to do a pretty big shop so I have five-days-a-week worth of nice suited clothing. There's also the car issue. I don't drive, don't even have my full license, so the workplace itself is full of people/information I have no knowledge or real interest in. I want it more for the data/admin stuff than the fact I'm dealing with cars. I'm a fast learner so I'll be fine, but yeah, getting a little bit ansty about the whole thing. A part of me wants to decline, but I'm pretty sure that's nerves. I should take it and at the very least ride out the maternity leave + return contract.

Sooo I might have a job, filling in maternity leave, as Administration/Reception at Mitsubishi. Will find out for sure on Monday, but unless they're misleading me I'm a finalist (so to speak).

On one hand I'm keen to get back into a stricter work regime, more money in the pocket, especially since I suspect in ~6 months my housemates will want to end our living arrangement and get a nicer, more expensive place on their own. Having a larger income will help me get a place on my own if need be, and less trouble getting one with a friend.

On the other hand I'm a little apprehensive because I've been out of proper 9-5 full time work for so long. Casual has been my life, irregular hours in almost all careers, and this is far more strict. It's also a full on white collar job, suit and tie, face of the company (understandably). Again a position I've never been in and admittedly am not crazy fond of, and will need to do a pretty big shop so I have five-days-a-week worth of nice suited clothing. There's also the car issue. I don't drive, don't even have my full license, so the workplace itself is full of people/information I have no knowledge or real interest in. I want it more for the data/admin stuff than the fact I'm dealing with cars. I'm a fast learner so I'll be fine, but yeah, getting a little bit ansty about the whole thing. A part of me wants to decline, but I'm pretty sure that's nerves. I should take it and at the very least ride out the maternity leave + return contract.

You know what's awesome? MONEY.

Ride it out dude! Even if they hate you and you suck at least you get something out of it.

Plus dude, you get a job, then you get the khakis, then you get the chicks. Win win!

In any case you don't need to know shit about cars, your job is to direct marks to the sharks. Don't get in that shark tank bro! You'll get sliced and diced up for morning smoko sushi if you get in their way! Just smother anyone who comes to reception in pigs blood and push em out into the showfloor.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You know what's awesome? MONEY.

Ride it out dude! Even if they hate you and you suck at least you get something out of it.

Plus dude, you get a job, then you get the khakis, then you get the chicks. Win win!

In any case you don't need to know shit about cars, your job is to direct marks to the sharks. Don't get in that shark tank bro! You'll get sliced and diced up for morning smoko sushi if you get in their way! Just smother anyone who comes to reception in pigs blood and push em out into the showfloor.

Cheers dude, you're right :). Money really isn't a thing for me, I'm a happiness > money kind and guy and can live off very little surprisingly easy. But I think I need a bit of stability at the moment, and some money that can go towards productive things instead of crap.

Plus all the fancy beers.

Dimefan3

Of all the fucking days i could have chosen to sell stuff to some nerd I've never met before outside kinokuniya I had to choose free comic book day

I loved how everyone lined up like responsible people, then the doors opened and everybody poured in at once.

I had fun, scored an X-men graphic novel from the lucky dip. Had to race off at 11 though to go to an open day at Studios 301 in Alexandria (that was fun), but came back afterwards to raid kino again and Kings Comics.

markot

Banned
Working for Mitsubishi all you need to know is the directions to the nearest Mazda and Toyota dealership. You know, where they make good cars.

Sooo I might have a job, filling in maternity leave, as Administration/Reception at Mitsubishi.
Get them to put this into production. TIA.
ishot-2.jpg

If you show initiative and they're not total dicks, there'll be other jobs for you to do there if you want 'em.

Shaneus

Get them to put this into production. TIA.
ishot-2.jpg

If you show initiative and they're not total dicks, there'll be other jobs for you to do there if you want 'em.
Fuck yes Armor of God.

Jesus you people sure do love some From Software games, thread is fucking huge

Posting mainly to inform Shaneus so he doesn't find out next week and yell at me again ;)
YOU DESERVED THE YELL.

Also, why no Otogi? I want Otogi :(

Kritz

Banned
Goddamn it, somehow I've caught the flu twice in five weeks. At least I'm not hospitalised this time. Weird coincidence that both times I've gotten sick have been the morning after eating from a certain chinese takeaway place.

I might eat there again in a month's time and see if I get sick again... for science.

Goddamn it, somehow I've caught the flu twice in five weeks. At least I'm not hospitalised this time. Weird coincidence that both times I've gotten sick have been the morning after eating from a certain chinese takeaway place.

I might eat there again in a month's time and see if I get sick again... for science.

Get a flu shot! It won't make you any stupider than you already are I promise!

Rizzi

I should probably get a flu shot this year. I got horribly sick with the flu last winter, and I don't want to repeat that.

No matter how many times I've seen the Star Wars movies (quite a few) they are still as amazing now as they were when I first saw them. Loved seeing them on the big screen again.

I'm one of those odd people who like the first movie and hate the second movie, ambivalent on the third.

First movie feels more like an Indy movie or something lol, certainly not Star Wars at least.

Shaneus

Home-use only, thing is immaculate :) Problem is, I tried moving my other pin inside my bedroom and I now have to crawl under it to get to bed because it wouldn't make it through the doorway, bahahahaha

SBS picked up Fargo. Double episode tonight for those who haven't seen it yet.

No matter how many times I've seen the Star Wars movies (quite a few) they are still as amazing now as they were when I first saw them. Loved seeing them on the big screen again.

Glad you enjoyed. I hope they do this again next year, so I'll not watch the trilogy again until then. I went through the full season 6 of Clone Wars, the first 4 and last 4 episodes were the best. The rest were fillers involving Padme and jar-jar so can be ignored.

SBS picked up Fargo. Double episode tonight for those who haven't seen it yet.

Glad you enjoyed. I hope they do this again next year, so I'll not watch the trilogy again until then. I went through the full season 6 of Clone Wars, the first 4 and last 4 episodes were the best. The rest were fillers involving Padme and jar-jar so can be ignored.

Great news about Fargo and thanks for the tip on season 6.

apricot

Well...hello winter. A bit of a system shock that.

As someone originally from "practically Canada"-land USA, I'm disappointed that I now consider the temps we're currently getting in Brisbane "cold"

Unrelated, but if there're any folks in here with a 3DS that haven't liked my StreetPass Brisbane group on Facebook, that's a thing you should totally do! https://www.facebook.com/StPassBrisbane
Go ahead and like the page even if you're not in Brisbane, come to think of it ;)

We're the biggest StreetPass group in Australia and meet monthly. If any of you have been before, say hi! :eek:

Quasar

As someone originally from "practically Canada"-land USA, I'm disappointed that I now consider the temps we're currently getting in Brisbane "cold"

Heh.

I have a sister over who moved to perth a few years ago. She really can't stand the cool the east coast got this past weekend.

For me the level of coolness wasn't the issue, it was the suddenness.

Dead Man

I've never gotten the appeal of pinball...

You guys might need to help him out.

They're kinda visually similar, but even that's only really at first glance. One (RAGE) is an FPS with a small amount of open world stuff tacked on, while the other (BL) is basically Diablo with guns in first person.

I'd go Borderlands, mainly so you can co-op with AusGAF, but also because of the huge amount of content compared to RAGE.

Incredibly different.

Rage is an old school Id shooter with fast paced and deliciously chunky gunplay with an awesome gadgets. It's "open world" in that it's really mostly small and linear but it's a ton of fun.

Borderlands is a FPS-MMOlite. It has a ton of open world to explore but I find the gunplay really limp despite the fact you are constantly collecting outrageous weapons powerups.

Thanks guys, looks like the answer is... both.

Thanks guys, looks like the answer is... both.
Unless you've someone to play with, I personally wouldn't bother with Borderlands. I find it quite dull unless you are playing it with others. Rage's gunplay is great, story is a bit short and totally uninteresting. Borderlands has a fair bit of humour that I don't find particularly amusing, but I like the style. It's also nice if you like loot games, since you're getting new stuff all. the. time.

It's (obviously) only temporary until I take the legs off the thing and squeeze it through on it's back... no mean feat when the fuckers weigh 100kg+.

Disappointing.

Well...hello winter. A bit of a system shock that.

Yeah. The winter was a wake up for sure.

Switched to Nzbdrone last week and I am loving it so much better this sickbeard.

I preferred sickbeard to be honest. Though I'll stick with it I think as it does look nicer/should work better.

Shaneus

Disappointing.
Tell me about it. I thought I planned it out perfectly and everything, and... nope, it's about 2 inches too wide to get the thing around the L-shaped entrance to my bedroom. Still, that fucker's getting in there eventually, even if it kills me (and the paint on the walls, which I've already done a little of, lols).

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng what was the website that always gets the scoop on PS+? I'm tempted to hold off on Killzone as it seriously can't be far off hitting IGC can it? >_<

Maybe it'll replace Resogun as the yearly title at the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom