• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't mean literally adapt the games into movies, just use the characters, locations and stories from those games. Especially Jedi Academy with those sith tombs, would love to see more in the movies about sith lords and their origins.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

68472b84_ib1ja90mst9b9pl10.gif

The last Corporate Plan NBN Co produced under Labor projected a total cost of $37.4b. RIP MTM-based NBN "proposal". Nobody will miss you.

Mr. Tone

Clocked 2 games this week!

Stick it to the Man is fucking great. Dialogue is by the Dinosaur Comics dude, it's hilarious and droll and really enjoyable. Everything about the game is super nice and cuddly, aside from 1 poorly structured stealth sequence which threw up a red herring at me out of nowhere and pissed me off to no end. Had to change tactic under the assumption my game had glitched out and the illusion of a second win path was evidently false. Controlling the quick move/sticker slap can be messy too during these segments since it's all on one button press.
Totally feels like an old school Lucasarts game though. Nice basic platforming with super easy puzzles but it's all quietly hilarious and adorable. Really nice game overall, a joy to go through. The voice acting really is fantastic, I hope they can pull together another project like this as it radiates love and happiness in such a way that few games do these days. It's not trying to say something, just give you a quirky adventure game. We need more of games like this.
Uses the speaker on the DS4 for all the mind talking which is a really nice touch.

4.5/5

I started this one last night, really enjoying it so far. I had no idea Ryan North was involved, but that totally makes sense now.

Whoa, how did they get that photo of Kritz? The internet is a fucking scary place!

Some weirdo on Facebook had photos of my wedding on her page and tried to friend my brother-in-law. All the shit on her page was taken from random Facebook profiles. Even more scary is that everyone tagged in the photos have private profiles/accounts/photos >.>

Is Mario Golf 3DS $48 better than $0 Everybody's Golf Vita?

Do you like mascot Mario? I hear it has mushroom powerups!!!

Sounds like a solid golf game either way if you think you need $48 worth of more golf. I highly doubt it will be that cheap again before Xmas.

My impression of Mario Golf from the demo was "yep, this sure is a golf game." Can't really see why anyone would need it if they already have Everybody's Golf.

jambo

My impression of Mario Golf from the demo was "yep, this sure is a golf game." Can't really see why anyone would need it if they already have Everybody's Golf.

Well for one thing

Vita: 6~ million sold

3DS: 43 million sold

Your second scenario doesn't really cover many people...

I had to take the day off work yesterday to wait for the net repair guy... between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Fucking ridiculous.

I played about 8 hours of Dark Souls 2. I kind of don't feel like playing it for a few days. I think I overdosed.

lol I should start reading AV Club more
Nintendo released its financial results today for the fiscal year that ended on March 31—a period that coincides almost exactly with the Year Of Luigi—and the company is still struggling to get its head above water. That’s what happens when you put your company in the hands of Luigi: You post an operating loss of $456 million in a single year (note: PDF link), with a net loss of $228 million.
Among the most notable fuckups that can be attributed to Luigi’s piss-poor leadership are dwindling sales of the Wii U—Nintendo sold 2.72 million of them, well behind the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One—and a dearth of quality non-Luigi-related Wii U games. But even Mario’s idiot brother couldn’t run the Nintendo 3DS into the ground, as Nintendo’s flagship portable continues to sell at a steady clip—12.26 million of them were sold in the fiscal year. If players love the 3DS so much, why don’t they marry it? Oh, right, they can’t.

Stackboy

Also: I could never understand why people took days or weeks off for E3. It's just not that interesting to me. I'll read wrap-ups in the morning and maybe a couple of articles, and that's that. It's a nice news week but that's about it for me. I can understand people who are really excited getting up early for press conferences, but to me that's the extreme, not taking time off...

Sportsball fans take time off work and get up at ridiculous hours to watch sportsball games, don't they?

jambo

Sportsball fans take time off work and get up at ridiculous hours to watch sportsball games, don't they?

We don't get up at 3am to watch the press conference announcing the signing of a new player.

I can understand someone getting up at 3am to watch a big dota2 tourney, but for a press conference?

George Lucas stories are the best
The next day, Red Fly finally met with George Lucas, but not before being told how to talk to him. Our source says they were told to never say “No” to him, or to say, “Yeah, that will be easy.” They were also told not to mention Force Unleashed’s protagonist, Starkiller. If he’s referred to by George, it will be “that guy.” The most important rule, much like not feeding a Mogwai after midnight, was “Don’t tell George how the Force works.”

Red Fly’s representatives arrived at the meeting point early the next day, only to find LucasArts employees rushing Force Unleashed artwork out of the conference room, and replacing it with other Star Wars artworks, including the placement of Sideshow Collectibles statues of Darth Maul and Darth Talon to the table.

A friendly George Lucas entered the room and was eager to hear the pitch from Red Fly’s creatives. “Before they could finish their spiel, Lucas cut them off, stood up, walked over to the statues, rotated them to be facing the same direction, pushed them together, and said ‘They’re friends!’” adds the source. “He wanted these characters to be friends, and to play off of each other. He talked about the show Burn Notice as a reference point. He likened Darth Maul to Sonny from The Godfather, and he likened Darth Talon to Lauren Bacall. He actually did an impersonation of her. It was supposedly the weirdest impersonation of a ’40s actress going, ‘Don’t you know how to whistle? Put your lips together and blow.’”

The problem with the idea of Maul and Talon teaming up for a buddy cop-like experience was that they were separated by over 170 years of Star Wars fiction – as ridiculous of an idea as Frédéric Chopin forming a band with Dave Grohl. When this vast time divide was brought up to Lucas’ attention, he brushed off the notion of it not working, and said that it could instead be a descendant of Darth Maul or a clone of him.
Original game idea of Maul being a glass cannon Batman/Sam Fisher actually sounds great. Could have been really enjoyable to play.

When does PSN update again? I wanna play some Sportsfriends.
Last night at 11pm AEST (midnight when the daylight savings is flipped again). Sportsfriends is def up, saw it for both PS3/4

Massively important part of the event as a whole.

I would argue E3 was/kinda still is a massively important part of the game industry.

Kritz

Banned
deathjr, you're one of a kind

(I already know the full name, address and phone number of the guy who made the image, least you forget I'm a crazed internet stalking psychopath)

Jintor

my first impression of the image was how fucking terrible whoever did the layout + typography was. have they not heard of consistent font choices at least

jambo

That thread was really weird, half the people were laughing and the other half were having a big argument about fedoras.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
What would you rather, a manly haircut and a girly beer, or a manly beer and a girly haircut?

senahorse

MT won't abandon MTM, he might sell off the NBN to Telstra or the highest bidder, but this won't magically mean the FTTP design is back on the table.

JaseC

MT won't abandon MTM, he might sell off the NBN to Telstra or the highest bidder, but this won't magically mean the FTTP design is back on the table.

With the contracts being iron clad, selling the NBN is impossible. Telstra doesn't have $38b and the Libs aren't going to sell it off for a fraction of that.

Coming home after 3 weeks of 10-12 hour days in fly-infested, God-forsaken rural Queensland really makes me appreciate the little pleasures, like the option of waking up after sunrise, a stable Internet connection and neighbours who aren't loud obnoxious drunks.
Wife and baby boy are nice too.

Life is good, guys!

senahorse

With the contracts being iron clad, selling the NBN is impossible. Telstra doesn't have $38b and the Libs aren't going to sell it off for a fraction of that.

It wouldn't be sold for cash, more so, shady backroom contracts and 'guarantees', remember NBNco stands to pay Telstra a lot of money over the next 50 years or so. I don't think they will sell it in whole to Telstra anyway, just saying it's a more likely scenario than MT giving in to reason and going back to the FTTP design, oh god I would love to be wrong, but this bunch of arrogant pricks running the country doesn't make for much confidence, also we wouldn't want to upset papa murdoch now would we.

JaseC

It wouldn't be sold for cash, more so, shady backroom contracts and 'guarantees', remember NBNco stands to pay Telstra a lot of money over the next 50 years or so. I don't think they will sell it in whole to Telstra anyway, just saying it's a more likely scenario than MT giving in to reason and going back to the FTTP design, oh god I would love to be wrong, but this bunch of arrogant pricks running the country doesn't make for much confidence, also we wouldn't want to upset papa murdoch now would we.

It'd have to be sold for cash, more or less. With the spending being locked in, if the NBN is sold either a third party picks up the whole tab or the Libs sell it off at a price Telstra can actually afford and pay the difference -- Abbott and co. are stupid but not enough to think that throwing many billions of dollars at literally nothing is a good idea. The NBN is firmly stuck as a government-led endeavour, and call me optimistic but I just don't see the MTM going ahead when the latest Corporate Plan projected a total cost of $37.4b for FTTH.

Quasar

It'd have to be sold for cash, more or less. With the spending being locked in, if the NBN is sold either a third party picks up the whole tab or the Libs sell it off at a price Telstra can actually afford and pay the difference -- Abbott and co. are stupid but not enough to think that throwing many billions of dollars at literally nothing is a good idea. The NBN is firmly stuck as a government-led endeavour, and call me optimistic but I just don't see the MTM going ahead when the latest Corporate Plan projected a total cost of $37.4b for FTTH.

Given all the liberal fud about FTTH really costing 100B+ I don't know about that.

Coming home after 3 weeks of 10-12 hour days in fly-infested, God-forsaken rural Queensland really makes me appreciate the little pleasures, like the option of waking up after sunrise, a stable Internet connection and neighbours who aren't loud obnoxious drunks.
Wife and baby boy are nice too.

Life is good, guys!

Good to hear!

How's the backlog going?

senahorse

I wish I shared your optimism, I just have no faith in this government (or any current alternative [lol alternative]?) putting the country's best interests in front of their own ideologies and egos. What a missed opportunity, but, to be fair, it's in their pedigree to mess up infrastructure, especially when it comes to technology.

Good to hear!

How's the backlog going?
Beat Xenoblade and booted up Metroid Prime 2 only to discover that I have forgotten how to play. I got destroyed by some random monster while exploring and went back to grinding for stat boosting items in FFVII.

I want to see the ending to Metroid Prime 2, but now I'm thinking I'll have to use a guide. after that, it's Prime 3 and Other M.

I wish I shared your optimism, I just have no faith in this government (or any current alternative [lol alternative]?) putting the country's best interests in front of their own ideologies and egos. What a missed opportunity, but, to be fair, it's in their pedigree to mess up infrastructure, especially when it comes to technology.
I'm pretty much convinced that the Liberal agenda vis a vis the NBN is motivated purely out of spite. At this point, I half expect the young Liberals wearing hi-vis vests and hard hats to show up in suburbs where installation has already taken place to manually pull the fibre back out of the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom