• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us know how it goes.

It was alright, but had too many talky bits and not enough monster fighting.

Yeah total letdown, not a single scene that excited me. Well, maybe one scene...the
decapitation

Whoever cut the trailers did an awesome job....dat deception!

Whoever paid for gold class will want their money back.

I guess Pacific Rim has ruined creature movies for good. Hard to meet that standard.

senahorse

*shrug* We (gf and I) tend to enjoy a lot of movies others don't, so there is a good chance we will enjoy it tonight regardless of what other people think. But then again we have a few unpopular opinions (e.g. we think Windows 8 is great, we think the next-gen consoles are very lacklustre and we thought Transcendence was a very enjoyable (albeit flawed) movie) so that might have something to do with it, basically taste/enjoyment is subjective.

Rahk

I wasn't as down on it as DeathJr. I thought the scenes with Godzilla were actually great, but there just wasn't enough of them. In the early parts of the movie when shit is about to go down a couple of times they show it briefly through people watching a TV broadcast, which was lame.

I enjoyed the last 15 minutes more than anything in Pacific Rim. Wish the movie was more of that. I can see what they were trying to achieve by building it up, and that somewhat paid off for me, but unfortunately the human drama and characters aren't that interesting and that all fell flat. Imagine Jaws, but with completely bland characters. And they have a boring family at home.

It still kept me entertained throughout and there was more action than I'm probably giving it credit for. I'd say to give it a shot if you have any interest in it, but don't expect another Pacific Rim.

Shaneus

*shrug* We (gf and I) tend to enjoy a lot of movies others don't, so there is a good chance we will enjoy it tonight regardless of what other people think. But then again we have a few unpopular opinions (e.g. we think Windows 8 is great, we think the next-gen consoles are very lacklustre and we thought Transcendence was a very enjoyable (albeit flawed) movie) so that might have something to do with it, basically taste/enjoyment is subjective.
You two voted Liberal last election, didn't you?

Stackboy

From what I've heard, Godzilla is really reserved in actually showing you Godzilla. I really like this idea.

Seeing it in a couple of cheap Tuesday's time.

Rahk

I mean I haven't seen many Godzilla movies, but most of the 60s ones I have seen spend a lot of screentime on human characters just talking about stuff.
Yeah, I think the movie would have been great if the characters were actually interesting. I can see that's what they were going for, but it focuses a lot on Hollywood-style family drama specifically.

Everything about the new Godzilla I've been hearing makes it sound like the original movies rather than the more recent ZOMG BIG STUFF FIGHTING EACH OTHER!!! versions.

Considering they tapped the Monsters director for it I expected it would be subdued and human focused.

Shaneus

I said unpopular, not insane :)
So Palmer United then. Gotcha.

Edit: lol Wot_Dogs:
7LK.jpg
Fucking hell.

Yeah $65 at Dick Smith via pre-order.

Rep doesn't want to have to keep defending Ubisoft after he tweeted at me a dozen times about it.

Hey not defending Ubi, just gives me the shits when people are like ZOMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! while not reacting all the other times it's happened just because someone put it into a pretty chart. I understand the improved effectiveness by implementing the data into a visual guide so it just nags at me.

jambo

Hey not defending Ubi, just gives me the shits when people are like ZOMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! while not reacting all the other times it's happened just because someone put it into a pretty chart. I understand the improved effectiveness by implementing the data into a visual guide so it just nags at me.

Ok well here you go:

IT'S FUCKING HORSE SHIT EVERY TIME ANYONE FUCKING DOES IT, THE CUNTS!!!

Rizzi

My textbooks for Open Universities just showed up.
Friggin' courier just kicked my door and dumped them on my front step. One day I'll catch one of these lazy couriers in the act.

Kritz

Banned
Social and Cultural issues of Interactive Digital Media and Special Topic 4

It fits the course, but so far we've mostly covered web design.

Oh god now the room is arguing against the video help me

That framed picture of Yves you have on your nightstand says otherwise.
Heh, it's actually one of Druckmann tbh

If I take it down he will fucking kill me, someone send help please o_O

Social and Cultural issues of Interactive Digital Media and Special Topic 4

It fits the course, but so far we've mostly covered web design.

Oh god now the room is arguing against the video help me

Hard to justify arguing AGAINST the video, more to discuss how she misconstrued some context and more importantly twisted some stuff to fit the overhead narrative.

She missed a lot of points and argued some poor ones but it was great to start the conversation.

Kritz

Banned
Well now we're watching Extra Credits so we'll see if the argument changes from targeting anita and her game examples, to the arguments themselves~ :D

Gazunta

That's... actually kinda tempting.

MUST HOLD STRONG AND WAITING FOR MARVEL

Plus I can't stand seeing what they did to Cynder :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom