• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiom

I want to play Transistor on my PS4, I'm just in that stage of the console life-cycle where I want excuses to get on my couch and watch 1080p games on a big screen,

I imagine it'll be like 360 where later, I regret not having them all on PC, but at that point I could probably buy them all for less than a song on PC anyway.

I will not pay $30 for Transistor though, I felt Octodad was pushing it already.

Shaneus

So glad I'm using a US account now.
I have both, I'm tempted just to load up credit on my US PSN. Thankfully there's no PS+ discount so I'm not really missing out on all that much. That, and DLC isn't a big talking point of Transistor, so having a main account on AU and lesser one on US isn't a big deal.

Splitting games across accounts isn't a big deal to me, it's only when it involves Vita really. Thankfully with Amazon's easy-purchase PSN credit, it's less of an issue. Does anyone know if we can use an AU Paypal account to buy credit on a US account?

That thread is breaking my God damn heart with jealousy. Holy FUCK :O
Yeah, I've only read the first page... but holy freaking shit, how can someone fall into such a windfall like that? And how does an entire floor of a building full of arcade machines become completely abandoned/forgotten since the 90s?!?

Stackboy

Check your PS3! Annoying way to send it out but yeah, I noticed it like 10 days after they sent it, didn't show up as an unread message lol

You just hit a button in the message and boom, $10!

I found this too, they sent me the message straight away but it didn't register as a new message. Only found it a few days later.

Sounds like Giant Bomb is expanding. The internet is wailing about Vinny moving to NYC, but I see it as good news. Change is good.

Quasar

Transistor is $28 for us. Go go Australia tax I guess.

Well its more like the EU Tax. Though we are paying less than mainland EU. Its £14.99/€18.99/AU$27.95.

Being part of Sony EU really is a pain in the arse. I wonder if being part of Sony US would give us a better outcome. We should be paying around 24$

Deeku

The GB news was a real bummer cos I only care about Vinny. I'm kinda with some of the people that are saying they're done with GB...:/

Sounds like Giant Bomb is expanding. The internet is wailing about Vinny moving to NYC, but I see it as good news. Change is good.

I've never really been into Giant Bomb aside from their E3 coverage but I really enjoy Vinny so I will definitely check out his work at the new office.

Patrick & Vinny are the two I really like to listen/read. Jeff less so but I can still gain some enjoyment from his stuff, everyone else I could ignore.

Shaneus

That's interesting about GB. I thought the consensus was that they just weren't enthusiastic about a lot of games anymore. Then again, there's genuinely not a lot of gaming websites I pay much attention to anymore. GAF is literally my only source of gaming news these days (and some of the people on it, hi Rep!).

Kritz

Banned
ausgaf steam chat in particular has a pretty decent gaggle of giant bomb chucklefucks.

I'm super bummed that vinny's leaving the podcast. I'm not sure if I'll even have time to listen to the possible New York podcast. I'm finding it hard to keep up with even just GB+Thumbs these days.

I wonder what Rich Gallup is up to.

Gazunta

I don't get why people are volunteering to help clean stuff for him to make money. *shrugs*

Mainly because making sure these machines are properly preserved and get a good home is more important to some people than money. Like, how people volunteer at an animal welfare shelter even though
some of
the kittens get sold anyway. Well, that's how I look at it anyway.

OH HEY I made a comic about Earthbound:

hamchan

The GB news was a real bummer cos I only care about Vinny. I'm kinda with some of the people that are saying they're done with GB...:/

He's not gone from the site! You'll still get your Vinny goodness, he'll just be solo or with Alex for most of it. I'll be honest, I think solo Vinny will still be more entertaining than their other content.

for various reasons, I accelerated my plans to play Wolfenstein by grabbing it off US PSN. It took 1 hour to download the game and nearly 2 hours to get the patch.

Thirst is real

has anyone else watched The Writer's Room shows on Netflix? they're pretty cool if you're into how shows are made.

Mainly because making sure these machines are properly preserved and get a good home is more important to some people than money. Like, how people volunteer at an animal welfare shelter even though
some of
the kittens get sold anyway. Well, that's how I look at it anyway.

OH HEY I made a comic about Earthbound:

But he's selling them, for himself, not a charitable cause. I'm just being cynical. That and how it wasn't me that was offered a whole floor of video games for free.

Shaneus

I never played a Tropico game ever, despite owning possibly all of them (except 5).

So, this was a funny thing I saw on imgur a few days/weeks ago, made me laugh:
H2Ww1Jul.png

So doing that at PAX.

Quasar

He's not gone from the site! You'll still get your Vinny goodness, he'll just be solo or with Alex for most of it. I'll be honest, I think solo Vinny will still be more entertaining than their other content.

I wonder if this will mean Vinny will join the Scoops and the Wolf hangout.

Rizzi

Well now I'm friggin' confused.
So I ordered some text books for my open universities course last week, I got an email from Toll with the tracking link and they showed up the next day.
I got the same email again today, for what looks like the same package with a different tracking link saying it was shipped this afternoon. I did not order anything else.

but only eight gig? i expect I'll be buying a lot of d/l games...

My 32gb one is a little over half full with like ten Virtual Console games and ten other eShop (non-retail) releases.

If you're going to be doing much downloading on Wii U, you'll probably need to hook up an external anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom