• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was in a period on not feeling like much gaming, turns out inFamous is just a teeny bit overrated by us who are desperate for next gen experiences.

Wolfenstein is the tits.

Fredescu

edit, nm, found it.

For content, my Yoga thing is cool. I was playing Civ V on and it and runs very well. I tried Papers Please too and that runs well as expected, so now it runs 100% of the games that I was hoping for.

Based on the excitement from last night I would rank the X-films as follows:

X2 > DoFP > First Class > X1 >>>> The rest.

I'll rank DoFP higher than X2 even. Singer outdid himself with this one. A superhero movie that has less amount of action than any other movie but still keeps you interested throughout the runtime is an amazing feat.

Also, that scene with
Quicksilver
is just priceless.

Tickets have been booked for tomorrow! Is it worth watching any of the previous ones beforehand?

Maybe I should watch First Class.

Edit: I should watch First Class.

You should, otherwise some things in DoFP may not make sense. In fact, you need to watch X3 as well. How different/good X3 might have been if Singer had directed it. :/

Post credits scene in DoFP is at the very end of the credits, gotta sit through the lot if you want to watch it.

I'll rank DoFP higher than X2 even. Singer outdid himself with this one. A superhero movie that has less amount of action than any other movie but still keeps you interested throughout the runtime is an amazing feat.

Also, that scene with
Quicksilver
is just priceless.

It's good to have Singer back at his best.

Quicksilver
stole the show for me. So bloody good.
Shitty costume aside.

Oh and I loved
Blink also. Even if she wasn't in it a hell of a lot. What they did with the portals was cool.

Oh cool, an Aus community... :D FNQ-GAF reporting in. And I'm off to see Days of Future Past tonight. If it's anywhere near as good as X-2 then I'm going to have a great time.

Rizzi

Sooo, my text books showed up this morning.
Again.
Turns out instead of reimbursing me for them, my JSA decided to order them again.
*sigh*

Dead Man

First augmented reality thing that I have used and thought I may resuse. And it's free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.questvisual.wordlens.demo

http://www.techrepublic.com/article...-translation-app-word-lens-and-makes-it-free/

Google has purchased Word Lens, an impressive app that translates foreign languages in real time using the iPhone and Android smartphone built-in camera. It's now free for a limited time.

Back in 2010, a company called Quest Visual debuted a little app called Word Lens. It scarcely seemed possible, but the app translated a number of different languages in real time using just the smartphone's camera. When traveling in a foreign country, Word Lens users would simply hold the phone up to a sign and the camera would immediately translate it.

Currently, users can translate between English and Portuguese, German, Italian, French, Russian, and Spanish.

It's easy to see why Google would want to own it -- its stated mission is to make all the world's information searchable in any language -- and Google Translate generally does this quite well, at least for web pages.

With Word Lens, iPhone users can translate the world. Apple even featured the app in its recent "Powerful" television ad for the iPhone 5s, and it's obvious why.

Even better, it doesn't require a connection to the internet, which is another benefit for business travelers.

Word Lens isn't perfect. It has trouble with particularly stylized text or handwriting, and the translations will make occasional mistakes. However, most of the time, it will at least get the point across.

word-lens-hero.png

You do have to know what language the text is in, but it seems to do an interesting job. And hey, free.

Shaneus

Um, so Conan played Watch_Dogs. It looks pretty good, actually.

I don't know what's up with the underscore, though. If it was for the web, maybe (like a URL), but it would've been so much better if they rocked DOS 8.3 and called it WATCH_~1.
Sequel would obviously be WATCH_~2.

Dead Man

Yeah, but you also had that shit Windows Phone. Like a person winning at the special olympics. You might win, but you're still missing two legs and a girlfriend.

Heh.

Um, so Conan played Watch_Dogs. It looks pretty good, actually.

I don't know what's up with the underscore, though. If it was for the web, maybe (like a URL), but it would've been so much better if they rocked DOS 8.3 and called it WATCH_~1.
Sequel would obviously be WATCH_~2.

WATCH_~1.BAT Perfect.

Gazunta

Otavio Good used to hang out on #vidgames back in the day, and even back then he was talking about what would end up becoming his Word Lens. So proud of the guy :) You watch Google integrate this into Google Glass in the next version.

Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel tonight. It's a cool movie. I'm clearly up to date with the latest releases; actually, I opted to see that over X-Men, and think I made a good choice.

Kritz

Banned
Budapest Hotel was fantastic. I might even go and see it again tomorrow at the state.

Life Aquatic is still my favourite Anderson film, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom