• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

Bought a kindle today. They sell imported japanese versions here, so 4gb storage plus no ads and slightly cheaper so woooo!!!

Probably should get a little cover/case thingo cos it might be awkward just carrying it around without one.

wonzo

Banned
For local options, Games Empire is the first place I'd recommend. Their prices are excellent and their customer service is top notch.

Unhalfbricking has more niche titles than most, last time I checked, though their prices aren't as competitive. It's a one man operation, but he's quite good and I have no problem recommending buying from there.

Good Games are fine and I have had no issues with them. Their prices are quite standard, but it gives you another place to look if you're not having much luck finding something elsewhere. They handle distribution for a lot of traditional gaming products in this area throughout Australia, so many of the other shops that are cheaper than Good Games are supplied by them.

The Combat Company is more focused on miniatures gaming and associated hobby products, but they do stock some (very few) board and card games. If they happen to have one of the games you are after, you will receive excellent service. Their order fulfilment is unmatched by any other company I have dealt with. Free postage over $100 too.

I'd cut off my left arm before dealing with Milsims ever again; Games Paradise would cost me my right. If you can buy from any store other than these places, do so.
I'll certainly take your advice on Milsims and Games Paradise. Cheers!

Danoss

Probably should get a little cover/case thingo cos it might be awkward just carrying it around without one.

I got one the same as this from an Aussie seller, because I wanted it sooner rather than cheaper. Fits the Kindle nicely and the auto-wake/sleep works perfectly. More expensive cases are probably nicer, but this does the job nicely.

The added heft is an improvement on the naked kindle in my opinion. It keeps the screen safe too, you definitely don't want anything bad happening to it.

Dimefan3

Can anyone recommend any cool local t-shirt sites similar to Red Bubble? Would like to order one for Supanova in a few weeks, but I'm worried if I order from a US store it might not arrive in time. Or should I just order and hope for the best?

Deeku

I got one the same as this from an Aussie seller, because I wanted it sooner rather than cheaper. Fits the Kindle nicely and the auto-wake/sleep works perfectly. More expensive cases are probably nicer, but this does the job nicely.

The added heft is an improvement on the naked kindle in my opinion. It keeps the screen safe too, you definitely don't want anything bad happening to it.
Yeah that looks exactly the thing I'd wana get. Gonna see if I can find something similar in local shops.

Just bought one of these, thanks Danoss! Cheap and I'm in no rush to use it.

Just took my 12 year old Daughter to see The Pixies at The Sydney Opera House! One of the best Pixies gig I've been to, even without Kim Deal. They seemed happy and were having fun, which they most definitely did not seem to be having the last time I saw them in 2007. Kim's replacement is pretty good, didn't do Gigantic though which was a shame. My daughter loved it, she's only been to see Taylor Swift prior to this, so it was a bit of a change. But she liked it "He's got amazing vocal range and that guitarist is brilliant".

It's great going to gigs of old bands, everyone's middle aged and really polite!

Stackboy

Seeing Godzilla tonight, pretty hyped.

Played a bunch of Diablo 3 over the weekend. Adventure mode has a great carrot on a stick feel to it. Anyone else still playing?

After reading through this thread, we are concerned considering that the street date for this game is in two days in the US, three days elsewhere (and tomorrow night for Origin). I'm not going to single anyone out at this point, but the sheer volume of people who claim to have purchased the physical version of the PC release early is suspicious enough that I am going to ask everyone who has posted their own screenshots and performance impressions to please post photographic evidence of ownership of the game.

Please do not continue to post impressions in this thread before doing so.

Haha.

What are the good sites to compare flights and accommodation in Aus?

Skyscanner for flights.

Skyscanner is a brilliant app, started using it recently.

As for accommodation, the tripadvisor app is decent and ratestogo seem to have lots of deals on various types of accommodation.

Although I use Departure Lounge to book accommodation most of the time, you get good quality Breakfree and Mantra properties at discounted rates.

Right at the very end of Wolfenstein, will finish it off tonight. What a great game it has been, my favourite FPS in a while.

Totally loving it, played up to chapter 8. I'm spending over an hour, if not more, in each chapter just trying to experiment with weapons, unlock perks and get a taste of both stealth and assault scenarios. Uber difficulty is pretty easy.

Did anyone unlock the easter egg?
Original Wolfenstien game

Rizzi

Played a bunch of Diablo 3 over the weekend. Adventure mode has a great carrot on a stick feel to it. Anyone else still playing?

I played a little of it, but I could only get so many items with dexterity on them before I got annoyed and stop playing.

lexi

Banned

I kinda stopped, it was really sudden too, I had just gotten my Tal Rasha 3 piece and all of a sudden my desire to play disappeared.

Wildstar is my new hotness.

jambo

I've been meaning to get back in to it. Stopped when the wedding and honeymoon happened and just didn't start again when we got back.

I spent yesterday and today trying to beat Infamous SS. I'm on the last mission.
I really don't rate it much above 'okay,' possibly even 'mediocre.' It's a lot more of a chore than the first two were.

It's a 2nd rate Crackdown. How good would Crackdown in
900p
be?
I enjoyed the first two infamous games way more. But I just want to beat it so I can concentrate on enjoying Wolfenstein and ignoring Watch-Dogs for a couple of weeks.

Axiom

I've been trying to find some decent deals on Murdered: Soul Suspect on PS4

I want to support the game, but I also know it won't stay full price for long and I could get it so much cheaper on PC. The conflict!

I spent yesterday and today trying to beat Infamous SS. I'm on the last mission.
I really don't rate it much above 'okay,' possibly even 'mediocre.' It's a lot more of a chore than the first two were.

900p
be?
I enjoyed the first two infamous games way more. But I just want to beat it so I can concentrate on enjoying Wolfenstein and ignoring Watch-Dogs for a couple of weeks.

The story mode feels like it could have been a little longer and the game is hurting for meaningful side content. Powers are fun to use but each power set is too similar to the others, like you got given four albums to listen to but three of them are just cover versions of the first by different artists. The last power set comes too late for you to get any use out of. I mean, yay, I can do shitty repetitive busywork using concrete powers now! Who gives a fuck.

Quasar

900p
be?

I liked it more that the other Imfamouses. But I guess prettier and more streamlined appealed to me more than you. And I always liked them more than both crackdown and prototype.

Quasar

I'd cut off my left arm before dealing with Milsims ever again; Games Paradise would cost me my right. If you can buy from any store other than these places, do so.

I can't say I've ever had real trouble from milsims, though its been a long time since I'd used them. Like maybe 5-6 years. Mostly when it was just easier/cheaper to accept their prices rather than pay for foreign shipping etc for games. Of course I mostly just used them from RPGs (and further back computer games).

Shit

I don't even want the game and this is tempting me for some reason.

I need to not have any money so I can stop being tempted to buy things I don't want.

Same here, I was going to wait a month for a price drop, but might as well get it on PS4 for $54 now. Will easily be able to sell it on gumtree in few weeks for all my money back :)

Watch Dogs $54 from Target - PS3, PS4, Xbone and 360.
Note: Only if the coupon works tomorrow and you have to wait 5-10 days for Target to send a copy out to a store you designate to pickup from.
Rep needs to step his game up. For that price I'm tempted, though not tempted enough to buy it for ps3. If I had a ps4/xbone it'd be a instabuy.

Hey, I posted it on Twitter! Can't clog up AusGAF with my constant bargain posts ;)

Mainly didn't post here because you have to wait 2 weeks for it tbh

Rizzi

Gods, I fucking hate Assassins Creed IV.
When it's not forcing you to go sailing which is terrible and controls like arse, it's making me eavesdrop on people.
I don't understand how people like this.

Note: Only if the coupon works tomorrow and you have to wait 5-10 days for Target to send a copy out to a store you designate to pickup from.

Hey, I posted it on Twitter! Can't clog up AusGAF with my constant bargain posts ;)

Coupon works now, no reason for it not to work tomorrow.

Click and collect timings are usually a day or two. Either way, I'm not fussed about having it on day one, wasn't going to buy it in the first place.

Gods, I fucking hate Assassins Creed IV.
When it's not forcing you to go sailing which is terrible and controls like arse, it's making me eavesdrop on people.
I don't understand how people like this.

Odd, found the controls perfectly fine. Way better than they were in AC3.

I hate the sailing. I really hope it's not in the next game.

Why? I spent a lot of time just sailing around doing random stuff - harpooning whales, taking on multiple ships, salvaging materials for upgrades, etc. Didn't bother with the story for the first few days of play.

Ended up having a pimped out ship and breezed through the story missions with ease. Try taking out man'o'war's and the legendary ships, that was the best part.

Jintor

I had a nap this afternoon but failed to realise I was dreaming for the entirity of the dream. That shit is terrifying. Tiny problems become magnified and you feel like you're in the most plausible scenarios when on reflection they're truly ridiculous.

All I can remember is that a) my laptop was continually getting some kind of russian virus that didn't render it unusable but did render it shit, b) I visited some kind of Japanese heritage museum and c) I 'killed' a lot of people who were trying to kill me in some kind of Hitman-style thing and was trying to find my way out of the museum which was unaccountably some kind of videogame level

Also in my dream Australian politics still sucked balls

Rizzi

I dunno, I hate how slow the ship turns.
And yes, I know ships aren't known for their cornering abilities. It just annoys me when I'm trying to get a shot off at someone and I can't actually aim near them.

What's your twitter?

Darren870

Started my job last Wednesday. Had an interview today with another company. At first I wasn't going to go but I figured I would see what they had to offer.

They said I got the job and it will be about 40% more then what the other is offering.

Yea...gonna wind up quitting in a week. Feel kinda bad about it and an ass, but money talks in the end.

Pretty great! Much shorter lines than the last time I went (2012), and a good selection too. Only problem that I bought too many tokens (bought in advance for samples, food and beers) and so had to use them all... a few too many drinks were imbibed as a result.

I should have posted here before. I actually was working (volunteering) there on Saturday morning. Probably saw me scanning tickets and letting people in at the beginning. Then enjoyed the night session with my gf and a few other people. Was a really good event, probably had about 40+ beers as well :D

Started my job last Wednesday. Had an interview today with another company. At first I wasn't going to go but I figured I would see what they had to offer.

They said I got the job and it will be about 40% more then what the other is offering.

Yea...gonna wind up quitting in a week. Feel kinda bad about it and an ass, but money talks in the end.

I should have posted here before. I actually was working (volunteering) there on Saturday morning. Probably saw me scanning tickets and letting people in at the beginning. Then enjoyed the night session with my gf and a few other people. Was a really good event, probably had about 40+ beers as well :D

Money does indeed talk. Is it contracting work?

lexi

Banned
What a joke that watch dogs PC performance thread has become. Looking forward to needing to post movie stubs, book receipts etc for any topic I want to talk about; how Orwellian.

ISF3Qib.png

Proof that I own this book therefore I am legally allowed to make that reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom