• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
They Live is so good.

Now watch The Thing! Then Escape from New York! Then Assault on Precinct!

Yup I just dropped him, I didn't catch the whole thing though so I don't think I'm spoiled >_<

Caught The Thing at the same time as Big Trouble. I've seen the Escapes before but I've only seen the remake of Assault on 13.

Next up I'm thinking Starman.

Well, I ended up buying Watch_Dogs and Wolfenstein for PS4 last night, for a grand total of *Drumroll* $26.12 :D

I have started both, briefly, and have today off work; so begins my decent into madness.

Jintor

Still tossing up over whether to buy that EB WiiU deal (SUCH GOOD VALUE) or just grab a copy of MK8 + game by its lonesome...

Someone convince me

EDIT: Also Watch Dogs is great. Runs great on PS4 too, no real issue with frame rate which was my main concern. Game is a lot better than I expected.

Well, I ended up buying Watch_Dogs and Wolfenstein for PS4 last night, for a grand total of *Drumroll* $26.12 :D

I have started both, briefly, and have today off work; so begins my decent into madness.
Wat, how so cheap!?

Still tossing up over whether to buy that EB WiiU deal (SUCH GOOD VALUE) or just grab a copy of MK8 + game by its lonesome...

Someone convince me

Region locking.

Oh wait.

It will have Bayonetta on it. Some people like that game. Consider it the NINTENDO TENT POLE FRANCHISE MACHINE 2012 PLUS BAYONETTA2 device.

You can say it's only one or two games a year. Mario 3D world, DKCR TF, Lego City, Wind Waker HD justify the purchase. And I have no interest in Bayonetta, W101, Smash Bros or Mario Kart.

I've played the Wii U about the same as my PS4 since the PS4 launch.

yeah and E3 just two weeks off, worth waiting.

Wat, how so cheap!?

Somewhat elaborate planning on my part :p

I had a few games to trade in (EB Games member and all that), one of which is Pikmin 3 physical (as I will be getting the free digital copy with Mario Kart 8), another was AC4 (which I got from JB Hi-Fi with a Christmas voucher). After the trade ins + bonus member credit, I got the guy to price match Dick Smith for both games (so $69 each).

radaxian

Why is it so hard to find a y-cable for my portable hdd to use on my Wii U?

I know Nintendo recommends an externally powered drive but it seems like such a pain and waste of power to set this up. A y-cable might get the drive working when playing games but I've read some reports that even then a portable drive is a bad idea because the Wii U doesn't properly power the drive when doing background downloads/updates, and may fail to do these and stall.

I got a Wii U basic in the DSE sell off last year and will hit the storage limit when redeeming the MK8 game. Given most games are only a few GB a 32Gb USB thumb drive still seems like a good solution. I know they recommend against this also but it seems odd given the internal storage is clearly flash based. Has anyone gone down this path?

Stackboy

Finding Watch Dogs to be good, not great. I am an open world fiend and tend to get into all of them. But Watch Dogs is just a standard open world game. Like rep said, I'm sure Ubisoft will do better things with Dawgs 2.

Oh and I thoroughly enjoyed GTA5, finished the campaign the other day and now I'm really getting into the online.

It's fun to enjoy things, guys!!

legend166

I know Nintendo recommends an externally powered drive but it seems like such a pain and waste of power to set this up. A y-cable might get the drive working when playing games but I've read some reports that even then a portable drive is a bad idea because the Wii U doesn't properly power the drive when doing background downloads/updates, and may fail to do these and stall.

I got a Wii U basic in the DSE sell off last year and will hit the storage limit when redeeming the MK8 game. Given most games are only a few GB a 32Gb USB thumb drive still seems like a good solution. I know they recommend against this also but it seems odd given the internal storage is clearly flash based. Has anyone gone down this path?

Yeah I want to know this as well. I think I'll create a thread on Gaming to find out.

Dick Smith sale items.

DS4 for $56 plus postage.
AC4 Black Flag, BF4 and FIFA14 on PS4 are $47.50 plus postage

Somewhat elaborate planning on my part :p

I had a few games to trade in (EB Games member and all that), one of which is Pikmin 3 physical (as I will be getting the free digital copy with Mario Kart 8), another was AC4 (which I got from JB Hi-Fi with a Christmas voucher). After the trade ins + bonus member credit, I got the guy to price match Dick Smith for both games (so $69 each).
Nice timing! I really should sell off some games at some point.

AusPost also has a 16GB stick for $10 atm

klee123

Anyone have any recommendations for a mobile provider?

I've been using Exetel for years and now and until recently, they've decided to change their plans to "4G" and have advised me that my current existing plan is about to expire.

The plan I was using was $15 a month and the new equivalent plan now costs $30 per month which is way more than what I'm prepared to pay.

I checked a few other sites and the plans are pretty much the same ballpark in terms of cost.

Dead Man

When did Victoria become Florida?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-female-best-friends-attend-deb-ball-together

A Victorian public school is refusing to allow a female student to take another girl as her date to a debutante ball, despite the school being a signatory to the state&#8217;s anti-homophobia Safe Schools Coalition.

Justin Prewett says his 17-year-old daughter, Kiana, has been told by authorities at Ballarat&#8217;s Mount Clear College she is not permitted to bring her best friend, Imogene, to the school&#8217;s year 11 debutante ball in August.

The school council, made up of students, the principal, staff and members of the public, has ruled against Kiana taking another girl because it is &#8220;deemed not traditional&#8221;, Prewett says.

Pathetic. Hope somebody gets roasted over that.

Edit: Fuck it, made a thread - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826486

senahorse

ruled against Kiana taking another girl because it is &#8220;deemed not traditional&#8221;, Prewett says.

Goddam that tired old argument. With the way government funding is headed, expect this type of thing to get worse before better.

Darren870

Anyone have any recommendations for a mobile provider?

I've been using Exetel for years and now and until recently, they've decided to change their plans to "4G" and have advised me that my current existing plan is about to expire.

The plan I was using was $15 a month and the new equivalent plan now costs $30 per month which is way more than what I'm prepared to pay.

I checked a few other sites and the plans are pretty much the same ballpark in terms of cost.

I use yatango, which is pay as you go. First month is free and I pay about $20 a month. You can customize the plan however you want month by month. Eg I have low minutes, no texts but full internet.

If you're keen, let me know. I have a link so I get some credits on my acct that I'd appreciate :D

Tommy DJ

When did Victoria become Florida?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-female-best-friends-attend-deb-ball-together

Pathetic. Hope somebody gets roasted over that.

Edit: Fuck it, made a thread - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=826486

Since ages ago. Ivanhoe Grammar did the same thing a few years back.

Its more a problem with the people in charge of the schools and what they stand for. A lot of people in charge aren't exactly socially progressive, especially with some of the very wealthy Anglican or Catholic private schools, and, in many cases, are just there to make money by making sure kids do well in VCE. There's also always a fear that changing the status quo will result in a negative response from parents, communities, staff, and students. Its huge bullshit excuse but seeing how some people treated one of our homosexual teachers, I can see why some schools just want time to freeze so they don't have to bother doing anything.

Not tackling serious social problems is extremely lazy but its unfortunately how some schools prefer to deal with these sort of issues (see: bullying issues in secondary schools). To be quite honest, Victoria's secondary school education system encourages this sort of thing as most forms of positive social development are thrown out of the window during Year 11 and 12.

Deeku

i didn't go to my school formal or any of the uni balls, thought they'd be dumb. i think i was right cos these days it's weddings and annual dinners and they suuuuck!

magenta

My HS formal you didn't need to bring a date, just you and your parents for a nice dinner then proceed to get drunk. Creates no issues for all involved.

Danoss

New South Wales!

Did bloody well considering the ref was unable to take the whistle out of his mouth for the last few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom