• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
A car exploded in a driveway a few houses down. We called 000 and others did too. Fire fighters seem to have mostly dealt with it. Police appeared as well.

It sounded and felt like something heavy had been dropped, a person was working in a cherrypicker on electrical wires in another direction and it seemed that might have been the source of the sound but then we saw the fire.

Edit: more police, and now a helicopter circles above.

Edit: now two helicopters.

Good deal on the PS4. Good ole Dick Smith deals :)

Make sure you use the voucher as soon as you get the PS4! It's only valid until the end of June (once you enable it on your PSN account it shouldn't expire).

There'd be a decent chance of copping a fine for doing something like this, no? I doubt it would sell enough extra copies to cover the cost of that.

Depends on how organised I guess it was? Seems odd.

Maario kart in 2 days. Who will have time?

Well, I'll have plentiful time to admire the PS4
because there's nothing I really want to play on it

I'll also be getting Mario Kart, and I don't even like the series very much. The $55 with a free game (Won101 for me) is too much to pass up.

Well, I'll have plentiful time to admire the PS4
because there's nothing I really want to play on it

Yeah, every time ones of these deals pop up it's like "ooh, shiny new toy, so tempting" but then it's like I guess maybe I'd play Knack, and I'd probably buy MGS Ground Zeroes while it's $30 at OGS, and I'm kinda interested in Wolfenstein even though I don't play shootbangs that often, so there's really no point to it yet.

Gazunta

I'm hoping E3 makes me excited about video games again because besides the occasional muck-about with LEGO Marvel and playing whatever new C64 game comes out I'm pretty much not playing video games at all the last few months :/

I'll also be getting Mario Kart, and I don't even like the series very much. The $55 with a free game (Won101 for me) is too much to pass up.
Yeah I'll be grabbing it for Wind Waker HD. Annoyed they don't have LEGO Undercover available :(

Hearing there was a meth lab in the boot or car.
Oh that's pretty cool!

Yeah, every time ones of these deals pop up it's like "ooh, shiny new toy, so tempting" but then it's like I guess maybe I'd play Knack, and I'd probably buy MGS Ground Zeroes while it's $30 at OGS, and I'm kinda interested in Wolfenstein even though I don't play shootbangs that often, so there's really no point to it yet.
No interest in Watch Dogs? It's pretty sweet :)

I CANT WAIT FOR THIS KICKSTARTERRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now they are saying maybe a bomb, we have been evacuated, it is in the news and press are here.

Shitttttttttttttt hope everything works out okay. Hope your house is far enough away from his to avoid possible damage.

Also hope your pets are accounted for. We lost our cat overnight inside the house and eventually found him hidden under some clothes halfway up a wardrobe shelf trying to get some peace and quiet lol

jambo

2eEUCUI.jpg

Shaneus

My brother just bought a new TV... and a WiiU.

I strongly advised him against it. I even told him that if I'm barely playing new games on my PS4, imagine how few there are to play on WiiU!

He already has a Wii that he played for maybe a month or two and this was years ago.

He liked the idea of playing on the tablet. I suggested a PS4 and a Vita.

But he still went and bought one. Now I'll have to pretend that I'm happy he bought one, even though I can clearly see it's a massive waste of money. Ugh. This was after he told me he was over gaming on PC. Didn't even take a chance on remote Steam play given that I have a Wintel tablet he could try it with if gaming in bed was such a big thing for him.

Bah. Don't even know why he asked me for advice in the first place :/

I strongly advised him against it. I even told him that if I'm barely playing new games on my PS4, imagine how few there are to play on WiiU!

He already has a Wii that he played for maybe a month or two and this was years ago.

But he still went and bought one. Now I'll have to pretend that I'm happy he bought one, even though I can clearly see it's a massive waste of money. Ugh. This was after he told me he was over gaming on PC. Didn't even take a chance on remote Steam play given that I have a Wintel tablet he could try it with if gaming in bed was such a big thing for him.

Why so sad? This is a good thing! You can buy the WiiU off him in 2 months time for $50!

Rizzi

I bought a copy of Timesplitters today.
Why the hell did no-one tell me it was this good?
Also the Chromecast came out here today. Trying to decide if I should get one.

Gazunta

Timesplitters is indeed awesome. Do you need us to give you a quick rundown on other PS2-era games that were fantastic but nobody talks about?

Plugged in my PS3 to try out the f2p ace combat game. Seems pretty good. They throw heaps of the f2p credit stuff at you at the moment because of the launch.

Rizzi

I'm not sure what I would use it for though.
I mean, it seems cool but the lack of Netflix app here kinda kills it.
Plus my soundbar is plugged directly in to my console, not my tv so I'd have to unplug it every time I wanted to get sound out of the thing.

hamchan

All video games are a waste of money.

If he's over PC gaming, which is pretty much like PS4/XBO gaming except better in every way, then some Nintendo exclusives might not be bad for him.

Fair enough; he obviously likes good games and you don't. Simple.
Ugh.

What a ludicrous display. The problem Queensland have is they always try to walk it in.

Well, they usually can and have for the last 8 years.

Gazunta

Please do.

Awww yeah UNDER APPRECIATED PS2 GAMES LET'S GO

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast. The Warriors. The Bard's Tale. Powerdrome. Whiplash. I-Ninja. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Airblade. Giants: Citizen Kabuto. The Red Star. Destroy All Humans. Speed Racer. The Simpsons Hit & Run. MX vs ATV Unleashed. The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. GRADIUS MOTHERFUCKING FIVE. Psychonauts. TY The Tasmanian Tiger
bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom