• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

Awww yeah UNDER APPRECIATED PS2 GAMES LET'S GO

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast. The Warriors. The Bard's Tale. Powerdrome. Whiplash. I-Ninja. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Airblade. Giants: Citizen Kabuto. The Red Star. Destroy All Humans. Speed Racer. The Simpsons Hit & Run. MX vs ATV Unleashed. The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. GRADIUS MOTHERFUCKING FIVE. Psychonauts. TY The Tasmanian Tiger
bias

Oooh, I saw a copy of Gauntlet, Bard's Tale and The Red Star today.

Gazunta

Oooh, I saw a copy of Gauntlet, Bard's Tale and The Red Star today.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR

molly-meldrum-729-420x0.jpg

Explain this to me like I'm 5 and don't know how to use the google yet.
Plex is a software package that allows you to stream video from your computer to other devices in your house. This way your TV or PS3 (PS4 lol) can play any video your PC can even though they normally might not be able to.

You can even do this wirelessly, but it's less reliable.

Rizzi

I really wish there were more stores around here that sold older games.
There's a few CEX and two Gametraders stores around that have decent stuff sometimes, but mostly it's either shitty sports/wrestling/shovelware or nothing.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys, just an FYI,
I'd like to nominate myself to set up the Ausgaf mario kart tournament!

does any one have preferences for day / nights? we could just set up a weekly slot or something.

Guys, just an FYI,
I'd like to nominate myself to set up the Ausgaf mario kart tournament!

does any one have preferences for day / nights? we could just set up a weekly slot or something.

Do it. :)

I'm all for just a weekly thing, I have Tuesday/Wednesday off, and work the rest of the week. So I am used to just doing stuff when everyone else does.

Shaneus

Just bought this for my brother for his birthday. Because, nostalgia:
WE1jb8gm.jpg

On that note, does anyone know about this retro gaming competition thing being held in Geelong this Sunday? I'm not a big one for comps in general*, but I do like retro gaming.

*except when it involves winning a medal for best Tempest 2000 player at AusPAX! Hi Mar_, Gaz :)
Pfffft, buy. Just wait 6 months and tell him you'll take that dust collector off his hands.

No charge, because you're my brother.
You're smarter than you look. Too late for me to type anything condescending here, sorry.

All video games are a waste of money.

If he's over PC gaming, which is pretty much like PS4/XBO gaming except better in every way, then some Nintendo exclusives might not be bad for him.
Pretty much. Pinball is the wave of the future!
xXGWi6Y.png

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast.
The best home version of Outrun was Outrun 2 for Xbox. They pulled it back too far when they ported 2006 to all the other consoles :(
But I didn't think it was underrated anywhere?

MK = Mortal Kombat.

Find another name for Mario.
This, so much.

Quasar

Explain this to me like I'm 5 and don't know how to use the google yet.

Have you heard of XBMC? Plex is a fork of that that's made into a client server mode so all the heavy lifting such as transcoding is done by the server part and the clients such as chromecasts or set top boxes in theory don't have to be very powerful at all.

I love it.

As for chromecast I use it for plex as well as streaming other media (google music, youtube, netflix, pocketcasts, crunchyroll). Its a nice simple general purpose streaming device. I just wish it supported more audio formats and was wired to handle higher bitrates.

Quasar

Got myself the audiobook of the new Jim Butcher Dresden Files book, Skin Game. Happy Days. Nice to see audible actually lets me buy the Dresden Files books now. God I have the stupidly of international licensing.

Deeku

So with the mention of Outrun here, I suddenly remembered that it came out on japan 3ds store a few months back as part of the Sega 3d classics thing....so I kinda just impulse bought it.

It's pretty neat, 60fps, not totally sure it was worth 800+ yen but oh well!

radaxian

Awww yeah UNDER APPRECIATED PS2 GAMES LET'S GO

Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast. The Warriors. The Bard's Tale. Powerdrome. Whiplash. I-Ninja. Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. Airblade. Giants: Citizen Kabuto. The Red Star. Destroy All Humans. Speed Racer. The Simpsons Hit & Run. MX vs ATV Unleashed. The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction. GRADIUS MOTHERFUCKING FIVE. Psychonauts. TY The Tasmanian Tiger
bias

Also

Blood Will Tell, Metal Arms, God Hand, Pac-Man World 2, Shadow Hearts series, Splashdown 2: Rides Gone Wild, R-Type Final, Way of the Samurai, Wrath Unleashed.

I bought RPG Maker. I will never make an RPG. Why do I do these things?!

I grabbed it just because at that price why wouldn't I? I doubt I'll ever actually do anything with it but my friends and I used to play around with, like, RPG Maker 2000 or something?, so it's nice to have there in case I do ever want to just tinker around with it.

legend166

Have you heard of XBMC? Plex is a fork of that that's made into a client server mode so all the heavy lifting such as transcoding is done by the server part and the clients such as chromecasts or set top boxes in theory don't have to be very powerful at all.

I love it.

As for chromecast I use it for plex as well as streaming other media (google music, youtube, netflix, pocketcasts, crunchyroll). Its a nice simple general purpose streaming device. I just wish it supported more audio formats and was wired to handle higher bitrates.

How do you get Netflix working with it? Last I read the DNS settings were hard coded.

Stackboy

I just use PS3 Media Server...

Me too, love it!!

Think I'll pick up Borderlands 2 for the Vita this weekend. RRP is $39.95, only $3 more than the price on ozgameshop.

I love me some Borderlands! The pre-sequel doesn't look like it's doing anything different but it looks like fun so I'll grab that for cheap on PC (looks like you can get it for around $50 on most sites which is the right price).

senahorse

So Netflix on Chromecaset, 2 questions:

1. Does it support full HD?
  2. Is it treated like a media device or a computer, that is, a media device such as PS3 there is more HD content then there is for PC, e.g. all Fox content on PC is SD only

I see a lot of talk of Brisbane in here. Let's have a meet up, chaps.

Also, I was trying to get my girlfriend excited about Mario Kart. Her response was "Mario? I don't really like Mario. He's a dick". Ah, I love her so!

PS+ is great next month!

Make sure to grab these today if you haven't already

New PS+ games entering on Wednesday night at 11pm AEST

4th June: Pixeljunk Shooter Ultimate for PS4/Vita (Shooter 1&2 remake, CrossPlay, CrossSave & CrossBuy)
4th June: Trine 2: The Complete Story for PS4
4th June: NBA 2K14 for PS3
4th June: Lone Survivor Directors Cut for PS3/Vita (CrossBuy & CrossSave)
4th June: Dragon’s Crown for Vita only
4th June: Surge Deluxe for Vita

From here on out there won't be any more yearly titles, which sucks as you lose 2 PS3, 2 Vita and 1 PS4 game per year BUT in return there will be an extra PS4 game very month. So win for PS4 owners but loss for PS3/Vita only PS+ers.

Happy to get 4 Vita titles this month!!

I bought a copy of Timesplitters today.
Why the hell did no-one tell me it was this good?
Also the Chromecast came out here today. Trying to decide if I should get one.
I've been saying for years it's the best FPS going around. Spent at least 1000+ hours in TS2. Would love a proper remake with all the editor/MP stuff.

What do you use a ChromeCast for?
It's effectively an Android tablet for your TV. You can browse Chrome stuff on it but it's mainly for media centre stuff. It will be used 100% of the time for Plex in my lounge so the PS3 can be retired back to my office. Plex is super easy, next time it comes up cheap on Android I'll give you a heads up. Just an app that lets you run a program in the background of your PC that lets you stream it to the Plex app on the Chromecast/etc without having to convert any files. Gets a lot of use with kids TV shows/movies since the discs get lost/scratched!

Got myself the audiobook of the new Jim Butcher Dresden Files book, Skin Game. Happy Days. Nice to see audible actually lets me buy the Dresden Files books now. God I have the stupidly of international licensing.
Someone in my Twitter feed was reading this yesterday! Seems popular, might have to grab the series from BookDepo.

Sometimes I'm like "Man, fuck all the cat videos on the internet". But then I see a cat playing Jenga and then I'm like "Fuck it, whatever".
You should buy a cat. They can play your pinball machines while you're at work!

Me too, love it!!

Think I'll pick up Borderlands 2 for the Vita this weekend. RRP is $39.95, only $3 more than the price on ozgameshop.

I love me some Borderlands! The pre-sequel doesn't look like it's doing anything different but it looks like fun so I'll grab that for cheap on PC (looks like you can get it for around $50 on most sites which is the right price).
Yeah $40 is a great price, glad they were able to offer a smart price here.

Only $33 digitally here too! Expected twice that.

Jintor

Oooh dragon's crown.

What's surge deluxe?

My practice of not actually buying most vita games is really paying off with this plus service.

I just wrote a thing about how I liked Stick It to The Man!, but it didn't go through because reasons.

So, I liked Stick It to The Man!, so play it.

legend166

I'm not sure how Quasar does it, but I have the DNS on my router set up for Unblock-US, so all devices on the network are able to use it.

Just from reading, apparently it will ignore that and still use the hard coded Google DNS server. But what you can do is set up a static route on your router to redirect any traffic headed for the Google DNS servers to a dummy address, and then it will fall back to what you have listed in the Router.

Although I don't know why you couldn't just set up a static route for the Google DNS servers and redirect straight to the Getflix/Unblock Us DNS servers.

Deeku

From here on out there won't be any more yearly titles, which sucks as you lose 2 PS3, 2 Vita and 1 PS4 game per year BUT in return there will be an extra PS4 game very month. So win for PS4 owners but loss for PS3/Vita only PS+ers.

Happy to get 4 Vita titles this month!!
Huh...that kinda sucks. I think my sub is running out soon, but I'll probably still re-sub. Then by the time I get a ps4 I'll have some serious backloggin

Also wooooo dragon's crown!!!

Mr. Tone

Just from reading, apparently it will ignore that and still use the hard coded Google DNS server. But what you can do is set up a static route on your router to redirect any traffic headed for the Google DNS servers to a dummy address, and then it will fall back to what you have listed in the Router.

Although I don't know why you couldn't just set up a static route for the Google DNS servers and redirect straight to the Getflix/Unblock Us DNS servers.

Ah, fair enough. I mainly use Netflix on my PS4 and Blu-ray player, and they're less picky.

Darren870

So how does this whole superannuation thing work? I've been asked for my super details by my new employeer.

Do I set one up myself? Any companies anyone would recommend?

Gazunta

When I started my first office job the company set up my Super for me since I didn't have one previously. Most places do the same.

I recommend SunSuper because they have had a good track record of growth with me and a good life insurance policy as part of the package.
Don't tell the wife I'm worth more dead than alive

Shaneus

What do you mean by no "yearly" titles? Were there titles that were available for a whole year vs. just a month? Regardless, happy about getting another PS4 title monthly, even if it'll probably just be an indie one.

Also, Dragon's Crown. Nice.

I see a lot of talk of Brisbane in here. Let's have a meet up, chaps.

Also, I was trying to get my girlfriend excited about Mario Kart. Her response was "Mario? I don't really like Mario. He's a dick". Ah, I love her so!
#teamluigi

That reminds me, the WiiU my brother's getting is the MK8 one. You can use Wii classic controllers with the U, yes? Because I definitely want to give it a crack against my bro.

$16.50 for The Last of Us PS3 version posted

Buy it fuckin. GOTG.

What's surge deluxe?

My practice of not actually buying most vita games is really paying off with this plus service.
Puzzle game by the Velocity mob. Awesome team, I should have bought it yonks ago. :)

I just wrote a thing about how I liked Stick It to The Man!, but it didn't go through because reasons.

So, I liked Stick It to The Man!, so play it.

Yeah it's awesome. Really love the feel of it. Top notch dialogue too!

jambo

What do you mean by no "yearly" titles? Were there titles that were available for a whole year vs. just a month? Regardless, happy about getting another PS4 title monthly, even if it'll probably just be an indie one.

Uncharted 3 and Little Big Planet Karting were free all year on PS+.

Also I think the Vita Uncharted was the same.

Better to have 72 free games a year though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom