• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aww yeah $52 for Mario Kart 8. Now to play the waiting game. *taps thumbs*

think I better dance now
tom-jones-dancing.gif

Darren870

I have a feeling in Australia if you leave and claim you're never going to return, you can get access to all your super. I'd look into it, as having one will mean fewer fees.

Yea, I recall reading that. I'll look into it if I ever leave. I don't know where ill be when I retire, heck I don't even know where I'll be in a few years. Makes it a bit hard to get them all into one because of that.

vanty

Just got MK8 at Big W. Like 8 people ahead of me all getting the game, two of them console bundles. Only I had the $52.20 barcode though.

Keep forgetting to post this >_<

PS4 with Wolfenstein New Order for $493 pickup from Dick Smith.

Great deal! Basically makes the PS4 $423 if you were planning on grabbing Wolf anyway.

Gosh dick, just give me an Xbone bundle for that price.

I actually got to try one of the xbone controllers in JB and shiiiit they're awesome. Can't wait for PC drivers.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
OK tournament set for aabout 6pm -10pm sunday nights.

I'm not sure how it works, but I'll post the code later (currently trying online)

I'll assume it's something like you race in 8 races and whom ever has the best total after their 8 races wins the night.

Arksy

What's this bundle? I got a Wii U but have only played Tropical Freeze on it. It's pretty fantastic but I've beaten it now. :(

HolyCheck

AusGAF Mario Kart 8 Tournament
Weekly!
Sunday 5pm - 11pm AEST.
150cc
Code: 5415 2333 1600

Edit: cool, you can join it at any time! So if you want to race ausgaffers you can join it! We can meet up there when evs.

Dryk

AusGAF Mario Kart 8 Tournament
Weekly!
Sunday 5pm - 11pm AEST.
150cc
Code: 5415 2333 1600

Edit: cool, you can join it at any time! So if you want to race ausgaffers you can join it! We can meet up there when evs.
I'm in the lab tomorrow afternoon but I'll look into it

Well at least you know you don't have to spend a buttload of cash on games for it Jintor!

What speed you looking for? Amazon is usually the best bet but deals pop up pretty much every day on OzBargain!

Class 10. Just saw one on ozbargain which is local, might just get it and hope the shipping is cheap.

Dryk

First impressions of Mario Kart 8: Oh shit, they remembered to balance the item drops for 12 people this time! Great! Getting a pile of shit rammed up your arse at the end of the race is only happening to me every 3 or 4 races instead of multiple times per race.

Picked up the Target Wii U Pack, Mario Kart is fantastic.

Got a Stuck Pixel on the Wii Gamepad. Shit! Is this a usual thing with them?

I'm guessing Nintendo Australia wouldn't give a shit.

GUYS

I NEED YOU TO KEEP PLAYING MARIO KART UNTIL I FINISH MY EXAMS.

You don't know it yet but y'all love me!~ ='(

oh my gosh i can't stop staring at it stupid tertiary education!

xk0sm0sx

Hi AusGAF, I will be going to Sydney for a week in a few months time. My way of touring a country is by traveling out to find cheap and good eats before exploring the place. I absolutely know nothing about Sydney or Australia at all.

Is there anyone who can recommend me a good site to look up for eatery reviews? Or recommend me your favourite places. My interest is still to look for "cheap and good" foods rather than the expensive ones, even though my budget allows me to. That's just what I love to eat haha.

If you have any Australia fast food recommendations, please tell me! Also, some buffet recommendations would be nice.

xk0sm0sx

Welcome to Sydney. Even eating food from a fucking street stall in the Rocks will cost you $10. Sorry.

Yeah, from what I found, everything seemed to be a high class restaurant. Are there really no hidden finds around...? Even slightly outside of Sydney?

I don't mind paying more, I just hate eating at places that cost too much. No matter how good the food it will never satisfy my urge of wanting to eat something more "worth it".

... have you tried nandos

nandos is neat

... sorry.

Any particular types of food you're interested in? Australian cuisine is pretty nebulous and we pretty much steal our cultural identity from everyone else~!

I'm a huge proponent for Korean BBQ buffets! Oh, and welcome to Sydney sir/ madame! From where do you hail?

xk0sm0sx

... have you tried nandos

nandos is neat

... sorry.

Any particular types of food you're interested in? Australian cuisine is pretty nebulous and we pretty much steal our cultural identity from everyone else~!

I'm a huge proponent for Korean BBQ buffets! Oh, and welcome to Sydney sir/ madame! From where do you hail?

I'm from Singapore haha, yes I noticed there's a lot of Asian restaurants so I want to avoid that.
There's Nendos in Singapore, but I don't mind trying it in Australia as I think the quality will be different.
Korean BBQ buffets, we have LOTS of them in Singapore haha.

Keep forgetting to post this >_<

PS4 with Wolfenstein New Order for $493 pickup from Dick Smith.

Great deal! Basically makes the PS4 $423 if you were planning on grabbing Wolf anyway.

Type in: &#8216;12DAYSTORIO&#8217; under promotion vouchers and you get the PS4 and the game for only $434.02. It&#8217;s today only! :O

I want the PS4 when The Evil Within comes out in 5 months, but this is so tempting! I wonder if it will get lower by October?!

Jintor

See if you can find a Grill'd

buy something and eat it

it's all good.

Harry's Cafe de law Wheels or whatever by the Theatre is okay. Get a pie. They have an outlet by Central as well. 'sokay.

Get some fries from Lord of the Fries. They're technically a Melbourne thing but whatever, their fries are goddamn delicious

HolyCheck

PSA FOR ALL WII U PREMIUM OWNERS.

don't forget to get on here : https://p.nintendo.net/

to get your free eshop credit.

waiting for my purchases to show up, but according to other parts of Gaf you will get the full points for both mario kart 8 + your free game.

meaning $14 of free eshop credit.

xk0sm0sx

See if you can find a Grill'd

buy something and eat it

it's all good.

Harry's Cafe de law Wheels or whatever by the Theatre is okay. Get a pie. They have an outlet by Central as well. 'sokay.

Get some fries from Lord of the Fries. They're technically a Melbourne thing but whatever, their fries are goddamn delicious

Awesome, thanks for your shops! I'll try to reach them, even if they're located elsewhere haha.

Type in: ‘12DAYSTORIO’ under promotion vouchers and you get the PS4 and the game for only $434.02. It’s today only! :O

I want the PS4 when The Evil Within comes out in 5 months, but this is so tempting! I wonder if it will get lower by October?!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

They have tf xbo+wolf+play charge kit for 598, but not subject to voucher because it's click and collect only

*shakes fist*

Wolfenstein The New Order for X1 is $40 posted for you weirdos without PS4's!

So what's a good memory option for me to stick into the WiiU
Just grab a 16GB mem stick, that's my plan. KMart had them for $10 the other day.

Picked up the Target Wii U Pack, Mario Kart is fantastic.

Got a Stuck Pixel on the Wii Gamepad. Shit! Is this a usual thing with them?

I'm guessing Nintendo Australia wouldn't give a shit.
Give them a call, Ninty are usually awesome for warranty stuff. Probably give you a new pad.

I'm from Singapore haha, yes I noticed there's a lot of Asian restaurants so I want to avoid that.
There's Nendos in Singapore, but I don't mind trying it in Australia as I think the quality will be different.
Korean BBQ buffets, we have LOTS of them in Singapore haha.
Heh I was going to say Korean BBQ, love em.

Do they have a burger/chips place in Sydney like Lord of the Fries or Grill'd? I haven't been to Sydney in years :(

Type in: ‘12DAYSTORIO’ under promotion vouchers and you get the PS4 and the game for only $434.02. It’s today only! :O

New voucher! Damn good deal. I was in bed by 11pm so I missed that. Insane price for the PS4 bundle, makes it like $370 for a PS4!

I highly HIGHLY doubt it will get cheaper than that. With the X1 price drop I expect Sony will do these game bundles. Already a long way from the $550RRP!

Out of stock now though.

PSA FOR ALL WII U PREMIUM OWNERS.

don't forget to get on here : https://p.nintendo.net/

to get your free eshop credit.

waiting for my purchases to show up, but according to other parts of Gaf you will get the full points for both mario kart 8 + your free game.

meaning $14 of free eshop credit.
OH FUCK

Thanks!

Been meaning to look into this for 12+ months now lol

You are a gentleman and a scholar!

Grrrrrrrrrrrr

They have tf xbo+wolf+play charge kit for 598, but not subject to voucher because it's click and collect only

*shakes fist*

That's REALLY odd since the Wolf & PS4 combo was pickup only yesterday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom