• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is fantastic.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/the-great-australian-love-story-is-happening-right-now-on-tw

tumblr_n6doe9dK9P1qax99wo1_500.jpg

Been meaning to watch Rick and Morty. That and Bob's Burgers.

Dude what. Get on that Rick and Morty watching ASAP.

Anyone have a chromecast? What's the deal with that? Think I might get one tomorrow.

Will get whenever Dick Smith posts one.

I still have no idea what it's about.

Mirroring chrome tabs?

God I hope I can stream media from my PC with it conveniently. And that I will have some way to control it conveniently (Windows phone lol).

markot

Banned
So... why does all Australia's internets have caps?

It shits me every time I hear of those Yankee doodles with uncapped 4g and cable internet...

The point is I want to be able to use my phone as a remote, since my PC is physically located in a separate room and I need some way of pausing stuff without running back to my PC.

Because Lumias are extremely sexy and I love the WP aesthetic. Cyan 4 lyfe.

Does the plex mobile app allow you to remotely control the plex stuff from your desktop anyway?

Rizzi

All the movies I own are on blu-ray. I don't think I'd have any use for the chromecast.
I plopped my copy of Gauntlet Dark Legacy in earlier. Game freezes after the first level. Ugh. At least it was only $7 I guess. Remind not to buy used PS2 games off eBay again.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The NBN rollout map was updated a few hours ago to include areas that are in the "build preparation" phase. If your area was earlier considered under construction but disappeared once the Libs got their claws into NBN Co, check the map again as you may find that it's been re-added.

Because Lumias are extremely sexy and I love the WP aesthetic. Cyan 4 lyfe.

Does the plex mobile app allow you to remotely control the plex stuff from your desktop anyway?

Yeah. The PS3 app works the same as the Android app so I expect the Chromecast one is the same. It's basically a UI to go through your media folder on the PC and pick what to stream. Only difference is you have a separate app on your phone to move around the UI up on the TV.

Gazunta

New NBN rollouts in my city!

(zooms in map)

New NBN rollouts in my suburb!!

(zooms in further)

New NBN rollouts stop a street away from me FUCK SAKE GOD DAMN IT

senahorse

The NBN rollout map was updated a few hours ago to include areas that are in the "build preparation" phase. If your area was earlier considered under construction but disappeared once the Libs got their claws into NBN Co, check the map again as you may find that it's been re-added.

Certainly has (not utterly surprising though considering my area originally had a completion date of Dec13 and pretty much every pit in the suburb has been replaced and all roped and rodded), though I won't be breathing a sigh of relief (currently stuck with Telstra) until I see that NTD installed.

Shaneus

(zooms in map)

(zooms in further)

Solution: Buy pinball machine, never worry about concerning yourself with the internet again.

Woo, back on the nbn rollout map.

Now to wait three years for them to set it up.

Boo, still not on the map again. Lord Wentworth even claimed that the maps were not correct and planning hadn't even started in my area meaning there was no chance they would have been able to start within 12 months more that a year ago. Of course the fact that I'd seen NBN trucks on multiple times at multiple locations side drilling conduits less that 2km from my house 6+ months ago, apparently I and many others were just imagining that.

Strangely enough, across the border in a Lib held swing seat, the NBN is going ahead at a cracking rate, yet in my safe Labor seat, nothing!

Has anyone's year been shit? This year has been shit :(

Strangely enough, across the border in a Lib heald swing seat, the NBN is going ahead at a cracking rate, yet in my safe Labor seat, nothing!

Safe seat? Fuck you, basically, is what they are saying.

Safe Liberal/National seat down here. NOTHING gets done here. NOTHING.

Back home in the bush was safe Anything-but-Labor seat. Nothing ever got done. Everything got shutdown. Nobody gave a shit.

Would love to live in a constantly swinging seat tbh :(

The year so far hasn't been anything special except for the birth of my wonderful daughter. Will finally get a bit of a break from work next month (parental leave) which should hopefully make the year better.

Uhh, yeah, pretty lame year.

Still, we live for the hope of a better tomorrow.
~~~
ClivePwned, where abouts are you? How long have you been here? I'm really sorry for how terrible your year has been; I'd completely lose it if I was in your circumstance so you're much stronger than I am and I admire that for the tiniest solace that might provide.

Working away from home. It's better than unemployment, I guess...

In other news, the little guy started walking last week. When I flew home yesterday, he took some steps toward me at the airport. It's pretty awesome.

EDIT: What's a Thacker?

Working away from home. It's better than unemployment, I guess...

In other news, the little guy started walking last week. When I flew home yesterday, he took some steps toward me at the airport. It's pretty awesome.

EDIT: What's a Thacker?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830833

a Gaffer who can't get a job, gets an interview for a decently paying IT job which he only needs to not fuck up at the interview, feels he is made to wait too long without an apology, walks out after 50 minutes without saying a word, drives an hour home to post on GAF, gets pilloried by most of GAF, gets email from prospective employer asking if he's returning for the interview, replies calling the prospective employer unprofessional, gets a really nice reply, calls GAF milk-drinking, gets banned, etc

see also phyrric victory, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, pride comes before a fall.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830833

a Gaffer who can't get a job, gets an interview for a decently paying IT job which he only needs to not fuck up at the interview, feels he is made to wait too long without an apology, walks out after 50 minutes without saying a word, drives an hour home to post on GAF, gets pilloried by most of GAF, gets email from prospective employer asking if he's returning for the interview, replies calling the prospective employer unprofessional, gets a really nice reply, calls GAF milk-drinking, gets banned, etc

see also phyrric victory, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, pride comes before a fall.
Hahaha! Okay, that does make me feel better. I've done some oblivious, self defeating and career limiting crap in my time, but never anything on that scale.

EDIT: Damn Clive. You win the bad year stakes by a good country mile.

Hahaha! Okay, that does make me feel better. I've done some oblivious, self defeating and career limiting crap in my time, but never anything on that scale.

EDIT: Damn Clive. You win the bad year stakes by a good country mile.

Nope. Please don't pity me. Shit has a way to work itself it out.

Also, my wife is a cunt. So don't feel bad.

r1chard

Nope. Please don't pity me. Shit has a way to work itself it out.

Also, my wife is a cunt. So don't feel bad.
Sorry to hear that. That's not pity either. I've just hit 12 months of separation from my wife of 13 years. Shit does have a way of working itself out though as you say.

Rezbit

My year is going pretty okay. Met heaps of awesome people, loving being back at uni right in the middle of melbourne. The minus is I am poor as fuck!

Quasar

Plex and chromecast is awesome. That is all.

Yeah.

I've imported a couple and love them for the most part. My only really gripes are the wireless only nature and then audio formats/video bitrates it can handle.

As for plex, its been my preferred media center thing for a couple of years. About the only issue has been how it handles the lossless audio formats.

Quasar

(zooms in map)

(zooms in further)

Yeah. The half of my suburb I'm not in, is in a green zone now. So I'm about two blocks from being in a NBN zone. Though maybe as both halves of my suburb saw NBN work prior to the election and the 'other side' just got re-enabled might mean I won't miss out after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom