• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only there was some sort of large convergence of video game publishers, developers, PR and journalists where new titles might possibly be announced and if only this was happening sometime in the next week or so. If only.
I know right! Seems so stupid barely any games are coming. Those poor games media people are getting bored with nothing to do.

If only there was also a contingent of video game development teams with less than 50 people who made games that come out! They would be awesome too. Someone should look into that.

*looks at ps4*

why do I even own you

this time in the xbox lifecycle I was playing oblivion and the darkness and saints row
Oblivion came out at AU launch! Our stupid delayed launch! So glad we didn't have to put up with that again. That and Amped 3 got me through until Gears 1.
The Darkness was 19 months after launch, which would be equivalent to June 2015. We already got Wolfenstein The New Order!
Saints Row was 9 months after launch, so that would be like September 2014. We already got Watch Dogs!

Lineup is okay so far. The bunch of great indie titles has really helped. Didn't have that at the start of 360 generation aside from the seminal GeoWars.

Rizzi

I need a microphone to record an oral presentation on. I thought I'd just use the mic in my razer headphones, but the quality is fucking terrible. Any thoughts?

Jintor

I need a microphone to record an oral presentation on. I thought I'd just use the mic in my razer headphones, but the quality is fucking terrible. Any thoughts?

I have a cheap $20 USB mic I use for everything. Quality is tolerable. Otherwise phone?

Smart phone?

You could go Blue Yeti, but that's like $200~

I think I payed closer to 100 for mine on Ebay.

But all I use it for now is skype and gaming, lol.

My COH partner always whines about how he can hear things going on outside, in my hallway etc and how loud my keyboard is. Sensitive Mic + Mechanical Keyboard =

Shaneus

So, I played a WiiU last night. Better than I thought, but dem jaggies in Mario 3D World. That Zelda game looks nice, but it really didn't look or feel like a new game at all (and yes, I know it's a re-release). Controller feels nice, but having the X/Y and A/B buttons switched from their arrangement on the 360 threw me quite a bit.

Would play again, but yeah, no way I'd ever buy one for myself.

I go to email the usual person (Person A) I send the office's stationery orders to. I get an automatic reply that they are on leave and to contact Person B. I go to contact Person B and I get an automatic reply that they are on leave and to contact Person A.

jambo

15 minutes after stationary runs out in any office

pizo2RF.jpg

Fredescu

I go to email the usual person (Person A) I send the office's stationery orders to. I get an automatic reply that they are on leave and to contact Person B. I go to contact Person B and I get an automatic reply that they are on leave and to contact Person A.

Sounds like your order is stationary.

Shaneus

So I had a casual position at my job here until the end of this month. Now it's getting extended for another 3 months minimum.

Yay for (kind of) job security!

Rizzi

Yay, I (sorta) figured out some of the stuff that I didn't understand with my uni work.
Look at me now 'pa I'm book learnin'

Danoss

Any thoughts on where to buy a cheapish usb microphone? Dick Smith didn't have any and neither did office works.

Those two places Jambo mentioned are a good start. JB Hi-Fi might be worth a look too. Something like this is all you need. You're on the right track with USB, so you don't have to worry about sound card issues.

The smart phone suggestion isn't a bad one, if you have one of course. I've used a couple of my Nexus devices to record some things that would've been too much effort to write down at the time, and they did a great job. The audio quality should be quite good if it's anything like those, which I don't doubt. Easy Voice Recorder was the app I used. I'm not sure about the iOS side of things, they'd surely have something similar where you can get the file to edit it or whatever.

I just bought a second hand Wii from Cash Converters a few days ago for $25 "as new". Came with everything you'd expect, as well as a nun chuck and Super Mario Galaxy that nobody thought to eject.

What are some must-plays? GameCube too I suppose, gonna grab a GCN controller at some point

I just bought a second hand Wii from Cash Converters a few days ago for $25 "as new". Came with everything you'd expect, as well as a nun chuck and Super Mario Galaxy that nobody thought to eject.

What are some must-plays? GameCube too I suppose, gonna grab a GCN controller at some point

Super Mario Galaxy

Rizzi

It's lighter, more comfortable to hold, charges via usb and depending on your view of OLED screens might have a better screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom