• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

I just think Mario Kart looks nice and that's kinda it:/

You know what else looks nice? Dragon's Crown on vita! Game itself has the usual Vanillaware meh kind of vibe to it tho...I dunno, probably just need to play more than an hour

hamchan

Had the opposite effect on me, seemed like a furthering of the distance from the original, and best, game.

That's because Giant Bomb are awful at the game and highly negative about it. It's actually the closest MK to the original in a while.

That EBGames $279 deal for the Wii U + Mario Kart 8 (And skylanders) is really tempting.

The deal feels too good for EBGames, it makes me kinda paranoid that something big is happening at E3, like a price cut/revision etc. AusGAF, what do I do?!

Jintor

I just think Mario Kart looks nice and that's kinda it:/

You know what else looks nice? Dragon's Crown on vita! Game itself has the usual Vanillaware meh kind of vibe to it tho...I dunno, probably just need to play more than an hour

oh yeah, i should probably add that to my psn account

Rizzi

That EBGames $279 deal for the Wii U + Mario Kart 8 (And skylanders) is really tempting.

The deal feels too good for EBGames, it makes me kinda paranoid that something big is happening at E3, like a price cut/revision etc. AusGAF, what do I do?!

A price cut in Australia?
Hahahaha.
Ah.. You're funny.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The wiiu quickstart is fucking awesome.

Press button, select mario kart. Mario kart loading up in under 2 seconds.

I remember abandoning a tales of game on the 360 because it was downloaded and just not quick to launch.

This is pleasant and a welcome update.

radaxian

Sweet - I was able to redeem 3 bonus Wii U games on my single eShop account as I'd hoped. I grabbed Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101.

You have to create a new Club Nintendo account for each copy, but the game download code you generate can be redeemed by anyone.

Now I just need to sell on 2 extra copies of MK8 (unused but without the bonus game). I only paid $52 each for them so it should work out fine, and someone else gets MK8 for a discount. Good way to grab some first party titles that are almost never discounted (particularly the digital versions).

HolyCheck

Sweet - I was able to redeem 3 bonus Wii U games on my single eShop account as I'd hoped. I grabbed Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101.

You have to create a new Club Nintendo account for each copy, but the game download code you generate can be redeemed by anyone.

Now I just need to sell on 2 extra copies of MK8 (unused but without the bonus game). I only paid $52 each for them so it should work out fine, and someone else gets MK8 for a discount. Good way to grab some first party titles that are almost never discounted (particularly the digital versions).

Do you have a premium wiiu??

Don't forget to collect your free eshop credit, p.nintendo.net if so.

Crazy that that worked :)

What's your wiiu NNID? Always happy to add more ausgaffers. Mines NiickU

Jintor

watch us all be decimated by some e3 bundle deal for premiums or some shit.

though I dunno, it's pretty hard to walk past the $280 deal for skylanders + mk8. Even if you have to bring your own hdd to party

Rizzi

I'll probably trade in the Skylanders or see if they'll knock something off without it.
Not a game I have any interest in.

Watch Dogs was great. Still a ton of side stuff to do. Loved the story, started out a little rough but they nailed the characterizations and the plotting in the second half was perfect. Felt very realistic indeed.

5/5 - would Kritz again

So, uh, still no link from Rep on the W3 trailer.
There already was oneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff >_<

Although this is the only one you should be watching ;)

(Every pub needs to put their HQ videos up with Blimblim! So much better than Youtube)

Shit, I just watched the giant bomb quick look of Mario Kart 8.
Fuck. I really want a Wii U now.
I can confirm Mario Kart 8 is very much a Mario Kart game, for better or worse.

Oh, Dragon's Crown for PS+ is available? Niiiice.
Well yeah, I linked all the new PS+ stuff like a week ago dude :(

Make sure to try Surge Deluxe! It's by the Velocity guys!

I'll probably trade in the Skylanders or see if they'll knock something off without it.
Not a game I have any interest in.

The exclusive figure with it was going for $50+ on eBay recently! Plus the game is awesome anyway :)

Rizzi

I briefly played the second one. Not really my sort of thing. And if I was going to play it it'd probably be on my PS4.

Really? I'm finding it a massive bore and a chore to play through.

Driving has a great sense of speed, handling reminds me a lot of Driver San Fran and is a ton of fun once you have all the ctOS hack upgrades. Gleeful to take out half the police force just by hacking.

Also arming enemies grenades and blowing them up unaware never gets old :)

I wanna slap the guy who designed the driving, the vehicles slip and slide like driving over butter.

Every other mission is just swapping through multiple cameras to hack stuff, locate a target, chase him down and do a takedown. Typical Ubisoft repetitive mission structure and overwhelming collectible activities.

Even the multiplayer is basically the same as assassins creed mp.

I wanna slap the guy who designed the driving, the vehicles slip and slide like driving over butter.

Every other mission is just swapping through multiple cameras to hack stuff, locate a target, chase him down and do a takedown. Typical Ubisoft repetitive mission structure and overwhelming collectible activities.

Probably lots of shared code under the hood.

And GAF, it's "Whose." That thread title drives me nut's.
it's the way that I spell them

Really? Had no issues with keeping the cars under control. The muscle cars tend to slide out easier, like the Stallion in GTA, but in general all the cars go fast as fuck while retaining the ability to thread through traffic/corners really well.

When you boil a game right down so much it will seem repetitive! The level design is rarely repeated, which makes every mission different to the last. It's like complaining that the new Mario games is basically just jumping! The hacking is what defines the game in the market, you can use it in a ton of different ways or not use it at all and just gun your way in or setup traps with gadgets.

Also every game is basically AC MP in that you try to kill each other or have races or collect things!

I also still don't understand why having a ton of optional side content is a bad thing. Options are a bad thing now? Ignoring them has no major impact on the main story aside from some context for one character that might be useful in a decision you have to make.

It really sucks that the visuals don't match up to the bullshot trailers. At the end of the day I'm willing to judge a product based upon what it offers up to me today, rather than pretend it's something it's not.

Rizzi

It bothers me that the Wii U doesn't have an ethernet or optical port.
I use a less than fantastic sound bar plugged in to my PS4. Would be nice to have an option to use it with the Wii U.

HolyCheck

How much do others pay for private health?

I'm tempted to lower my cover... (~90 a month)

But I had a big accident a year or so ago, followed by some surgeries etc.. so I know it was worth it then... but aghh..

radaxian

Do you have a premium wiiu??

Don't forget to collect your free eshop credit, p.nintendo.net if so.

Crazy that that worked :)

What's your wiiu NNID? Always happy to add more ausgaffers. Mines NiickU

Sadly I only have the basic 8GB Wii U so I don't get any of the free credit. (although I did snag it half price for $170 or something at the DSE selloff a year or so ago)

My NNID is 'radaxian', same for xbox live, and SEN is 'alex--kidd'

Fogz

But I had a big accident a year or so ago, followed by some surgeries etc.. so I know it was worth it then... but aghh..

About $190 a month for the fiancee and I

radaxian

Ours is now something like $325 / month for a family with 2 kids (hospital with small excess and some level of extras cover). It is expensive, but I try to remember that it's an insurance charge and not a service fee. Might save you tens of thousands one day, or might never pay off, but question is whether you're willing to take the risk.

Quasar

Numerous people on suicide watch now. IGN claiming Last Guardian is cancelled. The thing that surprises me if true (beyond the decision after so long (8 years?)and after so many recent affirmations that its still in development) is that Sony would not want to clear the decks way before E3 rather than have it leak with 48 hours of their E3 Press Conference.

Numerous people on suicide watch now. IGN claiming Last Guardian is cancelled. The thing that surprises me if true (beyond the decision after so long (8 years?)and after so many recent affirmations that its still in development) is that Sony would not want to clear the decks way before E3 rather than have it leak with 48 hours of their E3 Press Conference.

lol ign

Also that Butts guy has fucked up huge in the past too, can't recall the instance but his Twitter reminded me instantly. Why anyone would listen to a dude named Butts confuses me.

lol IGN

https://twitter.com/RohdeScott/status/475515804067569664

Really? Had no issues with keeping the cars under control. The muscle cars tend to slide out easier, like the Stallion in GTA, but in general all the cars go fast as fuck while retaining the ability to thread through traffic/corners really well.

When you boil a game right down so much it will seem repetitive! The level design is rarely repeated, which makes every mission different to the last. It's like complaining that the new Mario games is basically just jumping! The hacking is what defines the game in the market, you can use it in a ton of different ways or not use it at all and just gun your way in or setup traps with gadgets.

Also every game is basically AC MP in that you try to kill each other or have races or collect things!

I also still don't understand why having a ton of optional side content is a bad thing. Options are a bad thing now? Ignoring them has no major impact on the main story aside from some context for one character that might be useful in a decision you have to make.

It really sucks that the visuals don't match up to the bullshot trailers. At the end of the day I'm willing to judge a product based upon what it offers up to me today, rather than pretend it's something it's not.

It's the hype. The game got really hyped up after the E3 reveal 2 years ago, and failed to live up to that expectation. I had actually dropped any expectations but the final content just feels like playing missions for the sake of completing the game. The hacking part that is the USP of the game is very easy and lacks substance.

After having played GTA5, WD just doesn't do anything for me in terms of missions, story, characters and gameplay. At least the music that plays during story missions is pretty good, but the music tracks in the car/app are terrible.

I'm just playing through the story and will be selling it in a day or two. Anyone want to buy the PS4 ANZ limited edition? I haven't used any of the 4 dlc and bonus PS content codes. $40 to a good home.

Quasar

lol ign

Also that Butts guy has fucked up huge in the past too, can't recall the instance but his Twitter reminded me instantly. Why anyone would listen to a dude named Butts confuses me.

Probably because so many have lost faith it will ever come out. I know I wouldnt be shocked if they did cancel it.

So amazon have a package of speakers on sale for $380 that go for $1250 here. Problem is that shipping costs $420... Is shipping directly from Amazon the cheapest way possible in this situation? It's so fucked up the way we get robbed here in terms of pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom