• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

Privateer Press (tabletop gaming company, primarily miniatures) announced some of their upcoming releases over the weekend. Because they're decent human beings, they did so at night, enabling me to watch the livestreams at a very reasonable 1pm.

It's times like these that make me feel even better about my hobby of choice. That sounds a lot more arrogant than I intended, I like my sleep is all.

Edit: For content, they put one of my favourite character models on a bear in the next release and previewed the model. It's as cool as expected.

86kUPwC.jpg

Dead Man

Privateer Press (tabletop gaming company, primarily miniatures) announced some of their upcoming releases over the weekend. Because they're decent human beings, they did so at night, enabling me to watch the livestreams at a very reasonable 1pm.

It's times like these that make me feel even better about my hobby of choice. That sounds a lot more arrogant than I intended, I like my sleep is all.

Jerk :)

Solid 3.5/5 for MS.

Lots of games. None really stood out but none were shit (aside from Fable which was really bleh)

EVERYTHING IS CG

EVERYTHING IS 2015

EVERYTHING IS CO-OP >_<

Everything was leaked :(

That one indie game with colour looked great though. The Limbo game I have no interest in though because I hated Limbo. PRESS RIGHT TO AWESOME.

Halo 2 MP will be orgasmic. Almost worth buying a X1 for. THIS IS THEIR MARIO KART MOMENT. The killer app. Will sell a FUCKLOAD. Everybody better just play Halo 1/2/3 maps though.

Crackdown 3 leaked and was CG but cool. They better have destruction going by that trailer. Dave Jones is a fuckwit though. Wish they didn't have to bring him back. Yet another new studio for Crackdown! 2016 title as leaked, hope he doesn't fuck it up again. He got lucky with the first game. Don't want another APB fiasco. HAVE FAITH GAZ, HOPEFULLY PEOPLE TELL HIM TO FUCK OFF TO HIS OFFICE AND BE QUIET WHILE THEY MAKE THE GAME.

Platinum project was CG sadly. Meant to be 2016 but who knows. NINTENDO BETRAYLATHONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Poor Ninty :(

Phantom Dust HD remake is odd. Really odd. Expecting F2P. Sell booster packs. Lines up well with Killer Instinct and that Blizzard card game.

Overall pretty boring but okay. Halo 2 MP was awesome :)

EDIT: Oh yeah DR3 OTR looks great! Looking forward to playing it on PC later this year.

But MS will be the best one. Either an utter train wreck or the greatest recovery in years.
Sadly neither :(

What times are the difference press conferences for us?
e3times2014.png

EA is about to start.

So, I'm just sitting around, failing my law take-home when I just realised...

AMERICANS ONLY PUMP TWICE/ THRICE IN SCISSORS-PAPER-ROCK ["Rock Paper Scissors"]

HOLY GEEZ

Ausgaf, PLEASE tell me you pump four times (sci/ssors pa/per rock [choose at "rock"]).

... i just want to not fail and have a good e3...
Nope 3 times here :) 1, 2, go.

That looks awesome. Love the bloody claws.

Wow EA was really shit. 1.5/5 at best.

Most of it was behind the scenes teasers.

Nothing on Mirrors Edge, Criterion or Mass Effect aside from, "We working on it! Promise!"

Lots of sports. Boring.

BF Hardline. Already seen.

That's it.

Tommy DJ

E3 presentations are normally shit. I'm glad I stayed in bed because neither Microsoft or EA announced anything remotely interesting. Good lord, CD Projekt's presentation was done in a claustrophobic room with a dude who couldn't dress himself and it was more interesting than both those presentations put together because they actually presented and sold a product worth selling.

I haven't yet seen either of the conferences because sleeping but it seems I was right to be sleeping.

First person shooters are rarely my thing and I'm pretty sure I saw a trailer for Cuphead over a year ago.

So what were the exclusive Xbone games? Crackdown, the Kamiya one and Sunset Overdrive?

Fable Legends, Phantom Dust, Project Spark, Forza Horizon, Masterchief, I don't know how many ,if any, of the indie titles will be exclusive.

EA's one was pretty dull. Ubi's on now. Aisha's better looking in person than Archer.

Jintor

3/5 microsoft conference. No bombs because everything was leaked except Crackdown? Even kamiya's game didn't look super hype. Good lot of trailers though

Fredescu

Actually this one is far more appropriate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q0CkeuSqxk

'And all the grown-ups will say, 'But why are the kids crying?' And the kids will say, 'Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!' And then one particularly sensitive and articulate teenager will say, 'Other kids, do you understand nothing? How can Rick be dead when we still have his poems?''&#65279;

CG trailer= 2015/16 (as in the game isn't ready to be shown)

if its playable on the show floor over the next few days, it's likely to be coming out before next E3.

Jintor

2/5 for Ubisoft. It would've been 3/5 just for the amusement factor but Yves wasting his 'one more thing' on that boring-looking Rainbow Six game knocked it down a peg

Valiant Hearts stole the show for me.

Ac Unity looks amazing, esp the crowd. But it's the same stuff year after year and can't be justified with a 60 dollar purchase.

Hoping for a $30 deal from amazon like last year.

Gazunta

CRACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK

YES

OH GLORY DAYS

in 2016

IT WILL BE THE PINNACLE OF THE GOLDEN AGE OF MANKIND

Quasar

Well so far I've preferred the ubi event. Even if for me the most interesting was valiant hearts. MS had Ori and the Blind Forest though.

Glad there was nothing that pushed my must buy new hardware buttons.

Really hope Unity has a french audio option. That shit was jarring.

Shaneus

CRACKDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK

YES

OH GLORY DAYS

in 2016

IT WILL BE THE PINNACLE OF THE GOLDEN AGE OF MANKIND
2016? Fuck that. Superdiscount Xbone purchase confirmed.

Cheers, tiger. I should be able to access the Ustream one, but I have a feeling YT will also have a streamed thingy.

MS' (from Amir0x' summary) sounds like it was a little underwhelming. But a big LOL at Horizon 2 releasing a week before Driveclub. What's the bet that Evo/Sony push to release it a smidge before Horizon is due. God, I hope so.

Ubi was great, solid 3.5/5.

Didn't have a lot of new content but was really swish and well done. Microsoft need to fire their marketing team and poach some off Ubi.

Valiant Hearts was fantastic. Really strong showing.

Even the Just Dance Now thing was cool. Very Singstar.

New Rainbow 6 looks fun.

3/5 microsoft conference. No bombs because everything was leaked except Crackdown? Even kamiya's game didn't look super hype. Good lot of trailers though

Leaked yesterday or the day before. Plus people had been hinting that the MS destruction demo from a while back was part of the pitch for Crackdown.

jambo

Pretty much R6 Siege is the only thing that I'm interested in so far.

Hoping for No Man's Sky during Sony presser.

Also Rik Mayall =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom