• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

I'm glad to see there are others engaging in the madness. I may have a sleeping break between either Microsoft's and EA's or Ubisoft's and Sony's.

Yeah, gonna watch everything but mostly interested in Sony, EA (SW battlefront 3 fuck yeah) and Ubi (hoping for a new Prince of Persia),

C'mon mate, STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3!

Nahhhhhhhhh BF3 will be 2015 cycle. I'll wait until E3 next year for the blow out on that! EA will focus a lot on Battlefield Cops this E3.

Also PoP will be at the MS conf!

Kritz

Banned
you fools. MS's conference has been the best comedy act the last three years running. Expect OLD WHITE DUDES in suits CRAKIN WISE, appealing to the YOUTH with MADDEN and MULTI-CULTERAL LONG DISTANCE VIDEO COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES.

And let's not forget HULU still exists, along with the FORTY OTHER BRAND LOGOS that zoom out into a GIANT COLLAGE OF BRAND LEVERAGE SYNERGY.

please help I CAN'T STOP writing like THIS someone has a GUN BEHIND MY HEA-

Kritz

Banned
Hi guys, I'm Kritz! Did you know in Fable Legends™, you’re never completely alone. You can play the game single player, with a party of three heroic AI companions that follow your lead through stories and adventures.

Rizzi

No. But I guess if you don't have anything else and you really need to play a game with a Wii remote $9 isn't that much money.

Ingram

Can anyone tell me if I bought ZombiU from EB online would it be a brand new copy that's likely sealed? I never trust EB games with their empty cases and finger print covered disc wallets.

Card Boy

Banned
ozgameshop has Tales of the Abyss 3DS for $29 if you use the Queens Birthday code. Game is discontinued in Australia. For any Tales fans i would jump at the opportunity.

Kritz

Banned
interesting last few days

internet & phone are dead at home. Went to my mother's place so I can study for exams (and watch e3 / dota - the important stuff, y'know). The PC I set up here didn't work, the SSD had failed completely (not even readable by BIOS). I knew this coming in so I bought a spare 500GB hdd. I accidentally drop said HDD onto flat concrete and while it still technically works, it has a write speed of about... half a byte per second. So, shit.

I download a windows 7 ISO, have a half hour or so dicking around trying to make it bootable only to realise microsoft's iso boot application will fail if you're making a 64bit boot drive on a 32bit machine (in this case, my surface, which has proved its worth ten times over since I bought it).

Finally get it bootable, install it, realise I've accidentally installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Go download Windows 7 home, install it, aaaand now we're all good. More or less.

Meanwhile, iPrimus (our phone provider, for some fucking reason) said they might not get a tech out until Thursday to fix the line.

And I haven't remotely started studying for exams. :p

Dead Man

interesting last few days

internet & phone are dead at home. Went to my mother's place so I can study for exams (and watch e3 / dota - the important stuff, y'know). The PC I set up here didn't work, the SSD had failed completely (not even readable by BIOS). I knew this coming in so I bought a spare 500GB hdd. I accidentally drop said HDD onto flat concrete and while it still technically works, it has a write speed of about... half a byte per second. So, shit.

I download a windows 7 ISO, have a half hour or so dicking around trying to make it bootable only to realise microsoft's iso boot application will fail if you're making a 64bit boot drive on a 32bit machine (in this case, my surface, which has proved its worth ten times over since I bought it).

Finally get it bootable, install it, realise I've accidentally installed Windows 7 Ultimate. Go download Windows 7 home, install it, aaaand now we're all good. More or less.

Meanwhile, iPrimus (our phone provider, for some fucking reason) said they might not get a tech out until Thursday to fix the line.

And I haven't remotely started studying for exams. :p

I was about to moan about Telstra taking 5 days to fix a problem at my exchange which means my internet drops ouit every 5 minutes and takes a few minutes to come back. Won't be fixed till tomorrow at the earliest, probably Wed. But damn, you win. I just miss the E3 conferences.

At least you are underway though. Right?

Kritz

Banned
yeah, at this point if I forget to study, it's due to my own negligence.

Also, clipper gettin usurped in the e3 spreadsheet game

EDIT: Also, since implementing some basic stat tracking in CBD over the weekend, I've been able to get the following data. 260 players have successfully completed at least one order, which is about 10% of total registered players. At least 50 players have completed five or more orders, and in all, players have completed 1231 orders total, making an average of 3.8 per player. The top three players have completed 43, 28, and 27 orders respectively. I'll hopefully be able to keep adding stats to be able to track how many people are playing, and how far each player gets in playing the game to try and work out how to better improve the experience.

But, for now, those numbers seem pretty darn alright.

Stackboy

I'll be getting up at 130am to watch the press conferences on gametrailers. They have Jack Tretton!!!!

Then I'll rewatch the conferences later from the GB stream, with their commentary. Really interested to see what they think but for the first run through I want it clean.

Happy E3 eve everyone, hope all your video game related dreams come true this week.

I'm all set for tomorrow
BprbfEwCcAAFArQ.jpg

Good night everybody!

Oh man... I am not getting up at 2am for Microsoft, but Nintendo's making it hard for me to say no.

Then there's the World Cup. I'm not getting any sleep this month by the sounds of things.

Kritz

Banned
As much as I'd enjoy the irony of dew'ritos, tonight I'm solo and savoys.

aaaand coffee. Lots of coffee.

--

you fools missing out on MS's press conference. Best show in town!

Who's got the bingo sheets?

Ingram

Unlike with the Wii U or PS4, I have no plans to ever purchase an Xbone. Why then should I care?

Exactly same boat/opinion here. 360 was good but the Xbone I can't see ever owning. I'd rather a high end PC/Wiiu maybe a PS4 this gen :)

EDIT: Also the fact that I'm on beer number 8 and the chances of me staying up til 2:30AM tonight is pretty fucking slim!

Shaneus

Aussie wins the F1 that's broadcast at 4am local time, and Ten/One aren't showing a fucking replay at a reasonable hour? Fuck them all to hell.

jambo

you fools. MS's conference has been the best comedy act the last three years running. Expect OLD WHITE DUDES in suits CRAKIN WISE, appealing to the YOUTH with MADDEN and MULTI-CULTERAL LONG DISTANCE VIDEO COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES.

And let's not forget HULU still exists, along with the FORTY OTHER BRAND LOGOS that zoom out into a GIANT COLLAGE OF BRAND LEVERAGE SYNERGY.

please help I CAN'T STOP writing like THIS someone has a GUN BEHIND MY HEA-

Also SPORTS, SPORTS, SPORTS!!!

So, I'm just sitting around, failing my law take-home when I just realised...

AMERICANS ONLY PUMP TWICE/ THRICE IN SCISSORS-PAPER-ROCK ["Rock Paper Scissors"]

HOLY GEEZ

Ausgaf, PLEASE tell me you pump four times (sci/ssors pa/per rock [choose at "rock"]).

... i just want to not fail and have a good e3...

sports?

We Like Sportz
Sports Go Sports

I don't follow any sports anymore

edit: Yeah that's how many times I pump it. There's a few regional differences in how the game is played. Americans generally rotate their wrist when they choose paper so it's parallel to the ground. Some other cultures just randomly flail their hands around until the count to show

Dead Man

Aussie wins the F1 that's broadcast at 4am local time, and Ten/One aren't showing a fucking replay at a reasonable hour? Fuck them all to hell.

I got to lap 60 on watching the race without knowing this happened then I checked AusGAF :( But still, Fuck yeah Danny!

Jintor

I have to go to the airport tommorrow, so I'm going to sleep at a reasonable hour.

I'm prepped for the 2am Nintendo day after tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom